• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Wow, had no idea it was coming out next year. Thought it was still in development hell?
Who is the actress?

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Wow, what the fuck, I thought this movie was never going to get made. I remember back when it was announced, I was in high school. That was almost 15 years ago!

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Can't believe someone gave Robert Rodriguez $200 million for this. There's no way it isn't going to bomb. General public doesn't care about it, the title isn't very marketable and it's out in barely 6 months.

Happy to eat my words if I'm wrong, but I don't see this grossing over $300 million, probably quite a lot less.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I can't believe they stuck with that name. They should have just shortened it to Battle Angel or better yet just renamed it entirely. Even the original title would be an improvement.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't believe someone gave Robert Rodriguez $200 million for this. There's no way it isn't going to bomb. General public doesn't care about it, the title isn't very marketable and it's out in barely 6 months.

Happy to eat my words if I'm wrong, but I don't see this grossing over $300 million, probably quite a lot less.

They have a pretty great international ensemble cast.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
If there's one person I trust to make a big budget sci-fi film.

It's Robert Rodriguez.

giphy.gif

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Holy fuck at that $200 million budget! I would say that it's due to development hell, but Alita's arms look incredible.

To put it in perspective, Ghost in the Shell only had a $110 million budget.

Illest1

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Damn, why is everyone so cynical?

Beats getting the same old shit remakes and formulaic trash. Refreshing to see a studio gamble on something different.

I look forward to it. If it sucks, then just add it to the list of movies that sucked.. but at least it'll be different.

Trejo

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing against the guy but going from Cameron to Robert Rodriguez is a massive downgrade. On the other hand it's not like Cameron would have ever actually done this film what with him being obsessed with making Avatar sequels for the next hundred years.

My gut reaction right now is that they should've given it to Villaneuve but I'm gonna wait for the full trailer to form an opinion.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I just started a reread of Alita yesterday. Very nice, I can't wait. Maybe they can finally prove that anime/manga remakes aren't impossible to get right.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
None of who are significant box office draws. I just don't see it. Going to be interesting. Hope the trailer looks good.
Individually no, but the sum is greater than the parts. Obviuosly it reviewing well and good word of mouth will play a big role. Right now, let's just hope the trailer looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.