• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Oh definitely. My issue is that Pelosi has become a boogeyman to the right (along with Schumer) and I highly question whether their political acumen outweighs them poisoning the well for independent votes that might cross over (and are clearly needed).
There is a reason why Pelosi isn't angling for higher office. She is content where she is now and she knows where she is most effective. Don't do the work of the Republicans by citing her boogeyman status as the reason why you aren't supporting her.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Was probably busy slicing into a nice, thick steak on some lobbyists dime while 800k federal workers went without pay.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want it to get so bad that he can't even go to a grocery store without him hearing "Paging Mitch the bitch" on the store PA.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The weaponization of social media achieves a new level.

Hesemonni

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
D4lrCDZ.png

This guys gaze and expression tells it all.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
It's a disgrace that the media hasn't been holding Mitch McConnell accountable. It shouldn't have taken this long to bring up the fact that Mitch McConnell could have ended this way sooner. I've seen it mentioned before on the news but it's been brushed aside by the pundants or head reporters whenever someone they interview brings it up. A bunch of useless idiots.

The dem leadership has been waaaayyy too subtle in how the talked about it. They aren't being smart enough with their messaging.

Thanks young dems!

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
She's so good, we could do with her here. But she's so good that I'm kinda fearful something will shit it up, if you know what I mean?

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
Guys, i love AOC to death, but it's very possible that since they were all together the group collectively came up with the #WheresMirch hashtag. They (meaning Katie Hill, Laurie Underwood, and Mike Levin) all started using it roughly around the same time as AOC.

AOC is great. But there are other great freshmen that deserve paying attention to. I think AOC is getting frustrated that she gets all the attention and some of the other great freshmen don't get much.

Shibi

Oct 25, 2017
For those talking about the GOP making Pelosi a boogeyman, the reason they did that was because she's effective. They want you to think that you shouldn't want her as Speaker for (insert usual bullshit reason here) precisely because she is good at her job, holds the caucus together and quite possibly is the most shrewed and skilled politician of the last 30 years. Getting rid of her is exactly what republicans want and anytime your desires align with republicans regarding democratic politicians you should think critically if that's a good thing.

As far as AOC goes, she's doing a fantastic job messaging, and the right wing is terrified of her. They are already trying to turn her into a boogeyman. Studies have been done showing that she's mentioned far more often in conservative media than liberal media. While they are trying to discredit her now, its a long propaganda campaign, essentially meant to prevent her ascendancy over a longer time. The goal is that in 10 years, when AOC runs for President, or starts to look like leadership material people will have vague unease or lack of trust in her. They will either be unable to fully explain why or use very general non-specific terms (She's not liberal enough, I just don't trust her) which are planted by the conservative machine planting and fertilizing these ideas over a very long period of time. It may or may not work, but it has worked in the past.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
As far as AOC goes, she's doing a fantastic job messaging, and the right wing is terrified of her. They are already trying to turn her into a boogeyman. Studies have been done showing that she's mentioned far more often in conservative media than liberal media. While they are trying to discredit her now, its a long propaganda campaign, essentially meant to prevent her ascendancy over a longer time. The goal is that in 10 years, when AOC runs for President, or starts to look like leadership material people will have vague unease or lack of trust in her. They will either be unable to fully explain why or use very general non-specific terms (She's not liberal enough, I just don't trust her) which are planted by the conservative machine planting and fertilizing these ideas over a very long period of time. It may or may not work, but it has worked in the past.
This has definitely worked historically. I think a major difference going forward is that Millennials (and now Gen Zed) aren't sitting around letting our TV news tell us what to think about politicians. The media and the GOP also didn't want Trump to be president, though arguably you could argue they were more willing participants in his rise.

Everyone can have a voice now, and that's changing things.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
This has definitely worked historically. I think a major difference going forward is that Millennials (and now Gen Zed) aren't sitting around letting our TV news tell us what to think about politicians. The media and the GOP also didn't want Trump to be president, though arguably you could argue they were more willing participants in his rise.

Everyone can have a voice now, and that's changing things.

This characterises past events of simply being the Dems being too lazy or deciding to cede ground when this had nothing to do with whatever their choices are. Conservatives captured mainstream media, and hold a significant portion to varying degrees today, which is not a problem which could be easily solved as the Dems just telling the media to knock it off. In order to overcome this social media had to become invented to counter conservatives on equal terms, since the GOP were unable to subvert that media to their will.

Your last sentence I agree with completely, this wasn't true until social media entered the picture for public discourse.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
This characterises past events of simply being the Dems being too lazy or deciding to cede ground when this had nothing to do with whatever their choices are. Conservatives captured mainstream media, and hold a significant portion to varying degrees today, which is not a problem which could be easily solved as the Dems just telling the media to knock it off. In order to overcome this social media had to become invented to counter conservatives on equal terms, since the GOP were unable to subvert that media to their will.

Your last sentence I agree with completely, this wasn't true until social media entered the picture for public discourse.
If my post came across that way, it was just my failure to communicate. I wasn't trying to say that it had to do with choices Dems made; I was saying it had to do with what resources the majority of Americans/voters had to obtain information on politics. I might have come across too flippant in the way I worded that. Regardless, I agree with everything you are saying.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
If my post came across that way, it was just my failure to communicate. I wasn't trying to say that it had to do with choices Dems made; I was saying it had to do with what resources the majority of Americans/voters had to obtain information on politics. I might have come across too flippant in the way I worded that. Regardless, I agree with everything you are saying.

That's fine, thanks for clearing it up.