1. Kraken3dfx

Kraken3dfx
    Member OP

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/aliens-colonial-marines-collection

So people genuinely hated A:CM when it came out, and for good reasons, it was a huge downgrade from the initial showing, both graphically and from a game play perspective.

Enter TemplarGFX's ACM Overhaul, a huge mod that touches basically every aspect of the game, from graphics to alien/enemy human movement in-game, re-balancing and improving on a ton of the negative aspects of the game.

Is it a great game with the mod? Probably not, but it makes a huge difference with how the game looks and plays, and I recommend checking it out if you own the game for sure, or if you're a big Alien fan, the $2.80 deal comes with all of the DLC (Bughunt was a lot of fun even before the mod).

Here's some game play with the mod installed that I found on Youtube if anyone is interested as well.

2. Blade Wolf

Blade Wolf

The ''hear me out'' cracks me up.

3. Bhonar

Bhonar

Randy Pitchford is that you

4. Sephzilla

Sephzilla

5. shaneo632

shaneo632

6. Squanchy

Squanchy

I am one of the very few that enjoyed the game. Yes, it was a bit of a wreck but the story was just big dumb fun. I stayed for the multiplayer as it was actually really well done. I had to stop playing though due to low player counts. I have never heard of this mod but am now curious to check it out.

7. Respawn

Respawn

You have a heart of gold op. Dont let em take it from ya.

8. Kaiser Swayze

Kaiser Swayze

I read OP's post as if being shouted over an angry rabble.

9. atomsk

atomsk

Randy doesn't get a single dime from me.

Fuck em

10. Thrill_house

Thrill_house

Same here. Nah, sorry I refuse to give even 2 cents for this lol

11. Dukie85

Dukie85

This made me chuckle way more than it should have, lol

12. Violence Jack

Violence Jack

[​IMG]

Nah. I'm good trying to forget my worst gaming experience from the last decade.

13. bangai-o

bangai-o

While new copies of Alien Infestation are approaching 100 dollars.

[​IMG]

14. Blade Wolf

Blade Wolf

To be fair I haven't actually played this game, I just find the ''wait hear me out!'' in the title funny since it says a lot about the game, or at least its reputation.

15. saenima

saenima

I've played through it.

It's still too much.

16. Mona

Mona

nice try pitchford

17. Mondy

Mondy
    Banned Member

I wouldn't play it if Randy Pitchford paid ME

18. Kraken3dfx

Kraken3dfx
    Member OP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Gestault

Gestault

This is a 10/10 thread title, btw. I saw the sale come up on my Twitter feed, and I've been considering it. Thanks for the recommendation on the mod.

20. Maybe for free.

Actually no, not even then.

21. Svart

Svart

Shove off Randy.

22. Cooking

Cooking

Even with that mod, I gave up pretty quickly in coop with a friend. Game is just bad.

23. Killyoh

Killyoh

I'm reading the comments on the moddb page and apparently the game was shipped with broken AI due to one or two typos in the .ini file ? That's hilarious.

24. NealMcCauley

NealMcCauley

One of the only games that ever gave me a migraine due to its visuals. Even the mod video makes my eyes hurt.

25. MMarston

MMarston

[​IMG]

26. Kraken3dfx

Kraken3dfx
    Member OP

What if I throw in a free card trick tho

27. Freakzilla

Freakzilla
    Banned Member

I haven't played it, but how could any FPS be THAT bad that 3 dollars is too much?

28. Schlorgan

Schlorgan

Perfect gif

29. Elandyll

Elandyll

I'm happy I paid $9.99 !

For the statue.

Which happened to come with a game
    :)

30. SaberVS7

SaberVS7

If you have to say "Hear me out" to sell someone on a game, you've probably already lost.

NEVER FORGETTI that this game siphoned PSO2's localization budget.

31. Absoludacrous

Absoludacrous

How much is your time worth?

Though I beat the game on PS3, so I really shouldn't talk.

Other than to say don't buy this game.

32. John Rabbit

John Rabbit

The game is absolutely terrible, regardless of its graphics.

33. KarmaCow

KarmaCow

At that point it's more about the time investment than the monetary cost. Why bend over backwards to pick out the undigested corn out of a pile of shit when there are thousands of other games, much less better things to do in the world?

34. [​IMG]

Give money to Randy Pitchford? Fool's errand.

35. Kapten

Kapten

I legit had to Youtube the Spaceballs easter egg in Colonial Marines because I thought this gif was it.

Turns out I was wrong.

Jaysis.

36. eso76

eso76

Hello, my baby!
    Hello, my honey!
    Hello, my ragtime gal!
    Send me a kiss by wire.
    Baby, my heart's on fire!

Seriously, how can this be not worth 3$. You guys lack a sense of humour

37. scitek

scitek

I'm not a huge fan of the game or anything, but I always see this gif used as a way of showing the game's bad AI. What most people wouldn't know is the aliens in this section of the game are blind, and the entire point is to sneak past them. The way they move looks dumb as hell, though.

EDIT: Does this mod disable the auto-aim in the game? That alone made it practically unplayable for me.

38. Buzzman

Buzzman

Great thread OP! I feel that this game has gotten a bad rap undeservedly. It's still a totally decent and serviceable action game like Spec Ops or Bulletstorm.
    It's atleast a hell of a lot better than Alien Isolation where guns are fucking useless and the entire game is just you hiding. Real exciting there.

39. Kinda liked the game. Granted I've got 2 copies of the game for 5 Euros so i could play the game with a friend, also used sweetfx and removed the HUD which really helped to improve the immersion.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

40. Thank you for this.

The arthritic alien is and will always be the best thing to come out of this game.

41. tuxfool

tuxfool

Wrong.

42. fiendcode

fiendcode

Make sure you get the Wii U version. It’s the best one.

43. GibdoInferno

GibdoInferno

The end boss of Aliens Colonial Marines is a perfect microcosm of the whole experience.

Colonial Marines has a working, usable power loader introduced in a sequence midway through the game. The final boss is the alien queen, and you kill her by forcing her out the airlock of a ship that's leaving the atmosphere. It's obvious that they had planned to recreate the ending of Aliens, but... You don't actually fight the queen with the power loader! You just run past her and hit a few buttons on the wall! It's the most anticlimactic thing I've ever seen in a game.

44. AfropunkNyc

AfropunkNyc

I actually enjoyed this game, believe it or not.

45. MP!

MP!

hahaha PERFECT

The only time I felt like I dodged a bullet when a wii U version was cancelled. ... it's still painful though.

46. Scotia

Scotia

I remember being so hyped for this game when I saw it in a gaming magazine. When it finally came out, every review said it was awful in every aspect and that no one should buy it. I didn't believe them and bought the game anyway because I'd waited so long for it. This game is still hands down the most disappointed I've ever been in a game in my life. No mod can save this train-wreck.

47. sir_crocodile

sir_crocodile

there was DLC to become one of the ignored Q&A testers?

48. Paul

Paul

I liked Colonial Marines.

Yeah.

I mean, it is not amazing, but....it is Aliens! And I love Aliens. And after all the patches, highres texture pack, added graphical effects it looked and played good when I played it.

49. BernardoOne

BernardoOne

Wait for it to be in a Humble Bundle so you can make it so 100% of the money goes to charity instead, and then make a donation to the modder that actually fixed the game.

50. Here's the thing.

I would buy it

If it cost 50% more.