• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I saw some posters around here a few weeks ago and it's being localized as "Battle Angel: La última guerrera" (Battle Angel: The last warrior.) They couldn't be bothered to leave the word "Alita" anywhere in the name. Ugh.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I saw some posters around here a few weeks ago and it's being localized as "Battle Angel: La última guerrera" (Battle Angel: The last warrior.) They couldn't be bothered to leave the word "Alita" anywhere in the name. Ugh.
"Alita" is a localization invention and was never part of the title, or even the main character's name, in the source material.

Eddie

Banned
Jun 3, 2018
Absolutely had no interest in this but those reactions are nice and if this leads to more immersive and interesting anime/manga adaptions I'm all about it

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
I have been effectively turned off of Robert Rodriguez movies for a long time, and have no knowledge of the source material.

But that third trailer got me interested. As in; might just do the first 3D movie watching I have done in a long time.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Might be the first good manga to live action adaptation? Man, Cameron just cant lose

shazrobot

Oct 28, 2017
No offense to this Chris Sylvia...but would they really say "Don't go see this garbage that's opening at my employers cinemas all over the country".

Maybe they have a good track record though as a critic.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
I really hope it's good. Gunnm was one of the first manga I read and fell in love with as a kid.

I know. But it's still the name most people know the series by.
Doubtful. She's known as Gally in the territories where the manga was most popular. Alita was always a dumb localized US name.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Right now it's tracking 14M if Cameron/Rodriguez pull this out of that and it becomes a hit....It will be quite amazing.

Lord Hypnos

Oct 31, 2017
UK
I so want this to be good, but I must keep my hype levels in check as I've been disappointed far too many times after reading early reactions.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
I probably would've enjoyed it regardless but glad it's on track to be an actually good movie maybe

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
The 3d praise is the interesting thing here (obviously it being good is swell too), I wonder how much of Cameron's Avatar 3d camera tech was iterated and improved upon for this. Been some time since I saw anything in 3d, this convinced me to see it in proper imax 3d week 1.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
The 3d praise is the interesting thing here (obviously it being good is swell too), I wonder how much of Cameron's Avatar 3d camera tech was iterated and improved upon for this. Been some time since I saw anything in 3d, this convinced me to see it in proper imax 3d week 1.

It's the first film in years that was shot in native 3D. Yeah, I'm curious how it improved.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm almost surprised. Maybe it will eek out a decent performance at the box office if the positive buzz continues.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If this actually does real good critically and financially, you best be ready for that anime adaptation barrage.

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017
Pleeeeeeease be good! I remember watching Battle Angel on VHS from my local video rental store (young people are like wtf is that). Read the manga afterwards, there is so much there for them to work with if this one goes well.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
This looks much more interesting than the other trailers have. I will see this for sure if reviews are good.