• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
If you guys are going to try to get tickets tomorrow, this might help for you to do this in advance:

Thank you, friend!

tenor.gif

tumblr_p2zruolev01u1ljrzo1_500.gif

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
All In sold out in 30 minutes

Double or Nothing sold out in 4 minutes

We'll see how quickly it takes All Out to sell out tomorrow.

Deleted member 225

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Moxley vs. Omega was obvious, but still I'm excited it should be a really great match.

It's crazy how much more I like Moxley outside WWE. I'm reminded how validated I was thinking he was gonna be a star in FCW.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
If you still haven't seen the Darby Allin promo, do yourself a favour and give this four minutes of your time:

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Omega/Moxley should be a banger. Can't wait. And yeah, don't think Punk is happening, unless he's pulling a Jericho lol. Oh well. The rest of the card should be amazing nonetheless.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I've been thinking about it a lot and as much as I enjoyed Punk in WWE, I'm just not sure he really fits into AEW in a meaningful way at this stage. Still would love to see him get back on the mic in the future, but I feel like his established persona just doesn't work in this kind of promotion.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is probably more talk about cm punk , who hasn't wreslte in like 5 years, then any other wrestler in this thread lol

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
As much as i want him back in wrestling i legitimately thing he's 100% done with wrestling in the sense of doing an actual run. He's committed to doing his own thing and i respect it. To make enough money in wrestling to retire that young to not completely destroy your body.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
I don't give a fuck if he comes back or not anymore honestly. Discussion around him has been made toxic as a fan, and it must be even more toxic if you're him, because you're never ever going to be able to post anything on social media without it dominating the comments. Shit was bad the first year he was gone and it managed to become worse. Wrestlegeeks are incapable of shutting up about it now, you can see him harassed on everything he's tried to post for years now, it's exhausting to endure, and it's not slowing down

thefro

Oct 25, 2017

Looks like FITE is going to show Fyter Fest outside the US/UK/Ireland. Probably won't be free there.

Too bad they can't just do a geoblocked Twitch/YouTube stream.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't give a fuck if he comes back or not anymore honestly. Discussion around him has been made toxic as a fan, and it must be even more toxic if you're him, because you're never ever going to be able to post anything on social media without it dominating the comments. Shit was bad the first year he was gone and it managed to become worse. Wrestlegeeks are incapable of shutting up about it now, you can see him harassed on everything he's tried to post for years now, it's exhausting to endure, and it's not slowing down

Thank you

You would think fans would want to be surprised by this, especially with how AEW handled Moxley's debut. The constant "PLZ COME BACK" shit is just gross

msboo001

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm... as much as I want to go All Out, I have a 1st months rent and security deposit to pay for. (I finally got a job after being unemployed for 3 years :D ) I could drive the 20 hours but I'd rather not...

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
yup. That's the major difference between late WCW and WWE. WWE is making more money than any wrestling promotion in history while WCW was losing more money than any promotion in history. WWE's main source of income is the TV Rights, and until that dries up (which I don't see happening since TV networks are panicking) they are going to be in great shape even with failing ratings.
It really didn't help WCW's case that they didn't get paid for the TV and their PPV and video sales didn't go back to WCW and instead was "lost" in their parent company's balance sheet it made it really easy for the suits who came in with the ill fated AOL merger to justify getting rid of WCW. If WCW was a seprate entity it might've done better.

Oct 25, 2017
yup. That's the major difference between late WCW and WWE. WWE is making more money than any wrestling promotion in history while WCW was losing more money than any promotion in history. WWE's main source of income is the TV Rights, and until that dries up (which I don't see happening since TV networks are panicking) they are going to be in great shape even with failing ratings.

Ehhh Time Warner/AOL merger screwed them more than anything. Turner was willing to keep footing bills no matter what.

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ehhh Time Warner/AOL merger screwed them more than anything. Turner was willing to keep footing bills no matter what.
That's not true. I'm really sick of people, including Eric Bishoff, blaming WCW dying on the merger because that's misleading. It was a main reason why it was being sold. Yes, Jaime Kellner did not like wrestling but WCW went from a company profiting 80-150 million a year to burning through 5-7 million MONTHLY. No one in their right mind can tell me he would still demand them be off the network if they were making a faction of what they made during 96-98. When the merger happened, their profits were already in the toilet, they were losing sponsors, and they were eroding their fan base. If you have to rely on one billionaire's love for wrestling to keep your company alive, then you should not be in business...

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
That's not true. I'm really sick of people, including Eric Bishoff, blaming WCW dying on the merger because that's misleading. It was a main reason why it was being sold. Yes, Jaime Kellner did not like wrestling but WCW went from a company profiting 80-150 million a year to burning through 5-7 million MONTHLY. No one in their right mind can tell me he would still demand them be off the network if they were making a faction of what they made during 96-98. When the merger happened, their profits were already in the toilet, they were losing sponsors, and they were eroding their fan base. If you have to rely on one billionaire's love for wrestling to keep your company alive, then you should not be in business...

This. So many have forgotten just how bad WCW was.

Status
Not open for further replies.