• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was shocked when I saw it on the sizzle reel. Such a fantastic game, definitely gonna pick it up.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
This is a really fantastic game. I seriously cannot handle horror titles but I pushed through most of this still. It is just so well done.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Despite liking this announcement (more Isolation is always good news), it's a shame that the series won't probably see a project of this ambition for a very long, long time. Foxnext Games is in control of the franchise for the foreseeable future, and their efforts until now have been disappointing.

You've had five years to play this gem, but really, if you haven't yet for whatever reason, do it on Switch or wherever you can. Such an special, unusual AAA game. It's not perfect by any measure, yet that only adds to its charms, and reinforces its peculiar place in modern gaming.

Oct 26, 2017
Man, I don't know if I can play the game again without the unpredictable alien mod. Ah what the hell. Portable Alien Isolation, Triple dipping

Oct 27, 2017
So does this mean Sega still holds the Alien license? I hope there's a chance we might still get a sequel. One of the best horror games this gen, and probably the best sound design I've ever heard in any game.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was such an unexpected announcement. I wonder why they chose to port it over (not that I am complaining).

Space Hunter

Feb 12, 2018
Such a sweet (if unexpected) announcement! Watched a let's play of this at launch and I've been wanting to play it for ages. Amazing horror game, maybe best of the current gen. To anyone trying it for the first time on the Switch: you won't be disappointed.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
I really loved this game and feel like it didn't get the support it deserved. May double dip just for that.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
Fantastic game that should have been half the length.

I wonder if they will disable the depth of field effect, it seemed weird you could disable that on PC considering the gameplay ramifications.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic game that should have been half the length.

I wonder if they will disable the depth of field effect, it seemed weird you could disable that on PC considering the gameplay ramifications.
I hope we can disable the film grain filter. On PC it was possible but i don't know if you could do it on consoles.

Oct 26, 2017
FYI, Feral Interactive is doing the port. They also are doing Grid Autosport on Switch. This makes sense, since I think they did a Total War port on mobile (Rome was it?).

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Incredible game with one of the best & most atmospheric flashback sequences ever - people who have played it know what I'm talking about.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
According to Nintendo Life, the game will include both gyro aiming and HD rumble support. Since they don't actually provide a source in the article though, take it with a grain of salt for now.

tomd96

Jul 6, 2018
I loved the game but part of that was due to playing it sat very close to a relatively large TV (2-3 feet from a 42-inch screen) in the dark with headphones on. So immersive! I can't imagine it being as effective in portable mode, but I'm happy that the option will be there for anyone who does want to play it that way.

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
Horror games on handhelds are not really a great way to play them IMO. To each their own, I suppose.

Though I don't think I want to play A:I any other way than in VR since playing it that way last year.

TheSyldat

Banned
Nov 4, 2018
This was such an unexpected announcement. I wonder why they chose to port it over (not that I am complaining).
Feral Interactive were already the ones that did the Linux and Mac OS port and given the switch is mostly BSD based (running on an ARM processor sure but that doesn't change much of anything really ) it was a pretty straight forward affair to perform using the Linux port as a jumping point . So it was a no brainer for both Sega , Creative Assembly and Feral Interactive here .
One more chance to make some dow on that title for Sega , Creative Assembly get more eyes on them on platforms they are not present on most of the time , and Feral interactive ? Well one more easy port to add to the list .

When you see that logo popping up on your Switch then it's because they ported it over to Linux previously and porting it to the switch was a fairly easy jump to make
Feral_interactiveLogo_.jpg

Last edited:

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
I thought everyone hated that game? Why is it being loved all of a sudden?
The only hate I've seen for the game was from that one review that seemed to have been playing it by running around like an idiot and complaining they kept getting caught.

Other than that this game is pretty well loved.

HanSoloCup

Oct 27, 2017
Richmond, VA
I already peed my pants once, now I'll be able to do it on a plane or bus.

Joking aside, this was a fantastic game, and I'm constantly surprised at what they are able to get running on the Switch.

IamFlying

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 6, 2019
I loved the game but part of that was due to playing it sat very close to a relatively large TV (2-3 feet from a 42-inch screen) in the dark with headphones on. So immersive! I can't imagine it being as effective in portable mode, but I'm happy that the option will be there for anyone who does want to play it that way.

Actually horror games are more immersive playing in handheld mode with headphones. What you, having the screen right in front of you, was almost like that.