• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ANoaEd9.gif

giphy.gif
That first fucking shot

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Almost everyone who performed or is performing poorly in WWE needs an asterisk next to their name, because they're probably all secret amazing talents that got turned onto 3rd rate actors.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Almost everyone who performed or is performing poorly in WWE needs an asterisk next to their name, because they're probably all secret amazing talents that got turned onto 3rd rate actors.

This is true to a certain extent, but I'd be legit shook if Baron Corbin got sacked and ended up having a killer run in AEW/NJPW/the indies/etc.

Last edited:

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

Look at his opponent

JUICE ROBINSON

went from absolutely nothing in the wwe system to one of the best babyface promos in the world and damn good in ring worker under the new japan system

he's proof that even guys who don't seem like they're being held back, are indeed being held back

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Totally. And it REALLY grinds my gears hearing all the Attitude era guys moan about how nobody is grabbing for the brass ring and people are scared and blah blah blah. Vince fucking suffocates his talent. Really talented guys like Shawn Spears had no chance in WWE.

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Really glad to see Moxley full of energy and passion again. The last time he was like that was during his feud with Regal in FCW. If only Claudio and Lee could come to AEW / NJPW.

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
So, which WWE talents who are languishing should we look forward to switching over to AEW in the future? And that would apply to broadcasters, agents, and trainers.

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Look at his opponent

JUICE ROBINSON

went from absolutely nothing in the wwe system to one of the best babyface promos in the world and damn good in ring worker under the new japan system

he's proof that even guys who don't seem like they're being held back, are indeed being held back

Not everyone is a Juice Robinson, for every one of him there's 10 Tye Dillingers. Juice had a special hunger, and underrated ability. Also the NJPW system is perfect for turning out competent workers- even their worst guys end up around Makabe or Yujiro-level. Juice's charisma is damn good, so combine that with NJPW's system and you got a template for someone very good.

Downhome

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I hate to keep on about bashing WWE, but I have to here.

Can you even imagine how many talents WWE has destroyed in the almost 20 years it has been since WCW went out of business? How many folks started with the dream, trained, attempted to make it work, and then WWE just killed their passion for the entire thing and they gave up and have since moved on? How many of these folks had actual potential and it was just tossed in the trash bin? How many truly great workers have we missed out on simply because of how WWE works?

I love wrestling, I'll always be a WWE fan, but when I really sit and think about it it kinda makes me sick to my stomach.

I'm beyond thrilled that these people have a true alternative in North America once again.

One guy I instantly think about is Harry Smith. It's an abomination how much of his career has been wasted because of what WWE did to him. I know he has had success elsewhere since, but not on this kind of stage in the states. I hope he has the chance to go to AEW. I mean, look what WWE did to someone like even CM Punk. He had a passion and they beat it out of him to the extent that he may not even work anywhere ever again. I can't imagine what it did to the guys who never even were able to come close to what someone like a CM Punk or Dean Ambrose were able to achieve with those constraints. Ugh.

It also pisses me off that even the guys that ARE getting a chance now, like Shawn Spears, so much of his career was just wasted. Now guys like him are in the spotlight but they are already pushing 40 years old. Other than a short stint on the indies, he wasted like 13 years of his prime for absolutely nothing.

So, which WWE talents who are languishing should we look forward to switching over to AEW in the future? And that would apply to broadcasters, agents, and trainers.

It absolutely applies to others beyond just the wrestles. The WWE system pushes everyone down with how it is. JR on Double or Nothing was more in his element than he has been in years in WWE. Even Billy Flippin' Gunn seems to be in a better head space now. I'm sure agents like Dean and Arn will be thrilled to have somewhere to work where they are free to just be creative and do their jobs how they should have always been done. I'm excited for the possibility of Rene Young following Moxley as soon as it's possible, they have actively ruined her in the booth in WWE. It's no wonder that we are hearing reports where tons of folks in WWE are interested in getting out. I would be too if I worked there. I also don't think WWE is safe from anyone wanting out, not even the top talent unless they have direct ties to the family. In a million years I never would have thought someone like Randy would ever leave WWE, but now it wouldn't shock me for a second. The creative envoriment mixed with the decreased schedule? Some of these guys would be insane to not be interested in getting out.

Last edited:

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017

Can you even imagine how many talents WWE has destroyed in the almost 20 years it has been since WCW went out of business? How many folks started with the dream, trained, attempted to make it work, and then WWE just killed their passion for the entire thing and they gave up and have since moved on? How many of these folks had actual potential and it was just tossed in the trash bin? How many truly great workers have we missed out on simply because of how WWE works?

I love wrestling, I'll always be a WWE fan, but when I really sit and think about it it kinda makes me sick to my stomach.

I'm beyond thrilled that these people have a true alternative in North America once again.

One guy I instantly think about is Harry Smith. It's an abomination how much of his career has been wasted because of what WWE did to him. I know he has had success elsewhere since, but not on this kind of stage in the states. I hope he has the chance to go to AEW. I mean, look what WWE did to someone like even CM Punk. He had a passion and they beat it out of him to the extent that he may not even work anywhere ever again. I can't imagine what it did to the guys who never even were able to come close to what someone like a CM Punk or Dean Ambrose were able to achieve with those constraints. Ugh.

It also pisses me off that even the guys that ARE getting a chance now, like Shawn Spears, so much of his career was just wasted. Now guys like him are in the spotlight but they are already pushing 40 years old. Other than a short stint on the indies, he wasted like 13 years of his prime for absolutely nothing.

I dont understand how Haitch skipped Juice Robinson so hard. The Guy should have been a star in NXT. Luckily Matt Bloom with his contacts in New Japan could hook him up there when he left wwe. I know that eventually Juice would have get there, but still he sould be very thankful of Matt Bloom.

Also, you can see guys like Dustin, that he himself said that in WWE they make him feel that he was no good for the upper card, and he really believed that for 20 years.

But, i dont think its all WWE fault. When you sign with wwe you know exactly the ground you are stepping. And people like Sasha Banks that even being unhappy, sign a contract renovation, they played themselves.

Downhome

Oct 27, 2017
I dont understand how Haitch skipped Juice Robinson so hard. The Guy should have been a star in NXT. Luckily Matt Bloom with his contacts in New Japan could hook him up there when he left wwe. I know that eventually Juice would have get there, but still he sould be very thankful of Matt Bloom.

Tell me about it, it's insane. One of their biggest mistakes in the last number of years.

Also, you can see guys like Dustin, that he himself said that in WWE they make him feel that he was no good for the upper card, and he really believed that for 20 years.

While this dude is like a fine wine, yeah, it's horrible what they did to him and that was still someone they put time and effort into. He leaves and his first night in AEW he busts out what to me was a legendary all time classic and hit five stars. Who on Earth expected that? I've been a huge fan of his since day one though and have thought he should have been a world champ, somewhere, ever since his original run in WCW.

But, i dont think its all WWE fault. When you sign with wwe you know exactly the ground you are stepping. And people like Sasha Banks that even being unhappy, sign a contract renovation, they played themselves.

I don't blame the talent. Where else has there been for them to go to make that much money and get that much exposure? If I was a wrestler I'd likely have signed with WWE as well for the job security. It doesn't make it suck any less with how they still misuse and mistreat so much of their talent.

Hell, take someone like Roman Reigns even, who they obviously focus on as their main star. Even this guy is terribly misused constantly. He shows glimpses of his true character and the potential he has but we are never going to really see what great things he could accomplish in WWE no matter how hard they push him. Not in this current environment.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I have always been tangentially interested in wrestling, but AEW is the first time I've ever seriously thought, "Could I get into this?" The energy around it is just electric.

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Also, assuming that AEW gets off to a strong start after their first 18 months, which of the current WWE performers do you predict will make the jump to the extent that WWE will try to renew their contract, an/or bury them once it becomes apparent to them that they're leaving. Dean Ambrose was given a relatively dignified departure, but WWE has been known to be petty in the past.

And, do you see AEW extending olive branches to legends for sparing use on their shows as a means of cementing their old school cred? What are their home media production plans in terms of DVD sales in the next 5 years?

It absolutely applies to others beyond just the wrestles. The WWE system pushes everyone down with how it is. JR on Double or Nothing was more in his element than he has been in years in WWE. Even Billy Flippin' Gunn seems to be in a better head space now. I'm sure agents like Dean and Arn will be thrilled to have somewhere to work where they are free to just be creative and do their jobs how they should have always been done. I'm excited for the possibility of Rene Young following Moxley as soon as it's possible, they have actively ruined her in the booth in WWE. It's no wonder that we are hearing reports where tons of folks in WWE are interested in getting out. I would be too if I worked there. I also don't think WWE is safe from anyone wanting out, not even the top talent unless they have direct ties to the family. In a million years I never would have thought someone like Randy would ever leave WWE, but now it wouldn't shock me for a second. The creative envoriment mixed with the decreased schedule? Some of these guys would be insane to not be interested in getting out.

Since Cody Rhodes is old school, is he open to the idea of bringing back heel managers and a dedicated tag team division?

I also couldn't help but notice that when Bret Hart came out to unveil the belt, he was billed as just Bret Hart. Doesn't he own the Hitman name, or did he have to give that up when he signed his legends contract. Also, wouldn't he have had to gain clearance by the WWE to make his AEW appearance? And what was his motives for showing up on AEW? He ruled out on ever showing up on a TNA show for instance. Has he for all intents and purpose checked out of the WWE once again?

Last edited:

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Since Cody Rhodes is old school, is he open to the idea of bringing back heel managers and a dedicated tag team division?

I also couldn't help but notice that when Bret Hart came out to unveil the belt, he was billed as just Bret Hart. Doesn't he own the Hitman name, or did he have to give that up when he signed his legends contract. Also, wouldn't he have had to gain clearance by the WWE to make his AEW appearance? And what was his motives for showing up on AEW? He ruled out on ever showing up on a TNA show for instance. Has he for all intents and purpose checked out of the WWE once again?
A dedicated tag team division was the plan from day one, why do you think the Bucks are there? And I'm sure they'd bring back heel managers if the right manager came along.

Bret doesn't have a legends contract, so he can do whatever he wants. He probably ruled out ever appearing on TNA because it's TNA. I'd guess, like a lot of the other retired wrestlers who showed up at DoN or Starrcast, Bret's excited about AEW because he knows WWE is a shitshow and wants to see a genuinely good major wrestling promotion. But who knows, you'd have to ask him most of those questions.

Oct 27, 2017
A dedicated tag team division was the plan from day one, why do you think the Bucks are there? And I'm sure they'd bring back heel managers if the right manager came along.

Bret doesn't have a legends contract, so he can do whatever he wants. He probably ruled out ever appearing on TNA because it's TNA. I'd guess, like a lot of the other retired wrestlers who showed up at DoN or Starrcast, Bret's excited about AEW because he knows WWE is a shitshow and wants to see a genuinely good major wrestling promotion. But who knows, you'd have to ask him most of those questions.

Ric Flair was supposed to be the one to present the title, but he didn't recover fast enough from his surgery, Bret stepped in on short notice.

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

What's going through HHH's mind going forward? Is he aware of the WWE's stagnating product or blissfully confidant of the fact that they've monopolized the business in North America?

Since Vince seems stuck in his ways, would HHH or Stephanie be able to corral him into changing course? And that wouldn't necessarily have to mean doing bloody death matches or cussing on air. They still do have the best roster of talent they've had in their history, at least athletically speaking. Instead of locking in potential breakout stars for the sake of depriving their competition of using them, why not cultivate them to make them profitable for the WWE? It boggles my mind. It's almost WCW level hubris.

Austin, Foley, Benoit, Jericho, and Guerrero, they were fine with letting them languish and it came back to bite them in the ass.

I remember Tom Zenk telling Dave Meltzer on his show back in 2000 after The Radicalz left WCW that these were men who were essentially leaving guaranteed money on the table for greener pastures. Then you juxtapose that with what Jon Moxley said in his interviews with Wade Keller and Chris Jericho. History is repeating itself in two fold for the WWE. Just like in 1995-6, they were complacent as WCW was slowly gaining the upperhand in the Monday Night Wars. But they also seem complacent with their fledgling talent, just like WCW was after the NWO angle had run its course.

Last edited:

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man remember when American Alpha was fucking over in NXT. Not even Jordan's physique could keep him from becoming nothing on the main roster.

Downhome

Oct 27, 2017
If only AEW had been around for Nick Dinsmore to go to in his prime. Just another in the long list of "what could have beens".

Oct 27, 2017
If only AEW had been around for Nick Dinsmore to go to in his prime. Just another in the long list of "what could have beens".

If only it had been around 2001-2009ish when Samoa Joe, Bryan Danielson, Nigel McGuiness, AJ Styles, Tyler Black, Claudio Castagnoli, Prince Devitt, and about a hundred other guys were in their primes but weren't being signed by WWE because Johnny Ace was running talent relations and was terrible at his job.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017

I keep feeling like Renee Young is on borrowed time with WWE, and I keep expecting her to show up on AEW as a backstage interviewer.

Asuka and Kairi Sane would be amazing for the women's division.

I know Nakamura probably wouldn't leave WWE anytime soon, but the man made one of the greatest WWE debuts in recent memory, won the Royal Rumble, and now barely shows up because apparently Vince was so pissed that Nakamura accidentally dropped Cena on his head. But if he did leave, Nakamura vs Omega would be a dream match.

Downhome

Oct 27, 2017
If only it had been around 2001-2009ish when Samoa Joe, Bryan Danielson, Nigel McGuiness, AJ Styles, Tyler Black, Claudio Castagnoli, Prince Devitt, and about a hundred other guys were in their primes but weren't being signed by WWE because Johnny Ace was running talent relations and was terrible at his job.

It boggles the mind and just pisses me off even more when I think about it. At least those guys had moments though where their talent shined. My real problem is with the guys that never got the shot, those that were truly totally wasted and screwed up. Those that had their passion for the business as a whole destroyed and then got out before they ever had a real chance to let loose.

But yes, it sucks for these guys as well, just in a different way.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Keith Lee is another. He's in NXT where he's supposed to be safe and he's already getting kind of shafted.

Him and Matt Riddle would be amazing additions that I could see in the future.

Downhome

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what Renee wants out of everything, I know she doesn't want to wrestle, but I could absolutely see her as one hell of a second for Moxley one day in the vein of an Elizabeth or the sort. If not full time, at least for a match when he faces Cody with Brandi in his corner or something.

The truth is we don't know what some of these people are even truly capable of.

Var

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoyed the Moxley vs Juice match. Not a fan of those trunks though. I think it might look better if the barbed wire were silver instead of gold or if the trunks were a bit longer at least.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
Keith Lee is another. He's in NXT where he's supposed to be safe and he's already getting kind of shafted.

Him and Matt Riddle would be amazing additions that I could see in the future.

Keith Lee maybe, but I think WWE knows they have something with Riddle and I see him as a huge star for them in the near future.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Keith Lee maybe, but I think WWE knows they have something with Riddle and I see him as a huge star for them in the near future.

Matt Riddle LOOKS like a huge television star, something I can't say about most top WWE guys, also doesn't hurt that he has the credentials and work rate

Status
Not open for further replies.