• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HommePomme

Oct 30, 2017
Really wanna play this, PC is probably still the best option though right? Doesn't really seem like the kinda game that would be as fun on the go vs a dark living room

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
DF would have absolutely brought up input lag if it were a significant issue. John played a bunch of different versions of the game while doing research.
As I've said before, I've played the game many times before. And I'm playing it right bow on the PS4 to make comparisons.
To me, it's a serious issue.

If thats not the case to John or other people, lucky them. But since its bothering me, I think that it would be cool to warn others anyway.

There was one guy that also complained about it on the DF thread, so thats that.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Really wanna play this, PC is probably still the best option though right? Doesn't really seem like the kinda game that would be as fun on the go vs a dark living room

Yeah, this isn't really a game you want to pick on your daily commute, but sitting in a dark room with headphones? I still think the game could draw you in, even with the smaller screen.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As I've said before, I've played the game many times before. And I'm playing it right bow on the PS4 to make comparisons.
To me, it's a serious issue.

If thats not the case to John or other people, lucky them. But since its bothering me, I think that it would be cool to warn others anyway.

There was one guy that also complained about it on the DF thread, so thats that.
Sounds like it's not a significant issue then. Certainly not "barely playable" for most at least. Good info to have though. Interested in more impressions.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
So happy to see this game get another shit at success. It's probably the most atmospheric game of this generation, maybe ever. It's middling success is a total crime. But at least the years have only gotten kinder to its reputation overall. I'm still convinced that it coming out so soon after Colonial Marines kneecapped its sales potential, and that total garbage IGN review.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
DF would have absolutely brought up input lag if it were a significant issue. John played a bunch of different versions of the game while doing research.

It's definitely there. I also agree that it's borderline unplayable for me. Something felt off the second I tried it and I did some investigating this morning compared to the PS4 version and at least one thing that's different is there is a larger dead zone on the Switch so that it doesn't start to move as quickly as it does on the PS4. I'm usually not one who complains about input lag since I usually can easily adjust, but this stood out to me. I'm really surprised it hasn't been mentioned. I mentioned it immediately in the DF thread.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's definitely there. I also agree that it's borderline unplayable for me. Something felt off the second I tried it and I did some investigating this morning compared to the PS4 version and at least one thing that's different is there is a larger dead zone on the Switch so that it doesn't start to move as quickly as it does on the PS4. I'm usually not one who complains about input lag since I usually can easily adjust, but this stood out to me. I'm really surprised it hasn't been mentioned. I mentioned it immediately in the DF thread.
It wasn't mentioned in the DF analysis or any review, which leads me to believe it won't be an issue for most. I played around with it for a bit this evening and the controls seemed solid. That being said, I never played the original game, so I'm not doubting that there have been control changes.

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't mentioned in the DF analysis or any review, which leads me to believe it won't be an issue for most. I played around with it for a bit this evening and the controls seemed solid. That being said, I never played the original game, so I'm not doubting that there have been control changes.

I'm legitimately surprised DF didn't mention it. It's bad enough that I really would have expected it to be mentioned. I was surprised it wasn't after I started playing. Again, I'm not usually picky about this and I'm stressing this to point out it stands out quite a bit compared to playing other FPS games. I'm hoping it actually gets more attention so we could potentially get it patched.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm legitimately surprised DF didn't mention it. It's bad enough that I really would have expected it to be mentioned. I was surprised it wasn't after I started playing. Again, I'm not usually picky about this and I'm stressing this to point out it stands out quite a bit compared to playing other FPS games. I'm hoping it actually gets more attention so we could potentially get it patched.
You should tweet the dev (Feral Interactive), because different control options would be nice. Or someone should, at least. I don't have any expectations with the original versions or I'd do it.

halcali

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Hong Kong SAR
I'd recommend it! Isolation is definitely a horror game but scare wise, noting subjectivity and all that, it isn't too bad. You're a much more effective character than what you see in a lot of other FPS horror games, becoming more and more capable as the game goes on, so it's not just 15 hours of darting from closet to closet while avoiding the Alien.

The Alien-specific references are incredible as well; if you have reverence for the original film this is something you should highly consider playing.

Well, thanks to the sound design, it's incredibly scary/intense for sensitive-types like myself.
I can hardly get through the prologue. lol

SirBaron

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah there's certainly a strangeness to the camera control that isn't in the other versions, certainly seems like input lag.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
Here, watch this video and watch how his right thumb moves the pad and how slow the screen is to react to it:

Yeah, the dead zone thing is very annoying

But since the game is slow paced, it's very much playable. But its such a shame, because it would be the definitive edition to me otherwise.

I'm 3 hours in, and the game is still a masterpiece. It looks and sounds amazing. Performance is rock solid so far.

I can't recomend enough disabling film grain. It's a disservice to the art in display here.

Please buy this game, people

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the dead zone thing is very annoying

But since the game is slow paced, it's very much playable. But its such a shame, because it would be the definitive edition to me otherwise.

I'm 3 hours in, and the game is still a masterpiece. It looks and sounds amazing. Performance is rock solid so far.

I can't recomend enough disabling film grain. It's a disservice to the art in display here.

Please buy this game, people

I feel like it'll feel less playable once you're dealing with the Alien more and trying to not get killed by it. That and when you have to fight the androids. I really hope this gets more attention though because this should be an easy to solve problem and it pains me a bit that it's an annoying issue with an otherwise great looking port.

wallmeat

Oct 28, 2017
Payday has arrived, so I bought this this morning. Downloading right now but I won't get to play it until after work. Torn between playing on TV and laying on the couch and going handheld. I guess I can try both.

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
I'd really like to try this when it releases at a discount. It seems like it's supposed to be a great game, I'd love to play it.

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
It has some of the best image quality of any game I have played in portable.

But the input lag, deadzone, whatever you want to call it, really needs to be improved. It is quite distracting.

Nov 7, 2017
This is one of the greatest games ever made and I'll buy it for third time to show my support for bringing experiences like this to the switch.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Started the game yesterday and played a bit. I can't get it out of my mind now. The atmosphere they created is fantastic and I haven't even come across enemies yet. It's creepy as hell. Man I love space station horror games. There are so few of them but the gameplay options and creepiness makes for a perfect setting.

Phife Dawg

Oct 27, 2017
So, game is quite the technical feat but I encountered a save bug I think? I saved before cranking the generator and now when I load the save I can't crank it and the electricity is still out...do I have to start all over?

Phife Dawg

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, once you loaded the last save you can load an older one but mine somehow was at the same save station...I loaded the mission save, didn't lose too much progress but still annoying.
Anyways still a great game and the port is indeed fantastic.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
I remember hearing a lot od praise for the game back in the day. Looking forward to play it on the switch now. OT is great

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Was gonna buy but I'm glad I read this thread first because the game is quite expensive for an old release. DF should have mentioned this

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
Was gonna buy but I'm glad I read this thread first because the game is quite expensive for an old release. DF should have mentioned this

It's not that bad. I would expect the base game to be like $20 but this also includes all the DLC, so maybe $30 might be more reasonable but $35 isn't that far off from that. It still lists for $40 for the base game on the PC and $50 for all the complete package.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Can't wait to get this, perfect for a long night flight (headphones in the dark...)

Switch mod scene is getting crazy, there's already a 60fps/enhanced setting mod out for this

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
It's not that bad. I would expect the base game to be like $20 but this also includes all the DLC, so maybe $30 might be more reasonable but $35 isn't that far off from that. It still lists for $40 for the base game on the PC and $50 for all the complete package.
I bought it and I'm playing it now. The input lag is very bad. I hope it gets patched quickly