• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World

There's captions in the video in case you don't have sound, but he talks about how tough the treatments have been. He also mentions going through "great depression" but was committed to fighting on. Not gonna lie, I felt some tears welling up as I watched the entire thing.

Feb 1, 2018
Texas
The fact that he's still alive one year later with that form of cancer is astonishing, especially at his age.

I hope for the best.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is amazing. He is using all of his talents to deal with this, helping millions in the process.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
The fact that he's still alive one year later with that form of cancer is astonishing, especially at his age.

I hope for the best.

It's incredible but also kind of sad. The cynic in me knows he'd be gone by now if his money and celebrity didn't afford him cutting edge treatment. I wish all sufferers had that option.

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
It's incredible but also kind of sad. The cynic in me knows he'd be gone by now if his money and celebrity didn't afford him cutting edge treatment. I wish all sufferers had that option.
If he were somehow able to kick this type of cancer at his age, it would give hope there is a way to win for others too someday. That is a win for all.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017

It's a bad look to begrudge someone having access to the resource they need to stay alive.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
I like how candid and honest he is about his experience. Really an inspiration.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That was really hard for me to watch.

I can't put into words how happy I am to see someone with his wide range of audience speak out about his experiences. The good, the bad, and the honesty about how shitty cancer treatment is. I wish the best for Alex Trebeck and his family.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This isn't how cancer treatments work. It really pains me to see this take that somehow rich folks can buy their way out of cancer in every single thread relating to it. We are not NEARLY a rich family by any means, but my father had access to some of the best cutting edge cancer treatments available. Only because his specific markers lined up with this experimental treatment, and agreed to be part of the study. It was still just chemo (in a pill) with intense targeted radiation. It still didn't buy us much (or any) time.

If you don't know, chemo is essentially poison that wrecks shop on your body in hopes that it takes some of the cancer along with it. Radiation is similar in that it wrecks all of the human parts to take some of the cancer with it. Cancer treatment is one of the most brute-force types of medical treatment we use today, because we simply don't have better options.

But if it makes you feel better to dump on a rich guy with cancer, go for it.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
Watch Jeopardy every night and you can tell when he's having a good or bad day.

I have a love/hate relationship with Trebek but he is that show and he's a boss. His attitude is inspiring.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
He's had some interviews on Canadian TV recently too. It's inspiring how brave and candid he has been talking about it.
It would be understandable if he just walked away from the show but he just wants to soldier on. It's not the easiest game show to do either. He has to speak very clear and articulate. It has to be difficult and his professionalism remains commendable.