• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
As part of the ongoing "Read-Play-Watch" promotion. There's also a comic series starting 1/23 that continues Amanda Ripley's story, titled Alien: Resistance

Blackout seems to be a mix of Duskers' "command console perspective" + FNAF's protect-yourself structure. I like how it seems like you can command each individual crew member.

App Store ($4.99 preorder): https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/alien-blackout/id1401510106?mt=8

The terror of Alien is brought to life in Alien: Blackout. Try to stay alive while trapped aboard a crippled Weyland-Yutani space station carrying a deadly Xenomorph as it tirelessly hunts you and the crew. Outsmart the perfect hunter by making perilous choices. Players must rely on the damaged controls of the space station or risk sacrificing crew members to avoid deadly contact, permanently altering the outcome of the game.

Survive seven fear-inducing levels by remotely guiding Amanda Ripley's crew through increasingly challenging tasks using only the station's emergency systems. The uncertainty and unpredictability of both the alien and her crew can impose total defeat for Amanda and the entire station.

SURVIVE OR DIE
Using only the space station's limited power supply to operate a holographic map, surveillance cameras, and motion tracker, attempt to remain hidden and protect your crew from the perfect hunter in seven fear-inducing levels.

A NEW CHAPTER IN THE ALIEN FRANCHISE
A new chapter in the Alien franchise following the saga of Amanda Ripley, Ellen Ripley's daughter, between the films Alien and Aliens.

FIRST CLASS ALIEN MOBILE EXPERIENCE
An immersive and captivating Alien experience, perfectly designed for mobile gaming, bringing the Alien story to life.

ENCOUNTER FEAR AGAIN AND AGAIN
Every decision can lead to a different conclusion. Players can test different strategies and theories to outlast the Xenomorph in pursuit of victory!

alien-blackout-5.jpg

alien-blackout-3.jpg

alien-blackout-2.jpg

Last edited:

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
So this is the team that made Marvel Puzzle Quest? Did they also make the original Puzzle Quest? Because that game was GREAT.

OP
OP
More_Badass

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
The atmosphere seems to be on point
I'm getting a Hitman GO/Lara Croft GO vibe. In that the atmosphere and style seems faithful and a clever use of familiar iconography, while being a smart distillation of Isolation's tenets into a design that suits mobile. Stealth, tense use of tech, avoiding/outsmarting the xenomorph, authentic atmosphere, but as a stealth puzzler rather than trying to cram a first person horror game onto mobile

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Not saying it's a FNAF clone but the gameplay seems a lot like it...

Also the engine seems to be the same one as Isolation which is a good thing imo.

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
From the description It could be great, but the GaaS schemes could break even the best of designs.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
So they made FNAF with Aliens and way better graphics for my phone.... I'll have to try that if its not too expensive.

starsleep3

Oct 25, 2017
Just before the Game Awards some people on here were talking about a possible new Alien game - is this it?
I am not trolling, I just cannot recall what some here were discussing.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
It's a 50/50 on whether I'll actually play this or be a coward and watch it on YouTube.

So this is the team that made Marvel Puzzle Quest? Did they also make the original Puzzle Quest? Because that game was GREAT.

D3Go seems to just be the publisher, MPQ was made by Demiurge who are making Sega Heroes right now. This is made by Rival Studios.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
FNAF x Alien sounds like a fun game. I think this sort of game fits the platform choice fine, and traditional controls would hinder its potential.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Reminds me of that old C64 Alien game where you directed the crew of the Nostromo around.

hqdefault.jpg

The stuff from FNAF is ehh though.

the7egend

Mar 6, 2018
As much flack as mobile gaming gets lately, especially a game like Diablo Immortal, I've been enjoying it while sitting around watching TV or when I just don't feel like sitting my computer to play a game or just don't have the effort to put into a full fledged console game. Plus these new phones are just stupid powerful gpu/cpu wise, so they feel and look good. (I have an XS Max).

Alien: Isolation is one of my favorite horror games, so I'm looking forward to this one, seems to have the atmosphere nailed.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
So they highlight this as "play" part of this promotion. We know Resistance is the "read" part. Wonder what the "watch" part is going to be.

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
You know what would be really cool to experiment with on a game like this? Voice controls. Imagine literally taking to the crew to tell them where to go. "Jones, get to the med bay. Stop! Get in that locker!"

Would have fit well I think.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hell yeah, I'm into this. Hoping for tactile puzzles like in The Room series. A bit of stealth and/or time pressure could make first-person puzzle games interesting.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
So they highlight this as "play" part of this promotion. We know Resistance is the "read" part. Wonder what the "watch" part is going to be.
I'm curious about this as well.

I thought it was possible that we'd have to wait until April, the month of Alien Day, to get the releases of what's been teased around New Year, but this game is releasing imminently it seems.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
It's... a mobile game... huh. Hopefully they bring it console eventually, that's about the only way I'm playing it.

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
If it turns out good I'm in. I'm in the market for an Ipad Pro 12.9 and this could be a nice showcase for it.

Oct 25, 2017
The game actually sounds kind of neat so I'll give it a shot, but hopefully I can double dip on console eventually if it ends up being good!

Civilstrife

Oct 27, 2017
In.

$6.99 CAD in the iOS App Store. Just got an iPhone X. Yeah, let's see what this thing can do.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I predict many bans in this thread. ;)

Such a shame we won't be getting Alien Isolation 2 (at least not yet).

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
The Switch is definitely capable of running this game. Plus the mobile nature of that console would make such a good place for port.

I am watching a walkthrough Alien Isolation at present (coincidentally) and this game looks almost identical to that (which seems logical).

Overall, this game is a nope from me but definitely ought to make the larger fanbase who have access to smartphones and tablets really excited.

Adam802

Banned
Feb 12, 2018
Well i'm certainly disappointed BUT at least this isn't Cold Iron Studio's Alien game thats still being made for consoles. So there's still that to look forward to.

Dinskugga

Nov 6, 2017
Its up for preorder on App Store for 5,59 dollar. the trailer on app store looks quite good.