• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gifmaker

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This thread has me in stitches. Please keep the gifs coming, people. Also, I am more inclined than ever to get this game now when it's on sale. I think it will be hilarious – too bad they cancelled the Wii U version, lol.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
no

giphy.gif
637.gif

God I love this game (not to play though).

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia

gfxtwin

Use of alt account
Oct 28, 2017
This thread reminded me to pick up a copy of Alien Isolation, thnx OP

Mog

Oct 28, 2017
This game was/is the gaming equivelant of waterboarding. The only thing that possibly makes it even worse is the DLC and the absolutely ridiculous plot. Sure buy this game for historical purposes but add that DLC to your purchase and you are literally out of excuses. I tried the mod a while back and while it does everything it can considering the circumstances, the game is beyond fixing with mods imo.

hoserx

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
I went into a wal mart a few years ago and found 10 copies of the PC version, marked $1. I bought them all and gave them to friends as gag gifts.

Wiped

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I have that people equate money with whether you should buy a game.

I'd rather spend £50 on a game I will love even if it is short than £3 on a bad game, even if it's long.

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LMFAO

What? You thought Alien Isolation was an action game?

Putting Randy's garbage, which was a product of a scam btw, over a proper competent game like Alien Isolation is honestly one of the most hilarious takes I've read in quite a while, thank you.

Wow.

I mean, I could argue that Minesweeper is a bad World of Warcraft clone to achieve a similar result.
LOL I don't know how much you guys know about the Aliens franchise but action/killing xenomorphs are pretty big parts of it. It's not like you can just shove "hiding" and "running away" into an ALIENS game and have fans of the franchise be okay with that. Any true Aliens fan won't want to buy any sequel to Isolation after being screwed over like that.

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
LOL I don't know how much you guys know about the Aliens franchise but action/killing xenomorphs are pretty big parts of it. It's not like you can just shove "hiding" and "running away" into an ALIENS game and have fans of the franchise be okay with that. Any true Aliens fan won't want to buy any sequel to Isolation after being screwed over like that.
It's more of an Alien (the first movie) game though.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just get an AppStore game instead. Plenty of good developers(that aren't extorting via free to play) that could use the money instead.

glaurung

Oct 26, 2017
Estonia

Fair enough. Do bear in mind that the first Alien movie was simply slasher horror in disguise. An impossibly strong enemy picks off other characters one by one. The only saviors are generally either luck or deus ex machina. As such, Alien Isolation was a superb survival horror game. The guns in that game exist for the purposes of not being used.

Alex

Oct 27, 2017
NEVER FORGETTI that this game siphoned PSO2's localization budget.

Is that true?

I am still pining for that game, I love PSO, I really enjoyed what I played of PSO2 on the Japanese servers but I wouldn't wanna spend money on it unless it was localized.

Such a shame how it all went down.

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty fun if you play it co-op with some friends, we definitely had a laugh. Otherwise it's still shite.

Razor Mom

Jan 2, 2018
United Kingdom
How is no one getting this joke

Deleted member 274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you have to say "Hear me out" to sell someone on a game, you've probably already lost.

NEVER FORGETTI that this game siphoned PSO2's localization budget.
And let's also never forget the fact that our boy Randy deviated that budget into the development of Borderlands 2 and Duke Nukem Forever lol

Deleted member 274

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let me guess, Creative Assembly shot themselves in the foot (by releasing the best piece of media the franchise has seen in the last 25 years)?

Last edited:

Raptomex

Oct 25, 2017
The ACM mod is okay but it doesn't salvage everything. It kept freezing on me when using with the DLC. It froze on me a few times throughout the base game, too, but at least I could finish it.

RounD

Oct 29, 2017
To my shame, I have something like 50 hours sunk in to the game on Steam alone and most of that time was spent fiddling with mods like this that acted like a butterfly bandage over a broken leg. When I consider the time spent on the console versions, I have to be at 100 hour mark in total and I hated every miserable fucking second.

Whaaaaat! Are you okay?

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
I actually got it for like £1 at a CEX store to play with my brother.

It's not the worst game i've ever played but it's pretty bad.

Thing is that there's moments where it's kind of cool, mainly the bits were you and the other characters are walking around areas and streets and watching for beeps on the motion tracker as everything's getting more intense. And it's genuinelly neat to see all the environments and stuff from the film.

There was also one cool level, can't remember in great detail, were you get chased by a "charger" or something and it was a pretty fun bit.

But the AI is dreadful and the Alien animation is shocking. The screen tearing especially is absolutely insane. Add to that gameplay is just about "playable". The final boss isn't worth thinking about and that we never got anything close to the gameplay demo is unforgivable.

Anyway if you have a sibling or a friend willing to play at least it's absolutely worth $2.80. Anything Co-Op is really.

You may not believe me but that's actually a genuinelly good level in the game. The Aliens are blind and you have to sneak past them without making a noise.

Last edited:

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think this game is the record holder for how quick a game can drop in price. I've never seen anything like it. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

With that said, I probably paid $5-$7 for it years ago. Haven't played it lol

Vaelic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/aliens-colonial-marines-collection

So people genuinely hated A:CM when it came out, and for good reasons, it was a huge downgrade from the initial showing, both graphically and from a game play perspective.

Enter TemplarGFX's ACM Overhaul, a huge mod that touches basically every aspect of the game, from graphics to alien/enemy human movement in-game, re-balancing and improving on a ton of the negative aspects of the game.

Is it a great game with the mod? Probably not, but it makes a huge difference with how the game looks and plays, and I recommend checking it out if you own the game for sure, or if you're a big Alien fan, the $2.80 deal comes with all of the DLC (Bughunt was a lot of fun even before the mod).

Here's some game play with the mod installed that I found on Youtube if anyone is interested as well.
sure. why not

Baron Von Beans

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
O genuinely liked the OG PS3 version...I only played the campaign once, on the harder difficulty present, and i had plenty of fun with it. Aliens crawled in walls and ceilings, came at me from all sides, clipped through aforementioned a walls and ceilings. Good times were had by all. It wasn't the prettiest, but i could look past its outer layer to the glitchy but fun game.

The co op was a blast though, hands down. As was the vs mp. Those modes really were the star of the show.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I had fun with the game for 4 hours, but then I reached a section where there was a room with a turret I think where I couldn't find the exit.

I got bored and dropped the game for good

It was a 2 dollars gift from a friend so I actually had a positive impression of the game, even though is an incredible pretty low bar that I'm reviewing it

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
You gotta be more observant like my friend Saoshyant here.

If I was the CEO of the company I wouldn't have spelled the product name wrong :P. Or used an unauthorized shot of the actual candy bar, or forgotten the registered trademark ®. Lol.

It was merely a play on "Randy Pitchford is that you?" from earlier in the thread.

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damnit without fully reading the title I thought this thread was about Alien Isolation at first a game I have yet to play but would surely shoot myself for missing at the low low price of $2.95...then in my split second realization that this wasn't the case I thought AVP remaster? But no...it had to be this fucking train wreck lol

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
I'll never buy another Gearbox game after the dishonesty about Aliens: CM which I bought for $60 at launch in a pre order. It wasn't so much they lied about the game but the worst part was Pitchford never admitting he lied and defending the trash.

Deleted member 28461

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It's not about the money, it's about the time. With so many other games out there, including good Alien games, there's no reason for anyone to waste a single hour of their life on this trash.

Ramala

Oct 28, 2017
Santa Monica, LA
The thing most people don't realize is that a majority of development wasn't even Gearbox. It was farmed to a studio called TimeGate. I think Gearbox just produced. So given that I don't think Randy *could* legally fess up to gamers or risk Sega coming after them.