• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
news.xbox.com

Aliens: Fireteam Elite Available December 14 with Xbox Game Pass - Xbox Wire

Coming December 14, alongside the new Season 2: Point Defense update, the standard edition of Aliens: Fireteam Elite will be available with Xbox Game Pass on both Xbox and Windows 10! This also means cross play will be available between all Xbox and PC players who install via the Microsoft Store...
Was waiting on a sale, guess GPU really works out in the end lol.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Nice. Generation Zero earlier today and now this. This is also very good for the game. Playerbase wise

May 17, 2018
Good move on their part. Game could have been better, but, it's decent enough and could probably use a player base injection.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
This type of game is exactly the sweet spot for third party launches, for me. I'm sure I'll really enjoy it with friends but don't have enough interest to buy it outright.

Tigerfish419

Oct 28, 2021
Wow today is turning out to be a big day for some Xbox news, wanted to play this but didn't want to enough to actually put down the cash.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Perfect for Game Pass. Absolutely a game I want to play with friends and this makes it easy for us all.

I bought it at launch but ended up refunding it because the matchmaking was broken and didn't yet get round to buying it again. Winner!

Edit: AND CROSSPLAY BETWEEN PC AND XBOX NOW. That's massive! Wasn't in before.

This also means cross play will be available between all Xbox and PC players who install via the Microsoft Store version of the game.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Amazing. the game looks pretty god so I was disappointed that it didn't launch on Game Pass. My friends and I will have a blast with this.

Nov 14, 2017
Is it weird I immediately thought of Vinny from Nextlander when I saw this? Only because he was talking about it about being a game he might try to play with his brothers.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Glad I didn't buy it at launch, but also definitely going to be jumping on. I would have grabbed it already, but there's no way the people I'll be playing with would have bought it on its own.

Anyone recall off-hand if there's cross-play between console and PC?

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Fantastic. I wanted to check this out just to see what the Prometheus elements are in the game - I assume this is as "Prometheus" a licensed Aliens game will ever get - but didn't suspect that that particular corner of the mythology was significant enough in the larger picture for me to be compelled to spend money on. I'll spend my time and engagement to play Fireteam Elite with my Game Pass sub.

If there ever is a meaningful Engineer story update or Prometheus crew cosmetics added to the game down the road, I can see myself spending money on it further than Game Pass.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
With everything coming to Xbox and Game Pass by the end of December, the Series X or S are going to be one hell of a Christmas gift.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm already on the ledge, so close to getting a series s. I'm gonna do something real stupid soon, I know itšŸ˜©

Last edited:

data

Oct 25, 2017
Neato, was looking for the next coop game after b4b sort of died with no updates

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Perfect for Game Pass. Absolutely a game I want to play with friends and this makes it easy for us all.

I bought it at launch but ended up refunding it because the matchmaking was broken and didn't yet get round to buying it again. Winner!

Edit: AND CROSSPLAY BETWEEN PC AND XBOX NOW. That's massive! Wasn't in before.
I think it's only crossplay between Xbox consoles and Windows Store/Game Pass versions of the game.

It's more than likely that they added Xbox Play Anywhere to the game hence crossplay but only between these two versions, just like what happened with Avengers

Zep

Jul 12, 2021
Friend of mine wanted me to buy this for $30 on steam just last weekā€¦heh.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's only crossplay between Xbox consoles and Windows Store/Game Pass versions of the game.

It's more than likely that they added Xbox Play Anywhere to the game hence crossplay but only between these two versions, just like what happened with Avengers

Yeah, that's definitely what's happened. Good enough for me!

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
imagine buying any 3rd party games anymore:

triple-h-disgusted.gif

Wesker

Aug 3, 2020
Really fun game, played the campaign in two-player coop and had a blast.

Definitely the better coop experience when compared to Back 4 Blood in my opinion.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
I originally bought it on PS5 and found it kinda disappointing since the game was great but I couldn't find anyone to play with, so this is awesome news.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, wish they released this a bit earlier. Going to continue to be knee deep in Halo for the next few weeks.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Point defense pic seems to indicate a new map is attached to said mode. Wonder if there is multiple maps? Also hope for more horde maps soon too