• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2017
SB Nation reporting, that backstage at MITB, Steph mentioned AEW by name (a first) as competition.

Stephanie McMahon led a talent meeting before Money in the Bank yesterday, according to Wrestling Observer. It was similar to past speeches of its type WWE management gives from time to time, but Steph listed AEW as a competitor. This was said to be the first time they ever mentioned a competing wrestling company by name.

They shook.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
I will admit that the Hangman/PAC segments on BTE today were very well done.

Now the interesting part will be what they'll do with Hangman on Thursday's BTE

RBH

Nov 2, 2017

Two AEW wrestlers face off in WrestleCircus

Sinatar

Oct 25, 2017
Tama Tonga has certainly turned his character work around but I can't say I'd call any match involving him as "great". Sounds like a terrible idea.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I'll be honest, I kinda expected some news of the replacement match here but I guess we'll still have to wait.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
uOHpiCf.png

Just a funny image to put up. Guess we'll find out more Thursday about what Page will be doing.

I'll be honest, I kinda expected some news of the replacement match here but I guess we'll still have to wait.

There's an extra Being the Elite on Thursday, so I'm guessing it will be addressed there.

RBH

Nov 2, 2017
Fun match, but now to see what they do for Hangman on Thursday's BTE

Deleted member 35217

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2017
I don't understand why they couldn't have just done that finish at Vegas and have Pac disappear until he was ready to commit fully to AEW.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why they couldn't have just done that finish at Vegas and have Pac disappear until he was ready to commit fully to AEW.

They've pretty much said they don't want bullshit finishes on their big events, and there are rumblings of a Visa not coming through yet and would be to the wire if it did get sorted, so best to at least partially deliver.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
The closer we get to Double or Nothing the more I'm glad they pulled out on the match. I appreciate what they're trying to do, even if it meant not delivering on an originally promoted match.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The closer we get to Double or Nothing the more I'm glad they pulled out on the match. I appreciate what they're trying to do, even if it meant not delivering on an originally promoted match.

Yeah, we got the match in some form. To me, just depends on the follow up from Thursday how I'll judge it. If it's a lower tier than Moxley or Punk out of the available talent, it should be announced beforehand. There's several guys out there I'd like to watch Page fight, but they're not "WOAH WHAT A SHOCK" levels that they would need for a mystery opponent.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I'm expecting Tony Khan in a lumberjack match against Page.

The lumberjacks are the football team he works with.

Status
Not open for further replies.