• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Orlando, FL
On InfoWars last week, host and vitamin-pusher Alex Jones had an interesting theory about why rates of suicide are higher for sexual minorities than for other groups. Instead of blaming, I dunno, society, which for most of modern history has treated gay people like the skid marks on your underoos, Jones blames... gay people.

A transcript, compliments of Media Matters:

The gay community—which, I don't hate anybody, on average diverse group of people—but, on average, they have the highest level of suicide globally of any group. And it's not because folks are being mean to them. It's because that community is being mean to them, and I've seen the studies. I've witnessed it for myself. I've had friends, family, neighbors that are gay. You go to their party, they're being meaner than hell to each other. I mean it's—a lot of gay people are really mean. And let's not lie about that, and let's not lie about how they treat each other. And that lesbians have the highest level of abusing each other, and I'm not — I don't hate women that like women. The whole point is they don't want to discuss why they have the highest rates of drug use, suicide.

https://www.thestranger.com/slog/20...mselves-because-other-gay-people-are-assholes

i_am_ben

Oct 27, 2017
Obviously bullying is an issue whenever human beings come together. But come on now.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking from the trans perspective, it's society's treatment of us that pushes me and others that far. Nothing but support from other trans people

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
But I guess people like him that treat LGBT people like they have a disease (that of course is being spread by the democratic government) are totally fine, it's not their fault.

4EsSXFn.jpg

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
I hope his kids show that they despise him as they get older. I hope he lives till his dying day lonely and hated by the people he loves.

rstzkpf

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Actually, lesbians have the lowest rate of domestic violence. Gay male couples, however, have the highest.

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
Actually, lesbians have the lowest rate of domestic violence. Gay male couples, however, have the highest.
That is not the CDC's data.
http://www.thetaskforce.org/bisexua...intimate-partner-violence-new-cdc-data-shows/
The lifetime prevalence of rape, physical violence and/or stalking by an intimate partner is extremely high in the lesbian, gay and bisexual community with lesbian women (43.8%), gay men (26%), bisexual women (61.1%), and bisexual men (37.3%) reporting experiencing this violence, compared to heterosexual women (35%) and heterosexual men (29%).
Percent who report experiencing intimate partner rape/violence/stalking:
Bi Women = 61.1%
Lesbian Women = 43.8%
Bi Men = 37.3%
Straight Women = 35%
Straight Men = 29%
Gay Men = 26%

Last edited:

rstzkpf

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 weeks): Disingenuous debate, homophobia. Ban extended after review.
Do you have evidence to refute this? Instead of saying lol vitamin pusher?

I'd comment but I'm not gay so I don't know what going on within the gay community. I can only guess.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only good Alex Jones will ever do in this world is being worm food when he croaks.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
In nearly every country of the world he'd have been put into a mental facility long ago.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alex Jones is a conspiracy theorist. If you would like to discuss issues within the gay community, there are far better places to launch a discussion from.

Status
Not open for further replies.