• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Red Devil

Oct 29, 2017
The premise sounds like something on the line with GO series (Hitman GO, Deus Ex GO). I'm interested in this!

Antsa

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
$5 no IAP!?

uu9pmDP.gif

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
So how is the actual gampleay?
Is it just Five Nights at Freddys? Or is there more to it than that?
Are there any good videos showing the gameplay?

I've got Google reward credit and tempted by ÂŁ4.99

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So how is the actual gampleay?
Is it just Five Nights at Freddys? Or is there more to it than that?
Are there any good videos showing the gameplay?

I've got Google reward credit and tempted by ÂŁ4.99
You might find this useful:

The main concern I've seen floating around is length. The first few missions aren't very long. No idea on how long it takes to complete the game, or how good the replay value is, though.

It's essentially a hybrid of FNAF and the 1985 Alien game where you guided NPCs around the ship to keep them safe from the Alien.

I notice that Ripley directly references Sevastopol Station in dialogue. I kinda feel sorry for the developers because Alien fans like to forget that Alien: Isolation isn't even officially canon. Alien games have always had to dance around what is canon and what isn't canon. Alien: Blackout's relationship to Isolation is not unlike Isolation's relationship to Alien. Maybe it's canon. Maybe it's not. Maybe it doesn't matter.

Last edited:

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
I notice that Ripley directly references Sevastopol Station in dialogue. I kinda feel sorry for the developers because Alien fans like to forget that Alien: Isolation isn't even officially canon. Alien games have always had to dance around what is canon and what isn't canon. Alien: Blackout's relationship to Isolation is not unlike Isolation's relationship to Alien. Maybe it's canon. Maybe it's not. Maybe it doesn't matter.

There're Official Canon list
After Prometheus Movies Fox reboot AVP EU universe start with Out of Shadow novel and everything after that is canon.
Yeah,David isn't xenomorph creators and Predators part of alien universe.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There're Official Canon list
After Prometheus Movies Fox reboot AVP EU universe start with Out of Shadow novel and everything after that is canon.
Yeah,David isn't xenomorph creators and Predators part of alien universe.
Fox themselves don't have an official canon list as far as I can tell. It's all assumed. Fan created lists based on which entries get referred to by movies considered canon based on... further assumption. There's a few meta universe manuals Fox have released but they're dicey. People assume that if a Fox approved Alien film mentions the existence of something, it's canon.

As far as I know, the only canon Alien game is Colonial Marines. That was 100% canon. On record by Fox as being the approved sequel to Aliens. Everything else is totally up in the air.
As expected, piss poor Freddy cash grab.
What do you mean by "piss poor"? Also, don't you think it resembles the 1985 Alien game more than FNAF? A huge bulk of the gameplay is commanding NPCs to move around. Run, hide, take certain paths, and that sort of thing.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Fox themselves don't have an official canon list as far as I can tell. It's all assumed. Fan created lists based on which entries get referred to by movies considered canon based on... further assumption. There's a few meta universe manuals Fox have released but they're dicey. People assume that if a Fox approved Alien film mentions the existence of something, it's canon.

As far as I know, the only canon Alien game is Colonial Marines. That was 100% canon. On record by Fox as being the approved sequel to Aliens. Everything else is totally up in the air.

As far as I can tell Fox themselves have an official canon list.
They release weyland yutani report book that reference a lot EU that release since 2014 (no mention Colonial Marines event)

many writer said fox told them to rewrite some part of novels/comics that could be contradict covenant.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017

The main concern I've seen floating around is length. The first few missions aren't very long. No idea on how long it takes to complete the game, or how good the replay value is, though.

It's essentially a hybrid of FNAF and the 1985 Alien game where you guided NPCs around the ship to keep them safe from the Alien.

Watching that video I think I can safely say the gameplay isn't for me.
I'd hoped for something more Xcom and less FNAF

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
For $5 I don't mind giving this a chance, or if its not too long

The recent comics reference Isolation and Sevastopol even. Resistance came out yesterday and continues Isolation and Defiance story lines merging them into a follow up for Amanda

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone grab this yet? I can't buy it right now because apparently my device (Canadian Pixel 2) isn't compatible.

Emailed the devs about this, hopefully they respond soon.

EDIT: tried again a few hours after writing this post and was able to purchase!

Last edited:

Valdega

Banned
Sep 7, 2018
I mean, I like it as a mobile game, I will probably buy it since it looks really cool. But I'm also afraid this could bury the chance of a true sequel :'(

The underwhelming sales of Isolation buried the chance of a true sequel. Sadly, stealth horror games don't have broad enough appeal to justify AAA budgets.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
The underwhelming sales of Isolation buried the chance of a true sequel. Sadly, stealth horror games don't have broad enough appeal to justify AAA budgets.

Yeah I know, but I still have hope it could happen eventually. I guess this game selling well could only be a good thing after all, right?