• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
The only announcement I cared about, and it's a game I've played three times already.

Unexpected, but very welcome.

Jun 18, 2018
A:I deserves a second wind. If you didn't play it first time around and you can stomach the horror then it is a must have title.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
That's cool. Hopefully not a $60 title. I've been meaning to play this for a while.

MrT-Tar

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Never got round to playing it first time, so I might be down for the Switch port

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That's cool. Hopefully it won't be pared back too much. It never really ran well on consoles to begin with.

digitalsea

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
wijftu9b4ko01.gif

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
I have the unplayed Steam version waiting for me.

... ... fuck it I'll await the Switch version

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully the price is reasonable. I swear this game has been on sale for ÂŁ10 or less on PS4/XBO. No more than ÂŁ20, pls.

GrazGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Quietly optimistic but the lighting is going to definitely suffer and that's the atmosphere of the game right there

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Never played the DLC. At the right price may pick this up, would like to revisit it. It felt too long, but the setting was wonderful to explore.

Yasamuu

Oct 28, 2017
Probably one of the most underrated titles of this generation. Probably won't pick it up on switch, but this has totally got me reinstalling on my PS4.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
That's cool. Hopefully it won't be pared back too much. It never really ran well on consoles to begin with.

Well, it was cross-gen, so I'm sure they can have something that looks good and runs well on Switch. It ran on PS3 and 360, after all.

This is a FPS right?

Wait this isn't a shooter?

Not a shooter. It's first person survival horror with stealth and exploration.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
If you've never played it it's absolutely worth it. One of the BEST gaming experiences I've ever had. Be sure to wear headphones!

edit: here's my review of this game from the old site:

I'm 37 years old, I've seen just about every notable Horror movie and played nearly every notable horror/survival horror game. Alien: Isolation makes me act like a scared child. I have to keep telling myself that this is a videogame-and that it's ok if I "Fail" or "get killed" in the game-but It's such an immersive experience, that I'm feeling the terror that the character I control is feeling. There are sequences in this game, where I know I have to move and go to a certain objective, but I just sit there, afraid to move-knowing the risks involved.

The tension in this game is nearly UNBEARABLE. Obviously we'd be getting into spoilers to discuss specifics-but there is a certain sequence late in the game

Reactor/Nest

where I had lost, and had to revert to a previous save. I turned the game off for the night, and the next play session I was actually nervous to continue playing. When I finished that sequence, my heart was literally pounding-I could feel my blood thumping in my head with my headphones in-which brings up another point: you HAVE to use headphones when you play this game. The sound design is off the fucking charts-easiy the best I've ever encountered in a game.

The Creative Assembly have made a masterpiece, and it blows me away when I review their wikipedia page and see that this title is completely different than what they've made before.

qrac

Nov 13, 2017
Nice!! I tried playing this years ago on a gaming laptop but the game just crashed because of a memory issue. Will get for the switch.