• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
He isn't? Probably didn't want to be associated with some terrible Hollywood bastardization that ironically ended up being pretty much exactly what he wrote verbatim as if the actors were handed the comic instead of a script with the words "story boards" stamped on them.

That and all sorts of bad blood with DC over Watchmen as well.

Dynamite Cop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I like her a lot and she says a lot of truth with added humor, but she should pump the brakes a bit. She's gonna slip up at this rate and there are people just sitting around waiting for that moment, as seen by the desperate attempts to make an issue out of her dancing and a fake nude selfie.

Oct 27, 2017

giphy.gif

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i like her but she needs to dial it back. she's starting to feel more like a meme than someone to take seriously. the emoji put it over the top i think.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
i like her but she needs to dial it back. she's starting to feel more like a meme than someone to take seriously. the emoji put it over the top i think.

She doesn't "need" to do anything lol, she's scaring the appropriate people. Nice tone policing though.

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
She doesn't "need" to do anything lol, she's scaring the appropriate people. Nice tone policing though.

jesus, you sound like a teenager defending a celebrity you're obsessed with. that was the lightest criticism imaginable and you're talking about tone policing. get outta here with this overly combative shit.

Woolley

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I like her a lot and she says a lot of truth with added humor, but she should pump the brakes a bit. She's gonna slip up at this rate and there are people just sitting around waiting for that moment, as seen by the desperate attempts to make an issue out of her dancing and a fake nude selfie.
Going by those examples they are going to do and say shit no matter what so why be passive to their fuckery?

It hasn't worked in the past and isn't going to work now.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
User banned (2 weeks): inflammatory accusation and hostility towards another member + history of similar infractions
jesus, you sound like a teenager defending a celebrity you're obsessed with. that was the lightest criticism imaginable and you're talking about tone policing. get outta here with this overly combative shit.

It wasn't even criticism, it was literally telling a WOC to "behave" because it makes you uncomfortable.

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You probably meant well but that is what you did. Just let her do her thing man.

I'm glad there hasn't been any fake nerd shit yet though.

she's a politician. i said that i find this a little immature, because it kind of is. assuming that it was some sort of dog whistle or tone policing because of her gender or race is bullshit. i don't want to derail or anything, but i'm not just going to let someone accuse me of being trash for no reason without saying anything.

Oct 27, 2017
she's a politician. i said that i find this a little immature, because it kind of is. assuming that it was some sort of dog whistle or tone policing because of her gender or race is bullshit. i don't want to derail or anything, but i'm not just going to let someone accuse me of being trash for no reason without saying anything.

Nobody accused you of being trash, chill. I mean I don't act like I'm being called a monster when my fiancé calls out my mansplaining. Same difference.

mario_O

Nov 15, 2017
Jesus christ, it's a joke. Get over yourself. You are desperate for criticism.

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Jesus christ, it's a joke. Get over yourself. You are desperate for criticism.

did you reply to the wrong post or something? what joke? i stated a very tame opinion (that was shared by several other people before me in the thread), and the person said i was "tone policing" and that i was uncomfortable because she was a WOC. this place is so bizarre sometimes.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
Ehhh I love AOC but Rorshach's "You're in here with ME" line is meant to be a pathetic cry from a man whose delusions of grandeur have vastly inflated his own sense of self importance. It was never intended to seem badass. So this is kind of the opposite message of what she intends.

heheheh this got me good

he basically accused me of disliking her because of race, which would make me trash
insightful post. the poster did none of those things, but your reaction is illuminating.

Last edited:

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
she doesn't have to do anything but continuing to be herself. stop it. I don't know how you don't get that trying to police someone's social media behavior comes off poorly.

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
she doesn't have to do anything but continuing to be herself. stop it. I don't know how you don't get that trying to police someone's social media behavior comes off poorly.

you know that she is a politician and not some random celebrity, right? that's how i'm viewing her, as a politican. just because we've had to deal with trump for 2 ryears doesn't mean it's wrong to still have some standards about what we want from these people. there's no reason to assume i'm the enemy. nothing i said was rooted in any kind of prejudice or dishonesty. it was not a veiled statement. i've been liking her as much as anyone, i just think she got a little carried away here. i am not bad. you don't have to be mad about my statement. it's okay.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018

Being herself will kill her career before it starts. When you're at work would you be ok with someone doing this to their colleagues that it impacts productivity? What many of you don't get is that she has a job with new expectations now, and if she's not careful there will be bad consequences for doing this as a professional politician. She needs these people to vote for her bills, and to get into leadership positions. How is she supposed to help her cause by not doing this? She's not in Donald Trump's position in the Democratic party.

edit: This isn't about her beliefs, it's about being being a member of a political organisation. I doubt she's be fine doing this kind of shit to Jenk at TYT/Justice Democrats, or her employees.

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Love her but I do hope she bakes in Congress for a bit longer than Obama to understand the legislative process before running for President after her first term. That said I would still vote for her against any republican.

the_wart

Oct 25, 2017
Lol at this level of scrutiny of a throwaway tweet that was clearly tounge-in-cheek. And I'm one of those tut-tuting centrists!

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
but what if she tweeted about how much she loves Spirited Away
She's going to quote Jo Jo and do an actual pose.

you know that she is a politician and not some random celebrity, right? that's how i'm viewing her, as a politican. just because we've had to deal with trump for 2 ryears doesn't mean it's wrong to still have some standards about what we want from these people. there's no reason to assume i'm the enemy. nothing i said was rooted in any kind of prejudice or dishonesty. it was not a veiled statement. i've been liking her as much as anyone, i just think she got a little carried away here. i am not bad. you don't have to be mad about my statement. it's okay.
this too, especially in context with your previous posting.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
What bullshit. She's also a person. And hasn't said or done anything to warrant your reaction, that's the point. You are definitely overreacting too. She can't control how people react to her. And no one is fawning over her as some sort of celebrity. It's her as a person. You are expecting a robot.

Being herself will kill her career before it starts. When you're at work would you be ok with someone doing this to their colleagues that it impacts productivity? What many of you don't get is that she has a job with new expectations now, and if she's not careful there will be bad consequences for doing this as a professional politician. She needs these people to vote for her bills, and to get into leadership positions. How is she supposed to help her cause by not doing this? She's not in Donald Trump's position in the Democratic party.

edit: This isn't about her beliefs, it's about being being a member of a political organisation. I doubt she's be fine doing this kind of shit to Jenk at TYT/Justice Democrats, or her employees.
LOL who says she isn't doing any of that? She's way more pragmatic than people think. It wasn't AOC who voted against Pelosi as House Speaker. Lord almighty hahahaa. And really, she's more the future of the party then many of those stodgy career types you're talking about.

Chindogg

Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI
AOC is the first of many millennial politicians rising in the ranks, which will scare old people.

Sure there's some cult of personality, but the reason why everyone rallies around her is because she's unabashedly different.

John McCain used to tell people to fuck off in the Senate and they closed the postal service in memorial of his death. Let her rock a bit.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
LOL who says she isn't doing any of that? Because of a tweet? Lord almighty hahahaa. And she's more the future of the party then many of those stodgy career types you're talking about.

That's part of it, as well as threatening to primary candidates she does not like.

Can't have a future in leadership when you're frozen out of leadership. It's the conservative side of the party who have a bigger hold on leadership circles then the progressives. The progressives are barely organised.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What bullshit. She's also a person. And hasn't said or done anything to warrant your reaction, that's the point. You are definitely overreacting too. She can't control how people react to her.

LOL who says she isn't doing any of that? Because of a tweet? Lord almighty hahahaa. And she's more the future of the party then many of those stodgy career types you're talking about.

if you think that my tiny post about her is unreasonable and worth criticism, then i'm pretty sure i'm not the one overreacting. like, damn, re-read this entire conversation and honestly tell me who was in the wrong here. disagree with me about it, that's fine. but the conclusions that poster reached based on that post were crazy.

i understand that right now we are all skeptical of people's intentions when they say something regarding the current things happening in our country, but if you can't take THAT level of criticism against a politician without assuming the worst, then you're not really going to be able to handle any serious discussions going forward.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
That's part of it, as well as threatening to primary candidates she does not like.

Can't have a future in leadership when you're frozen out of leadership. It's the conservative side of the party who have a bigger hold on leadership circles then the progressives. The progressives are barely organised.
Nothing wrong with pushing the party leftward, at all. Or primarying shitty house members. Again, she's much closer to the future (and current) direction of the party and there's a reason why AOC has resonated and it's not because of comic book quotes. If it's a battle of establishment versus insurgancy, she will win out in the end. Because that's the future.