• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

DwpOCVnU8AEbeHP.jpg:large

Okay, I'm ready for the Democrat Watchmen memes.

xnipx

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Young progrsssive candidate wants to implement a TRUE progressive agenda that she was ELECTED to do.

Democrats: STOP BEING SO PROGRESSIVE. HOW WILL I AFFORD MY KIDS TUITION WITHOUT LOBBYISTS

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017
I'm really disconcerted by the fact that people are building a Cult of Personality for a new politician with zero experience who just happens to be saying a bunch of stuff that they agree with, but has no history of being able to deliver on what they're saying. Who else does that remind me of?

I like Ocasio-Cortez and I like her message(s), but some of you need to calm down.

Why do you feel this way and not more for the fact that everyone keeps trying to attack AOC is she is having fun responding to it?

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Dem loyalists: I'm disturbed by how popular she is without any political experience backing it up

Also loyalists: Why were typical Dem voters so unenergized in 2016?

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
Dem loyalists: I'm disturbed by how popular she is without any political experience backing it up

Also loyalists: Why were typical Dem voters so unenergized in 2016?
I said this in the other thread but

"We suffered an embarrassing loss in 2016 and don't know why. Anyway, let's attack the public face of our 2018 resurgence."

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
Also, let's take a moment to appreciate the fact that AOC is quite possibly the only person who could take a quote from Rorschach of all characters and turn it into something not awful and gross like most of the weird people who usually parrot the character.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If it gets the nerds to go out and vote, why not quote random comic books. Why not.

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not to be that guy, but

Y'all seriously need an OT at this point. By like April, we'll be making AOC had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch threads.

Basically.

I find it hilarious that someone with a Goku avatar is telling people to make an OT to keep all the threads. Like gtfoh with that. Dragon Ball was running rampant for how long throughout both Etc and Video games?? Get over it, if you don't like it read something else and let us have some hope.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The first Democratic politician since Obama to become internet memetic (in a positive way) and y'all want to pigeonhole her into a single thread.

What the hell is wrong with you people, have you learned nothing from 2016? You need to win over voter hearts as well as minds.

Oct 25, 2017
I find it hilarious that someone with a Goku avatar is telling people to make an OT to keep all the threads. Like gtfoh with that. Dragon Ball was running rampant for how long throughout both Etc and Video games?? Get over it, if you don't like it read something else and let us have some hope.
Any response I have to this is more expletives than actual words.

Oct 25, 2017

Did you miss out on the Beto going to the dentist thread yesterday?
Gives the people hope apparently.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"Wow people caring about a politician other than Trump. Better tell them to shut up and calm down. That'll surely help us in 2020."

Absolutely delusional.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People in the other thread were saying Politico was being full of shit, but isn't this proving their point lol?

She needs to own this, I think. The Democrats know politics is a popularity contest and she's more popular than any of them. She can enact real change within the party if she holds her ground and they're going to have to step in line behind her eventually. Whether they like it or not, she's the future.

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gives the people hope apparently.

If you're so keen on agreeing with this Trump comparison then let's talk about that

I'm really disconcerted by the fact that people are building a Cult of Personality for a new politician with zero experience who just happens to be saying a bunch of stuff that they agree with, but has no history of being able to deliver on what they're saying. Who else does that remind me of?

I like Ocasio-Cortez and I like her message(s), but some of you need to calm down.

Yeah I can understand being wary about a politician over promising, but if you're going to be comparing to her trump then don't stop at overpromising because that's disingenuous as fuck.

Trump also energized and empowered a massive base of racists and white supremacists. So why isn't the possibility of AOC empowering and energizing people to champion causes ever brought up?

This is why it's bullshit to tell people not to hope, because even if she does nothing we have already seen that just being a prominent figure in politics has the ability to energize a base of supporters to champion their causes. And it just so happens that the causes she fights for are positive things for minorities like myself and fighting for a better future.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
It's been hilarious and sad watching all of those white people stumbling on themselves to criticize and whine about AOC and her supporters. And unfortunately it hasn't just been GOP types. Take it slow, they say, get some experience (one which we approve of) before you talk, they say...

Nah, fuck that. The Democrats tried your way of being Republican-lite for long enough. Time for you to move outta the way.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
People got the idea into their heads that because Trump skipped the "normal" political process, doing so is inherently bad, and what you actually want to do is the opposite of Trump and just depress your base again with more status quo politics no one bothers showing up at the booth for. #Resist

Trump's problem is that he's a racist and a fascist, not that he's popular. Most politicians could only dream of being as stupidly popular as he is. Obama tapped into the same energy in 2008, but people don't count that because he was an Experienced Politician™. Well have fun waiting for another Obama to show up. Maybe you can lend your support to Beto, apparently he's going to make the Obama play in 2020.

Oct 25, 2017
If you're so keen on agreeing with this Trump comparison then let's talk about that

Yeah I can understand being wary about a politician over promising, but if you're going to be comparing to her trump then don't stop at overpromising because that's disingenuous as fuck.

Trump also energized and empowered a massive base of racists and white supremacists. So why isn't the possibility of AOC empowering and energizing people to champion causes ever brought up?

This is why it's bullshit to tell people not to hope, because even if she does nothing we have already seen that just being a prominent figure in politics has the ability to energize a base of supporters to champion their causes. And it just so happens that the causes she fights for are positive things for minorities like myself and fighting for a better future.
Nah, I rather post another Dragon Ball thread since that's my entire personality according to you.

Oct 28, 2017
If she were able to run today, she would steamroll any competition in the Primaries.

And she would walk over Trump in a national election.

If Pelosi were smart, she'd make her the face of the Dem Party. They haven't had anyone to take that mantle since Barack Obama.

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, I rather post another Dragon Ball thread since that's my entire personality according to you.

I'm sorry did I say that anywhere? Or did I say it was hilarious that someone with a dragon ball avi was complaining about too many threads on something? Get over this perceived slight to yourself and grow up.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
If she were able to run today, she would steamroll any competition in the Primaries.

And she would walk over Trump in a national election.

If Pelosi were smart, she'd make her the face of the Dem Party. They haven't had anyone to take that mantle since Barack Obama.
This is a bit hyperbolic given that she's only been in office two weeks and "since Obama" has only been what, two years and a couple months? You speak like its been decades since the Dems had some who had presence.

The tweet is gold regardless of who its aimed at and really is a good perspective on the kind of impact she could have if she stays true to herself and isnt chewed up by the machine.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
People are finally passionate about a politician and the Dems are like, naw do it this way. Fuck off. She needs to keep being herself. The establishment has had an us vs them mentality for too long. Anyone who isn't fighting for the people needs to get knocked the fuck down regardless of party.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
We have a large voter apathy problem in this country, especially among young people and we have a rep that people are getting genuinely excited about. Now you have people tripping over each other telling others not to get excited. Fucking perfect.