• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
I ain't twist shit. That's what is going on. The same way Colin Kaepernick was "not good enough" to be controversial, Cortez is "not experienced enough" to be outspoken.

It's bullshit and I'm not having it.
Sorry, I thought you were point at some of us in this thread.

Not trying be negative about her, I just have an issue with people saying this unironically

Only AOC can really clean out the swamp.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Democratic politicians quoting a deranged, bigoted killer with extremist views aligned with incels and the far right, because retweets and likes mean future votes?

I mean, we are in Trump's America now.

It is well known you can only quote pop media if you 100% align with the fictional characters views.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017

Lmao alright this is good.

Will wait for this next quote lol.
th

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
That's too awesome!

Woah, look at Warren getting in on the fun too!

Last edited:

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I ain't twist shit. That's what is going on. The same way Colin Kaepernick was "not good enough" to be controversial, Cortez is "not experienced enough" to be outspoken.

It's bullshit and I'm not having it.

Kaep: Not good enough to win the Superbowl. Fact.
Kaep: Drummed out of the NFL after taking a knee after a rough season. Fact.

Kaep: Better than about half of the fully employed QBs in the league. Fact.
Kaep: Other QBs ASKING to have him added to their bench at least as a backup QB. Fact.
Kaep: Shit tier non-racist and probably even some racist team fans secretly hoping to be "burdened" with him.
Kaep: Shut out of his career about halfway through his potential by Trumped up racism.
Kaep: Personally targeted for hatred by the President of the United States directly interfering in private lives and business and his and our first ammendment rights.
Kaep: Still not wrong about crime stats.
Kaep: Would probably be on a major team if he even had short hair.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Arnold said terminator lines as governor, and he isn't even a murder robot from the future!

No one can be a robot assassin from the future.

Lots of people are racist, homophobic, sexist, ultranationalist rape apologists who derive the majority of their world view from far right wing news sources.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
No one can be a robot assassin from the future.

Lots of people are racist, homophobic, sexist, ultranationalist rape apologists who derive the majority of their world view from far right wing news sources.

Like I said earlier, this line is part of pop culture now, we aren't at the point of doing character studies of fictional characters to decide what quotes are politicalty correct to use or not.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
"Y'know, some nice straightforward brutality, after wading knee-deep in this conspiracy weirdness for so long...Hell, it'll be like coming home."-George W.Bush

Oct 27, 2017
Ehhh I love AOC but Rorshach's "You're in here with ME" line is meant to be a pathetic cry from a man whose delusions of grandeur have vastly inflated his own sense of self importance. It was never intended to seem badass. So this is kind of the opposite message of what she intends.

Unless she's using it to make fun of Poltico's dumb article which is entirely possible.

Maybe she saw the movie version (which I did). Based on the page posted, its context is completely different

Snake

Oct 25, 2017
Ehhh I love AOC but Rorshach's "You're in here with ME" line is meant to be a pathetic cry from a man whose delusions of grandeur have vastly inflated his own sense of self importance. It was never intended to seem badass. So this is kind of the opposite message of what she intends.

Unless she's using it to make fun of Poltico's dumb article which is entirely possible.

Her tweet is a joking reference, not something meant to convey the deeper context of the source material.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017

To me it seems like she's intentionally making it cringey for that reason.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Rorschach supposed to be a libertarian psycho?

Gold is a very safe investment. And it's a good hedge against inflation. Further, if people become very very sick, rich people with gold can simply pay to help them with charity from their gold reserves. There's nothing psycho about that.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The Arnie saying Terminator lines is actually way more cringey in that regard and suggests a double standard to me - not by you, but by how we as consumers view these things. She's simply demonstrating a normal range of pop culture knowledge and using it in a way any one of us might in a light hearted fashion. She's only being called out because it's not what we expect.

We need to stop comparing it with what some crooked cadaverous Kentucky senator would do and just get used to the fact that our elected leaders should look and sound like us. And I'm not @ing you - I'm actually just coming to terms with this myself, because I'm from the pragmatic use of existing systems school of what elected leaders should be doing.

Pelosi is the old guard and doing exactly that -- in the the way I want, but it's crazy to keep expecting our leaders to look like us, but act like them - a redundant vestige of 200 years of stagnant assumptions and norms that the other side is abusing harder than Uncle Bad-Touch at a Pinata party.