• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Joni

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I prefer it when CW stretches things across the entire season. I was not ready.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Well I'm all caught up for the finale next week.

Where are the characters at it right now? Spencer got his scholarship back, Darnell got his motivation to help the Crenshaw team again, Asher admitting that he used steroids and get suspended, Olivia still suffering from PTSD, Coop choosing to go with Layla instead of her dad, Jordan telling the pregnant girl's mom to help her, and Coach Baker potentially losing his job and his program getting investigated. Not sure what's going to happen next, this whole season has felt all over the place.

I just realised that the guy who plays Asher voices Cloud in the FF7 remake.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Just saw the finale. Felt very series finale-ish with everyone heading off. But damn, did not expect the stinger to be Spencer losing his arm.

OP
OP
Joni

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Oops, I missed that that was the season finale. But yeah, good finale to a good season.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Watching this now on Netflix (is there another thread?) and it's got great themes and messages for sure but so far it's hitting the limitations of being a CW show.
Friday Night Lights is also maybe my favorite show of all time though, so all of the football drama is really underwhelming in comparison.

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
This has been on US Netflix's Top 10 for 34 days compared to Legacies 12 days it makes sense why this show got renewed since it has a pretty big Netflix audience. The show is good so I'm happy to see this. Someone on Reddit kept track of the Top 10 in the US and their placements.

04y5Vb7.png

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This has been on US Netflix's Top 10 for 34 days compared to Legacies 12 days it makes sense why this show got renewed since it has a pretty big Netflix audience. The show is good so I'm happy to see this. Someone on Reddit kept track of the Top 10 in the US and their placements.

04y5Vb7.png
I'm glad it's doing well in the U.S.

Wish it was available on Canadian Netflix. Im not sure it's available anywhere for streaming over here.

OP
OP
Joni

Joni

Oct 27, 2017

04y5Vb7.png
It makes perfect sense, there is a big amount of young black Americans that have very little entertainment tailored to them.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Wish it was available on Canadian Netflix. Im not sure it's available anywhere for streaming over here.
The only place is showcase.ca but they take the episodes down after a bit and I'm pretty sure you need a cable sub to log in to watch them because that's what it says for other shows.

OP
OP
Joni

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Happy that the show is back, and very happy they are pretending Covid didn't happen. Curious to see how the relationships will evolve, hope they tackle Spence - Olivia relatioship a bit more.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Happy that the show is back, and very happy they are pretending Covid didn't happen. Curious to see how the relationships will evolve, hope they tackle Spence - Olivia relatioship a bit more.

That's kinda disappointing, you can do a lot with sports and how covid effects it.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Them sidestepping COVID seems like a missed opportunity honestly given it's hitting marginalized and racialized communities the hardest right now, and with school shut downs, and everything to with sports. It's hard not thinking about it when seeing all these guys tackling and touching each other especially in the 2nd episode.

At least they sort of addressed the protests from last year.

I like the new coach for Beverly so far, Jordan definitely needed to get taken down a peg. Also liking that there's a lot of conflict with Spencer going back to Crenshaw, his words getting twisted by the reporter, his mental block with his arm, and the QB decision with the Chargers.

Anyone else still find it funny that Asher is Cloud haha? Whenever he speaks it's all I can think about. Also I really hope he didn't cheat on Olivia. It seems likely Olivia cheated on him in response with Spencer.

OP
OP
Joni

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Them sidestepping COVID seems like a missed opportunity honestly given it's hitting marginalized and racialized communities the hardest right now.
Sure, but it comes at the cost of ongoing storylines. Like The Resident was building up to an important confrontation between two characters, and quickly pshed that to the side for Covid. That kind of thing sucks. They can always do a Covid story in 2-3 years if they feel it worth it.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Glad the next episode is finally showing what happened during the summer. Was getting tired of them constantly avoiding talking about it.

Also, Coop does have a point with Spencer's saviour complex

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I figured Spencer and Olivia might have had sex but it's much deeper than that, damn. Those were some really emotional bunch of scenes from the wedding to the confession.

OP
OP
Joni

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
That is a really mistimed "You're family too", read the room Jordan :D

OP
OP
Joni

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
it is back, I'm happy they gave so much attention to the fallout of last episode although it makes me sad about the consequences for Spence.

OP
OP
Joni

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
That was a heavy episode. I don't know how I feel about the twist that their season is over.

OP
OP
Joni

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
It is disappointing so few people here are watching the show, another strong episode.
And the show seems popular outside the Era bubble, the spin-off got picked up.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
June 14th is so far

Another good episode. Guess Crenshaw is still in the game. Also Glad Asher figured out what he really wanted.

The ending sequence with Olivia was rough. Fucking cops.

OP
OP
Joni

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Loving the energy in the spin-off pilot. And it explains why Peyton Alex Smith suddenly disappeared on Legacies.

OP
OP
Joni

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Thank god there is at least some negativity around Coop/Layla because damn that was a happy episode, and that wouldn't bode well for next weeks finale.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
what the fuck was that finale

they've been hyping up this showdown between Crenshaw and Beverly all season and they're not going to show it

Coop better not die

Also being Asher is suffering, he cannot catch a break

OP
OP
Joni

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Indeed, so many cliffhangers to next season. But that was very depressing episode after a happy one.