• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
how did the motherfuckers who made this shit, and made the AI, and expected it to run a certain way

how did they just not...follow up and look and say "something isn't right"

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I am still never going to play this game, but I'd be curious to see a comparison video of the different behavior.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I had friends at TimeGate who worked on this. It was a bit of a disaster. I remember a bunch of them holding their tongues when my other Aliens loving friend was bringing the receipts.

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not that I don't understand why it happened, it's that I can't believe such a crucial and egregious element completely slipped under everyone's noses
Yeah I get ya

Quality assurance is an interesting process and prioritises game breaking bugs, I guess the fact this issue didn't fully break the game it didn't get too much qa attention

So grim

Oct 25, 2017
That's cool. I can't fathom how bad QA must be to let this slide permanently, but it's cool.

I also picked this up for like $3 at some point in the past figuring I might get at least a good hour out of it. With these fan updates that might actually not work out too bad.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
In defense of the programmers... they probably looked through the whole code and thought it couldn't be something so stupid.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
6Qfs8p6.gif

ONEE8Mt.gif

3gHQfsc.gif

0tXXtYh.gif

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
Jim Sterling is gonna have a blast talking about this.

This is worse than that PS4 Tetris that chugged out and went to minus 10fps because you had too many friends.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It's amazing how this wasn't caught. AI for some reason no behaving as expected, but they probably couldn't figure out why in time and said fuck it.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
this is why i'll never be a programmer,i'm not "tidy" enough to avoid shit like this

is there any video that shows the difference for people that don't have the game?

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
That's really interesting. So many .ini files do I have change in Duke Nukem Forever to make that better?

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering how it was possible for QA not to notice the AI behaving oddly, or the AI team not being able to debug this seemingly easy-to-fix issue.