Aliens: Colonial Marines AI fixed by a single letter

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I had friends at TimeGate who worked on this. It was a bit of a disaster. I remember a bunch of them holding their tongues when my other Aliens loving friend was bringing the receipts.

Oct 25, 2017
It's not that I don't understand why it happened, it's that I can't believe such a crucial and egregious element completely slipped under everyone's noses
Yeah I get ya

Quality assurance is an interesting process and prioritises game breaking bugs, I guess the fact this issue didn't fully break the game it didn't get too much qa attention

So grim

Oct 25, 2017
That's cool. I can't fathom how bad QA must be to let this slide permanently, but it's cool.

I also picked this up for like $3 at some point in the past figuring I might get at least a good hour out of it. With these fan updates that might actually not work out too bad.

Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
Jim Sterling is gonna have a blast talking about this.

This is worse than that PS4 Tetris that chugged out and went to minus 10fps because you had too many friends.

Nov 2, 2017
It's amazing how this wasn't caught. AI for some reason no behaving as expected, but they probably couldn't figure out why in time and said fuck it.

Oct 27, 2017
this is why i'll never be a programmer,i'm not "tidy" enough to avoid shit like this

is there any video that shows the difference for people that don't have the game?

Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering how it was possible for QA not to notice the AI behaving oddly, or the AI team not being able to debug this seemingly easy-to-fix issue.

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
How the hell did they never pick this up. Patches released for the game right? Did they just never include that? I don't understand how you can just miss this.