• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I've been sold on the film from the first trailer but every trailer since has done even better at selling this film. Seeing the latest trailer in the theaters has me convinced that this is going to be a visual and narrative treat, with awesome 3D. Knowing James Cameron had this as a passion project with Rodriguez, who I think is a great visual director, with all of Cameron's notes and probably surrounding it with much of the same technology, teams, and insight he's gained from making the Avatar films, I believe that this is going to be something special. The impressions seem to reaffirm what I suspected.

As soon as tickets go on sale, I'm getting that 3D IMAX ticket ASAP.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
It looks like a movie that was designed with 3D in mind. I'll check it out in theatres. I have a bit of nostalgia for the 90s anime, and I'm digging the weirdness of this.

less

Oct 25, 2017
This is one of those cases where I'm not going to believe the early buzz. I'll definitely watch it but I'm going in expected a slightly above bland film.

Oct 26, 2017
For those who've read the comics

How far into the story do you think this is going to go? It'd be weird to do Motorball without the Jashugan story, are they going to skip that and go for Zapan's rampage?

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I'm in for the action scenes (& others too).

Robert Rodriguez doing great job at it, in my opinion.

Dache

Oct 25, 2017
UK
For those who've read the comics

How far into the story do you think this is going to go? It'd be weird to do Motorball without the Jashugan story, are they going to skip that and go for Zapan's rampage?

I think (and I have no basis for this at all aside from what we've seen in trailers)
that we won't be getting Jasugan, and Motorball might be used as some way for Alita to make money for Yugo's trip, instead of Alita going ham on bounties

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I watched Broly yesterday and a tráiler of this played out before the movie. It was the first tráiler that I watched and I was kinda interested on it

Oct 26, 2017
I think (and I have no basis for this at all aside from what we've seen in trailers)
that we won't be getting Jasugan, and Motorball might be used as some way for Alita to make money for Yugo's trip, instead of Alita going ham on bounties

That would make a lot of sense, especially with one of the scenes in the trailer which seemed to diverge from the comics.

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017
I think that's a good guess. And it still leaves the other narrative open.for the future.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Looking better and better. Leave it to Cameron to take a realistic spin on the base elevator. Who else but him would even think about that?

Oh and another rave: