• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
I don't care about this game but still seeing these tired and overblown reactions to this stuff all the time is so exhausting.

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Obviously not what the majority of ERA want but the idea of a survival horror Aliens game is fascinating. I don't really see mobiles as a good space for survival horror games. Are there any others out there to try out to get a better idea?
I've played a couple decent games developed for mobile that try to be like traditional survival horror experiences.

Lost Within

Forgotten Memories

So you can create genuine survival horror on mobile.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
But there is a trailer.

However, I hope the devs aren't harassed and that the game is quality for what it is.

Lol, I'm an idiot, thanks for the correction.
Didn't see a link in the OP or the article so I assumed this was a low-key announcement to avoid a massive outrage.

And yeah, I hope the devs won't get too much shit thrown at them over this.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
I don't care about this game but still seeing these tired and overblown reactions to this stuff all the time is so exhausting.

18346.jpg

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
Never played a mobile game, I don't know anyone that play's a mobile game.
My phone can't even play decent games, what kind of money do you need to put down for one that can?

These are part of the issues why I don't play mobile games because to get to the point of trying it out will likely cost a lot, next to a subpar experience on a small screen when I have my gaming pc and consoles at my disposal.

Oh well.

Spacecowboy

Oct 27, 2017
Oh god why

Seriously though, how is this a good idea? I can't imagine playing an immersive horror game on such a small screen

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Lol, I'm an idiot, thanks for the correction.
Didn't see a link in the OP or the article so I assumed this was a low-key announcement to avoid a massive outrage.

And yeah, I hope the devs won't get too much shit thrown at them over this.
For what it's worth, I only found it because I had a hunch that the Google Play Store might have more media than the article and official site, and it turned out the store page sure did.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.D3Go.mendel

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017

What's funny is that for an enthusiast forum, the attitude against mobile is incredibly uneducated and narrow-minded.

This place is supposed to be a space where people are informed about the medium (just like a dedicated movie or music website).

The blindside this place has for quality mobile gaming is really something else.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Pics look good but I've zero desire to play a survival horror game on my phone so all I can say is do it right and good luck.

enkaisu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
Official Staff Communication
That's enough mobile-whining, please. Let this thread serve as news for people actually interested in the game's release. Thank you.
I don't get this. Why try to force a positive reaction or discussion? If people want to genuinely discuss the game they're just as free to do so in this very thread, nothing is stopping them. If people want to complain or vent their disappointment about it being a mobile game that's just as valid. *shrug*

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't get this. Why try to force a positive reaction or discussion? If people want to genuinely discuss the game they're just as free to do so in this very thread, nothing is stopping them. If people want to complain or vent their disappointment about it being a mobile game that's just as valid. *shrug*
Whining that a game is a mobile game is no different to whining that a game is Switch or a DS exclusive, and that kind of talk would get smacked down in most respectable forums. Just because there's a current trend in gaming culture where hating mobile games in an extremely childish way is hip doesn't change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.