• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Is there a way if I still wanted to pay for the show to use a VPN and pay for the UK broadcast? I'm def not paying 50 dollars.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
AEW ppv's are monthly. Fyter Fest is next month, Fight for the Fallen is July, and All In 2 is probably in August. Meaning they'll have to rely on live attendance, merch, and tv ratings/ads for profit because I can't imagine many people are gonna spend $50 a month on a unproven product.
Fyter Fest and Fight for the Fallen were always intended to be relatively small shows, not big ones like DoN and All In 2, so I seriously doubt they'll be on PPV.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
AEW ppv's are monthly. Fyter Fest is next month, Fight for the Fallen is July, and All In 2 is probably in August. Meaning they'll have to rely on live attendance, merch, and tv ratings/ads for profit because I can't imagine many people are gonna spend $50 a month on a unproven product.
I doubt the next two shows will be $50 since they are supposed to be smaller but I also doubted the iPPV price would be $50 for DoN so what do I know lol.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I hope when the FTA stuff hits it'll be broadcast in Australia somewhere. I'd hate to have to track it down via other means.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jake Hager spoiled today in a podcast that
Jon Moxley
is making their AEW debut at Double or Nothing.

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fyter Fest might be free on Twitch. CEO x NJPW was free on Twitch last year.

Considering the actual standard rate for wrestling PPVs is a lot lower (five times less), yeah, I did.

Crockett Cup was $25, and that was just the NWA. I was expecting 30 since this is bigger than Crockett Cup, and NWA/ROH tends to overprice itself some.

Whether I pay the $50 depends on whether others want to watch with me.

Oct 27, 2018
Wrestling Observer said:
The show's name hasn't been decided on. It's not clear when the decision will be made. AEW is currently negotiating television deals in the U.K., obviously with ITV 4, and in Canada, but the deals can't be finalized until the day of the week is decided. Australia and Mexico are targets as well, but the U.S., U.K. and Canada are expected to be the key markets when the show launches.

ITV4?! lol

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.allelitewrestling.com/roster

Seems like they got the AEW roster page mostly fixed. Conrad's gone, Kylie Rae isn't listed as "Kylie Ray", Private Party added.

Just missing Riho (who I'm not sure they'll actually list since it's just a 5-show deal), Sadie Gibbs (not officially announced yet), and using the non-AAA names for Pentagon/Fenix which might be wrong.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Tony Deppen podcast interview https://brainbustaradio.podbean.com/e/no-particular-angle-interview-with-tony-deppen/

Around 4min in he talks about his friendship with Joey Janela and mentions all the companies Janela got him into participating in, including places "I can't really talk about yet"
When was it recorded? I know some interviews like this are recorded in advanced. Only bringing that up because if it was a couple weeks ago that comment might refer to PWG since that was a suprise. Would love him in AEW though.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like it might be $20 on FITE depending on the international market

Everyone will be firing up their VPNs

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So if I am in the US, I can't watch on Fite without a VPN?

That's right

Yeah, this is what I'll end up doing then. I have an international VPN client already. Can I sign up with my US debit card or would they automatically exclude me?

You'll probably need a non-US billing address at the very least and hope the card goes through. If not, look up pre-paid card apps, that's what we use here when the UK pricing rips us off.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Good Bleacher Report article with new quotes from Tony Khan, Matt Jackson, Cody, etc.

Also Alex Jebailey shared the FyterFest presale code on Reddit

EZMcRaH.jpg

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Interestingly Fite says unlimited replays "until 01/06/2019" - plenty of time to watch it but a bit weird that it's time limited at all. I'd assumed Fite replays were lifetime. Still getting it at that price though.

Is Starrcast worth getting, was it good last year? I have Fite credits I was saving for AEW PPVs, but it doesn't look like I can actually use them on DoN, the buy with credits option isn't there.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's what's listed on the app for me, so a week or so of replays. Interestingly ITV is listed as the promotion here as well rather than AEW. Suggests they might put future events on Fite too.

TmnIICj.jpg

Odd, considering I could still watch All In today.

Someone outside of the UK and US check and see if they have that disclaimer?

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Phenomenal article https://bleacherreport.com/articles...n-and-the-elites-attempt-to-disrupt-wrestling

By that winter's dawn, AEW had become a reality, at least on paper. It was a dizzying period for all parties and necessitated parting ways with companies like ROH and New Japan that had been home base for most of AEW's founders for so long. It would be convenient to sum it up by saying that changing allegiances came down to seizing the entrepreneurial spirit (though Matt is quick to note that creatively, "We always wanted more"), but the reality was far more pragmatic, if no less bittersweet.

"You know what's sad? New Japan and ROH could have easily come together and offered us the contracts they wanted, but they just didn't do it," Nick laments. "New Japan never saw the value in Matt and I. They never paid us good. We would have had to work with New Japan for another two decades to even get close to retiring, and the style they demand is backbreaking. Ring of Honor paid us a lot better than New Japan. We could have probably retired there, but we would have to work probably another decade with them. We pitched it to both of them: Why don't you guys get us a dual contract? And they just didn't get it done. We would have easily stayed, and there would have never been an All Elite Wrestling if they would have met what we wanted, but it didn't get done."

Ultimately, everyone had their own reasons for anteing up with the Khans and AEW, be it supporting their family, slowing down the wear and tear on their bodies or, as Matt puts it, recognizing that with this new venture, "We could basically make our own movies."

"When I said a union would kill wrestling, I was specifically talking about your mom-and-pop indies that can't afford an ambulance to come to the building," Cody elucidates. "There's a lot of people who saw the story John Oliver did and immediately called for a union or better care for their wrestlers. Better care is paramount, and one of the first ways you do that is raise the pay floor, which we've done."

While hedging on the semantics, he says he and Matt Jackson have discussed a desire to "continue to push to a place where there is some sort of governing body that helps protect the current generation but also older veterans that will soon be retiring." And on the matter of job security, he hesitates momentarily before disclosing: "At AEW, our contracts aren't blanket contracts. There are several wrestlers outside the EVP element that are going to receive benefits and health care. That's a first for wrestling, and these are slow and steady steps and I'm super proud. But it can't happen overnight. That's what I should have said all along."

Drilling down, Cody confirms AEW will "100 percent" cover any injuries sustained in the ring, as well as the rehab and recovery. "We're not gonna have a PayPal fund going around for somebody who gets hurt," he adds. "You know me. You've seen my smile. I am above board."

That much he and Khan are in total lockstep about. Out of necessity, a considerable slice of Khan's focus at present is on making entry into the pay-per-view market and ascertaining the wisest way to insinuate AEW s into peoples' weekly DVR schedules ("I'm not gonna go on Monday night or Friday night, and I would never go head-to-head with the NFL or pay for time on television," he allows). But without prodding, he outlines how his "big goal is to establish a better work-life balance and quality of life for our performers with less time on the road [and] very good money comparable to what you'd get at the highest level in the world of wrestling, because we can make the bulk of our revenue from pay-per-view and television. I'm not planning on doing hundreds of non-televised events on tour, because I don't think that would represent a large enough revenue stream for us and profitable enough business sector for us to risk the health and well-being of all these wrestlers. I'm not gonna have an offseason, but there will be a lighter schedule and we'll work people in and out."

In other words, AEW fans will be entering into a social contract of sorts: fewer house shows at your local county center and less likelihood that all of your favorite fighters will be on every card, in exchange for the comfort of knowing your ticket purchase isn't hastening their untimely death.

Status
Not open for further replies.