• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Listening to Cody on Jim Ross' podcast, Cody mentions that he/Tony/Kenny/Bucks are going on a "hoss hunt" looking for guys over 6-2/230 and he thinks they've found a few. Mentioned Wardlow and Luchasaurus as at least people they're probably going to bring in at least for a bit.
Hope they pick up Shlak

"Hoss hunt"

"Over 6'2" 230 pounds"

What.

LOL. true, that's ridiculous, but its relative to the size of their people

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Listening to Cody on Jim Ross' podcast, Cody mentions that he/Tony/Kenny/Bucks are going on a "hoss hunt" looking for guys over 6-2/230 and he thinks they've found a few. Mentioned Wardlow and Luchasaurus as at least people they're probably going to bring in at least for a bit.

They're done writing Double or Nothing and only have had to do a few "baby revisions". Have moved on to the next series of shows.

Cody says there will be announcements on where to watch Double or Nothing, both domestically and internationally in the next few weeks. Says JR will be a part of some of the announcements and they're going to really make people excited.

hey kenny

tumblr_ni21ybuEwG1qbaep1o1_640.jpg

tumblr_p6vf30Y3ky1s05wxzo2_400.gif

tumblr_pndca9ceC81qd4esao1_540.gif

do the right thing

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Cody suggested on JR's podcast that the announcement about where to watch Double or Nothing would be coming in the next few weeks and that people are going to be very excited about the announcements being made over the next few weeks. Pretty clear implications that it's not just gonna be a simple PPV on Fite.tv

Sketchsanchez

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this big beefy motherfucker is the one and only Daisuke Sekimoto

this fucking HOSS came off as a bigger superstar than Hiroshi Tanahashi and All Japan ace Kento Miyahara at the recent Giant Baba Memorial show.

More HOSS footage:

Well God fucking dammit, I need more of this man in my life.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
this big beefy motherfucker is the one and only Daisuke Sekimoto

this fucking HOSS came off as a bigger superstar than Hiroshi Tanahashi and All Japan ace Kento Miyahara at the recent Giant Baba Memorial show.

More HOSS footage:

Only time I've seen him in action was the DDT Judgement (I think) show and the match he was in put me to sleep and killed any interest I had of finishing the show at a later date so I hope they go somewhere else for their "hoss".

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I get that Brandi's not that good but some of the reactions I've seen to that match announcement elsewhere have been excessive. You'd think Brandi was booking herself to dominate Allie like Brock for the title or something based on some reactions.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
I get that Brandi's not that good but some of the reactions I've seen to that match announcement elsewhere have been excessive. You'd think Brandi was booking herself to dominate Allie like Brock for the title or something based on some reactions.
Also watching today's Road to DON it looks like the match might not be that simple... She calls someone else almost immediately after getting off face time with Allie.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Yeah, the overreaction is pretty ridiculous

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Cody suggested on JR's podcast that the announcement about where to watch Double or Nothing would be coming in the next few weeks and that people are going to be very excited about the announcements being made over the next few weeks. Pretty clear implications that it's not just gonna be a simple PPV on Fite.tv
Wrestlemania is over, Double or Nothing is just around the corner.

Definitely time to start ramping things up again if they've been holding some things back.

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
A look at Dylan Frymyer, their video editor and an indy wrestler
Allie vs Brandi at Fight for the Fallen
MJF in the battle royal
Anthony Ogogo (pro boxer and Olympic medalist) being scouted

Something that really impresses me is the fact that this video is only 10:31 long and got so much over. The writing and pacing on these videos are top notch.

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, the overreaction is pretty ridiculous

Yeah, it is not like she is booking herself to win a title or something. As long as there are many more womens matches in the card I am fine with her having one.

Haven't seen Rampage since I stopped watching Progress. How's he been doing

After losing the Atlas title he kinda was relegated to less known indies in the UK. After RevPro and Progress dropped him he really needs something to revitalize his career.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it is not like she is booking herself to win a title or something. As long as there are many more womens matches in the card I am fine with her having one.

After losing the Atlas title he kinda was relegated to less known indies in the UK. After RevPro and Progress dropped him he really needs something to revitalize his career.

Ah that's a bummer. That's what I last remember him doing there was that atlas run.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Rampage is pretty active in Defiant Wrestling and yeah, he's pretty good. Just came off a long stint as champion.

They have a weekly show on youtube if you want to check that out.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
From this week's Observer:

This really doesn't mean much, but New Japan announced Kazuchika Okada, Tetsuya Naito, Jay White and Kota Ibushi for the G-1 Climax tournament. It's a given they would all be there. I guess it was a way to try and kick-start ticket sales in Dallas. They discounted tickets last week, which ended up being a hell of a lesson. The lesson is the people who want to see New Japan for the most part will pay the ticket price, but right now there is a number that, in this incarnation, without the former American top draws, they simply can't run an NBA arena. As of several days after the tickets were discounted, only 62 more tickets were sold. That led to the announcing of the names. Originally the way New Japan works is that they don't announce who is in G-1 until after Dominion in June, but because they felt they needed something for Dallas, they announced the top four guys this week. Dallas also had no local advertising.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Wasn't as quick of a sellout but it looks like Fight for the Fallen is very close to a sellout if not already sold out, people are getting alerts tickets are no longer available or having trouble accessing the system

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
another sellout for AEW as new japan continues to bomb in north america

meij about to pick up that phone...

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
NJPW continues doing record business in Japan. At much this is going to make them abandon their USA expansion or scale down. Honestly, they should do that. Their mistake was not giving from the start what USA NJPW fans wanted (unlike what DDT and Stardom did) and relying too much on The Elite. That dependence was never going to be healthy for their business and now they are paying the price. They pissed off their NJPW crowd and The Elite one.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Jericho. Though that might be a little too on the nose as a copy of the 1996 storyline.

The on the nose version would be Cody as the third man. Hogan's turn was great because he was the biggest babyface in the company, regardless of what the fans reaction was. Jericho, even though he's their biggest mainstream star by far, has been playing a complete shithead heel since the moment he left WWE :P

Also, it's not like WCW owns the rights to invasion angles. The NWO itself was a ripoff of the UWF/New Japan invasion angle.

It's also been 23 god damn years since the NWO invaded Nitro, and in that time WWE has successfully executed a grand total of ZERO successful invasion angles. I'm 100% open to AEW giving a big time invasion angle a shot, with their own unique twist, if they get their hands on Ambrose, Harper, Punk or some other big time ex-WWE guys. I wouldn't be surprised if Cody and the boys see it as a challenge to re-create NWO, but do it right this time.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
PWInsider said:
Keith Mitchell, who had long been involved in the production end here [in TNA/Impact Wrestling], is no longer with the company as he's taken a full-time job with All Elite Wrestling to head their production. Kevin Sullivan and Michael Vedder run Impact's production these days. Vedder was brought in by Scott D'Amore when he and Don Callis took over the company.

Mitchell's presence wasn't felt on the TNA product for a while, and it very noticeably has gone to deep shit without him in the past month especially (see the Mania weekend show, and the unwatchable Twitch show from this past weekend). Gonna say this is another good get

steveovig

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would wait for confirmation from other sources first. Remember the rumor about TBS doing their upfronts, etc?

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
That dude Lazybob posted this in the other thread.

Sounds like the shows leading up to the October premiere are to reprove themselves so this could just be a road bump in on going negotiations about how the on air production goes. Could be nothing. Could lead to them paying for their TV time.

It's still 6 months out so time to smooth stuff out and re-prove they can do ALL IN again.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
That dude Lazybob posted this in the other thread.

Sounds like the shows leading up to the October premiere are to reprove themselves so this could just be a road bump in on going negotiations about how the on air production goes. Could be nothing. Could lead to them paying for their TV time.

It's still 6 months out so time to smooth stuff out and re-prove they can do ALL IN again.

If it's true they hired that former WCW/TNA producer it's a good start.

steveovig

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some of y'all are reaching with this new rumor. Dave has known about the negotiations for months and has always maintained they are positive for AEW. AEW paying for their time slot isn't positive. Wait until someone credible confirms it before going nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.