All Elite Wrestling announced; bankrolled by Tony Khan, son of Jacksonville Jaguars and Fullham FC owner Shahid Khan

Oct 25, 2017
So good.

EDIT: Beaten like a mark.

Variety said:
“One thing we really strongly want to present is wins and losses mattering again in pro wrestling. That takes more than the W and the L column,” he said. “We’re talking about percentage of times someone loses to this particular maneuver, percentages against somebody of this height, a whole by-the-numbers approach that really intrigues me. It’s not a cornerstone of AEW necessarily but it’s a great peripheral element we’re working on and that’s going to be exclusive to us.”

Rhodes, who is the son of WWE Hall of Famer Dusty Rhodes and a former WWE star himself, expressed his gratitude for the opportunity to learn from people like WWE chairman and CEO Vince McMahon. But he also felt something was lacking during his time with the company.

“[As] much as I say it was a wonderful job, it wasn’t wrestling. That’s something I’ve learned a lot about, the grittiness and the sports-centric element of the industry that doesn’t exist really anywhere else currently. We have the opportunity to seize that.”

Freezasaurus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Zombania
So how much is Double or Nothing gonna cost on PPV? I can't seem to find that in any of the articles. And the Bleacher Report app is apparently butt-poop on Fire TV, so I'm not gonna bother trying that way.

Hasney

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So how much is Double or Nothing gonna cost on PPV? I can't seem to find that in any of the articles. And the Bleacher Report app is apparently butt-poop on Fire TV, so I'm not gonna bother trying that way.
As they used to say back in the day, check local listings. But it appears most PPV companies are going for $40-$50.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017

Guess we'll see what Meltzer says about it in the new Observer tomorrow.

Last edited:

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
$50 for the streaming price would be a huge mistake

sensui-tomo

Oct 25, 2017
I dont wanna spend $50 on it, but I get why the first one might cost this much. Still going to bite the bullet though.

Var

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Whew, 50 dollars is a lot of money. I didn't think they would price it that high. Wasn't All In only like 39.99 on Fite TV?

Porcupine

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any way to watch Double or Nothing live in Germany or is this whole thing region locked? Can I watch it over the UK broadcast?

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
50 is too much, will wait, or...who knows what. Maybe completely pass?
Might want to pass.

I'm sure it'll be good but enough to pay five times the PPV average? You can buy a lot wrestling with that elsewhere.

Personally, I'll buy it becuase I'm insanely curious and been waiting for this awhile but definitely not going to feel the same about the ones afterwards with the same price.

Brass Body Dave

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Might want to pass.

I'm sure it'll be good but enough to pay five times the PPV average? You can buy a lot wrestling with that elsewhere.

Personally, I'll buy it becuase I'm insanely curious and been waiting for this awhile but definitely not going to feel the same about the ones afterwards with the same price.
A lot of the steam is exhausted not watching live, but I can't go back to $50 ppvs. Especially not for Cody/Dustin.

Sweeney Swift

Oct 25, 2017
I'm seeing it with friends and we're splitting the $60 on Xfinity TV PPV. If you're going to pay that kind of money, you should at least have something of reliable buffering quality. To put it politely with my experience of BleacherReport Live: that ain't that lmao

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I'm seeing it with friends and we're splitting the $60 on Xfinity TV PPV. If you're going to pay that kind of money, you should at least have something of reliable buffering quality. To put it politely with my experience of BleacherReport Live: that ain't that lmao
Was thinking about getting it on Fite TV if its on there in the US but their player has fucked me over more than once.

excelsiorlef

Oct 25, 2017
Oh goddammit.

They went from having all the energy after the TNT official reveal to botching their run of PPV's before the weekly show.
I mean it still might be pn Twtich too, but an article in Variety had B/R Live saying they'll be streaming AEW shows in June and Jul, and that's the CEO show and the Jacksonville show.... it might still be free though we'll see

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Someone explain this "wins and losses matter" thing to me. How does a booked event with booked outcomes use wins and losses to do anything? All I can see is oh Kenny gets a title run because he won his last 20 matches. Which just translates to Kenny was booked for a title run but we dragged it out. And what happens to the poor jobbers who never get booked to win. The losses matter for them because they never get gold opportunity's

I can't get my head around it

RS1984

Dec 29, 2017
Someone explain this "wins and losses matter" thing to me. How does a booked event with booked outcomes use wins and losses to do anything? All I can see is oh Kenny gets a title run because he won his last 20 matches. Which just translates to Kenny was booked for a title run but we dragged it out. And what happens to the poor jobbers who never get booked to win. The losses matter for them because they never get gold opportunity's

I can't get my head around it
My guess is it's the NJPW style. Pin a champion in a tag match or a tournament match and you get a title shot.

They are also planning of some sort of stat tracking system. I'm thinking a possible AEW Fantasy Pro Wrestling league for the fans similar to NFL Fantasy Football.