• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
This game and its atmosphere is even fuckin better than I remember. Good God.

This game is even better the second time and I played it on PC with perfect fps when it came out.

This game is such a dream come true. A fantasy game.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Good fucking God I knew this game was awesome before and that the sound design was great, but why don't I remember it being THIS ridiculous??

I just stood still in 1 spot for like 2 mins at the beginning of Medical and

the sounds. kept. fucking. changing.

I love it so much when games give us exceptional soundscapes like Dead Space, Black Mesa, and Doom 3. This is how it's done.

You fill every inch of virtual space with sound, you fill it with LOVE!!!

This isn't even the part I was talking about either.

Playing this game on hard is tense as fuck. I don't even wanna know what the hardest mode is like.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I actually was disappointed by this in the end during my original playthrough but the journey is sometimes more important than the destination.

What's a good spot to show this game off to people? I might get it and at least get to the
Medical section? Somewhere later? Somewhere earlier maybe, during its first introductory cutscene? I think I will want to skip the pre-Alien stuff and the non-Alien combat areas, really.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Don't tease me night! How much time and trouble shooting are we talking?

The gist of it is you trigger the Switch to go into like a recovery mode or something like that and then you let it load a file that allows you to run other stuff. It should be easy to look up, and probably the trickiest part will be triggering the recovery mode. So I dunno, an hour to read up on it and maybe 10 to 20 min to actually do it?

The Switch version just received a patch. Any word on whether the input lag has been addressed?

Darknight
Hugare

That patch is old and it doesn't address the issue unfortunately.

Discokuningas

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
The gist of it is you trigger the Switch to go into like a recovery mode or something like that and then you let it load a file that allows you to run other stuff. It should be easy to look up, and probably the trickiest part will be triggering the recovery mode. So I dunno, an hour to read up on it and maybe 10 to 20 min to actually do it?

That patch is old and it doesn't address the issue unfortunately.

Old patch? It just patched for me. How is it old?

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
Old patch? It just patched for me. How is it old?
There was a patch that came like a day or two after release. I grabbed that but when I try to check now it says I'm up to date. So I'm assuming you're just now noticing that patch. It didn't tell you when launching before. I had to check for that one so maybe it's now notifying people when they launch.

Discokuningas

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
There was a patch that came like a day or two after release. I grabbed that but when I try to check now it says I'm up to date. So I'm assuming you're just now noticing that patch. It didn't tell you when launching before. I had to check for that one so maybe it's now notifying people when they launch.

I have played it every day so it should have patched automatically. My version is 1.1.1_46760

Discokuningas

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
About Input lag.

I don't think the input lag is a problem for most players. Not to me at least. But i would like a fix for the dead zone. I can play it like this but it would be better with smaller dead zone.

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
About Input lag.

I don't think the input lag is a problem for most players. Not to me at least. But i would like a fix for the dead zone. I can play it like this but it would be better with smaller dead zone.

It's probably the dead zone that is really the culprit and less so of the input lag. It's just makes you start moving long after you physically have moved the analog stick which makes it feel like it's input delay.

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
I just e-mailed their support commenting on their reply and suggesting the difference in the dead zone compared to the PS4 is probably what's giving the impression of worse input lag and suggested it should be fixable without compromising on the screen tearing and should also be an easy fix. Hopefully they respond. I suggest others do it too so they're more aware people want the dead zone fixed.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Started playing this for the first time last night on PC. Installed MotherVR, been giving that a go.

Not exactly spooky so far, but I'm also barely into the game I think? I just got to

the moment when you're in a vent and watch one of the robots kill someone by smashing them into the wall.

The few encounters with the xenomorph have been a little tense though. Hopefully there are more of those soon.

ika

Oct 27, 2017
MAD, Spain
Could somebody please explain me about that "dead zone" issue everyone is talking about ? I'm currently playing (medical area) and I didn't notice anything wrong with the game. I completed the PS4 versiĂłn years ago. Thank you !

Discokuningas

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
Could somebody please explain me about that "dead zone" issue everyone is talking about ? I'm currently playing (medical area) and I didn't notice anything wrong with the game. I completed the PS4 versiĂłn years ago. Thank you !

Well I don't think it is a big issue at all. I haven't played any other versions so I don't know if it is a thing in those. There is a dead zone before the movement begins in analog stick. I would prefer it would be smaller but truth be told I don't really realise it's there when playing if I don't think about it. There have been some people who have problems with this or input lag or both. And I can see the dead zone thing. And some imput lag which doesn't seem anything out of ordinary to me though. But I think the dead zone could be better and the real culprit here for most people.

ika

Oct 27, 2017
MAD, Spain
Well I don't think it is a big issue at all. I haven't played any other versions so I don't know if it is a thing in those. There is a dead zone before the movement begins in analog stick. I would prefer it would be smaller but truth be told I don't really realise it's there when playing if I don't think about it. There have been some people who have problems with this or input lag or both. And I can see the dead zone thing. And some imput lag which doesn't seem anything out of ordinary to me though. But I think the dead zone could be better and the real culprit here for most people.
Oh, ok... I understand... Thank you for the explanation! ^_^

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017

Honestly, if you don't know what it is and you can't see it, you're just better off not knowing because for some once you see it it's hard to go back. So read on at your own risk.

But if you have to know, the dead zone is the amount of area the analog stick can move without triggering any movement. In general, giving a bit of a dead zone is nice so that the second you touch it, it doesn't twitch in any direction which would make it too sensitive. However, here, if you compare it to the PS4 version, the dead zone is larger on the Switch which in turn means you can start pushing the right analog stick to look around and in your brain you know you've moved, but the movement is taking longer to move because it has to travel through that dead zone before it starts to move.

This is probably why people consider it input lag because the amount of time it takes for you to go through the dead zone is enough of a delay before you see anything move on screen by the time you exit that dead zone. If you're moving quickly or changing directions from going say left then back to right, that dead zone will really make it appear laggy because for a moment you'll still be going left when you're pressing right and it just feels off when doing basic moving around in the world. For me, it was hard to get any precision which comes in to play later when you have to aim if it's not responding to how I feel it should be because of this.

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
They've declared that this input lag was due to triple buffering and that it was a choice they made, as they thought most people would notice the image quality but few would notice the input lag (and feedback they've had confirmed this apparently)

Edit : From Nintendo life

I think they can fix the dead zone though and that would alleviate the problem considerably.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
You did have your flare ready though.

Protip: in the Switch version always have the Medkit or Flare equipped. You can continue the motion look around while still being able to interact with the world. Have other items out and they'll hog up the entire screen, you can't interact with anything else, and pressing the button that activates the gyro look will put you in the mode to aim your weapon or throw your item.

So I like to have the flare equipped as I can still use the gyro look and not have this huge item take up the screen.

dean_rcg

Oct 27, 2017
I just started playing it for the first time, amazing atmosphere and great controls, looks great too! Already terrified :-)

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
It really is amazing what Creative Assembly was able to do with Isolation, it's such a fantastic game.
Getting to talk to the team on a frequent basis about this game and their work on Halo Wars 2 is awesome, they are all so passionate about the games they make; they're all working on a Sci-fi FPS which has been teased a few times now.

Unfortunately, I haven't played A:I yet... or ever, because I'm a giant scaredy cat. Technically I have played it, but some flames spewed from a vent along with loud noise and I screamed and turned my PC off... maybe one day.

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey, I just got this game. Is normal still challenging? The description says so but I'm slightly above average in skill however the IGN review said hard mode was far too hard.

I'm trying to pick a difficulty.

Merry Christmas all.

Shin Kojima

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, I just got this game. Is normal still challenging? The description says so but I'm slightly above average in skill however the IGN review said hard mode was far too hard.

Merry Christmas all.
I thought the highest difficulty where your motion sensor isn't broken was quite nice.

wombleac

Nov 8, 2017

Merry Christmas all.
Played and beat on hard and had no regrets. Amazing experience and the world is stunning.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Has the input lag been fixed. I archived it because the game gave me motion sickness and is unplayable for me in that state. I received an email from nintendo asking for feedback and told them the input lag.

It's shocking that digital foundry did a video on this game and didn't mention the lag at all

GrayFoxBH

Nov 1, 2017
if you have a softmodded Switch you can restore all the graphical settings and enable motion blur and SSAO (notably missing in comparison to PS4 and Xbox One versions). It's really amazing!