• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
I love those things. Really validates the wrestlers and their matches. Do this for every new event Cody.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
ITV are replying to everyone with "We have no information about this" when asked about Fyter Fest, and Fite.tv have said they are "still working some things out" before they make the link available over here.

Not sure what the hold up is, I would have thought ITV especially would have had it in the DoN contract that if it did well enough, they'd pick up the next event.

If it ends up being free I suppose it doesn't matter, but if they want to charge for it, they aren't leaving themselves much time.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
ITV are replying to everyone with "We have no information about this" when asked about Fyter Fest, and Fite.tv have said they are "still working some things out" before they make the link available over here.

Not sure what the hold up is, I would have thought ITV especially would have had it in the DoN contract that if it did well enough, they'd pick up the next event.

If it ends up being free I suppose it doesn't matter, but if they want to charge for it, they aren't leaving themselves much time.
ITV really seem to be very disorganised with AEW.

They had the time to create their new twitter ITV wrestling account and start promotion but not to get the PS4 version of DoN sorted and had to cancel that after people were hounding them about not being able to find it or being annoyed that you had to watch live.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Listened to this last night, worth it if you like austin and kahn and wrasslin talk

They had the time to create their new twitter ITV wrestling account and start promotion but not to get the PS4 version of DoN sorted and had to cancel that after people were hounding them about not being able to find it or being annoyed that you had to watch live.

I could be talking out my ass here but it seems ITV and Fite and linked some how. As in Fite distributes the content to ITV and in the UK Fite want £8.99 for fyter fest (I'll pay) and I think ITV either don't regard it as PPV worthy (Too short) or they are going to air it for Free and are waiting last min to announce it so Fite doesn't get fucked over

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, disorganised is how I'd describe them. They did loads of promotion up to and just after DoN, then went pretty much silent. The last tweet from ITVWrestling was Road to Fyter episode 2, and nothing since, despite Episode 3 being out and stuff happening in AEW in between. I'd also have thought if they were going to list on Fite.tv again, they'd have got this sorted by now and be promoting it. BR/Live had it listed weeks ago in the US.
I could be talking out my ass here but it seems ITV and Fite and linked some how. As in Fite distributes the content to ITV and in the UK Fite want £8.99 for fyter fest (I'll pay) and I think ITV either don't regard it as PPV worthy (Too short) or they are going to air it for Free and are waiting last min to announce it so Fite doesn't get fucked over
Are you seeing it available for £8.99? The link Fite are promoting doesn't work at all for me.

I think the issue is ITV promote some of the ITV Box Office events themselves on Fite - they did this with DoN (it was a separate listing to the main Fite.tv event for outside the US), and some boxing. I presume that's the hold up - Fite are waiting for ITV to list it so they can send out the link. Maybe as you said the dispute is around free vs paid. I'd assumed it would be free on ITV4, but if it's a tenner or so I don't mind that. Especially not if we can use credits to buy it.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Are you seeing it available for £8.99? The link Fite are promoting doesn't work at all for me.

I think the issue is ITV promote some of the ITV Box Office events themselves on Fite - they did this with DoN (it was a separate listing to the main Fite.tv event for outside the US), and some boxing. I presume that's the hold up - Fite are waiting for ITV to list it so they can send out the link. Maybe as you said the dispute is around free vs paid. I'd assumed it would be free on ITV4, but if it's a tenner or so I don't mind that. Especially not if we can use credits to buy it.

It's still not live in our region but cody confirmed the price.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, that's not a bad price.

£8.99 isn't bad really

6mantag.jpg

moxleyvsjanela.jpg

codyvsdarby.jpg

fatalfourwayfyterfest.jpg

nakazawavsjebailey.jpg

fytertriplethreat.jpg

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
From the newest Observer:

Regarding television, the date is still not finalized but we were told it is 100 percent it will be either Tuesday or Wednesday nights, which everyone pretty much knew but was never said officially. Right now Wednesday is in the lead but the reason nothing is said is that there are a lot of decisions on the TNT side that still have to be made. International TV deals can't be finalized until TNT makes those decisions so that's where all of that stands.
Regarding why Hikaru Shida isn't on Fyter Fest, she is touring Japan and the date was in the middle of her final tour before moving to the U.S. Riho is also finishing up soon in Japan and moving to the U.S
New Japan officially announced on 6/17 that Moxley would not be appearing on the 7/6 show in Dallas. Moxley's AEW contract does allow him to work New Japan, but only for shows in Japan.

It's notable that New Japan put its U.S. title on a guy who can't even work for them in the U.S. It's still up in the air whether Moxley will be recognized as champion or wear the belt at Fyter Fest, which, ultimately is both up to Tony Khan agreeing to it as well as New Japan agreeing to it. He did neither on his independent dates with Northeast Wrestling this past weekend.

Last edited:

BozoHarry

Oct 28, 2017
Edinburgh, Scotland.
I think they need to try and get consistency with the price of these shows. Fyter being free some places, but not in others, will just cause confusion.

Same with how DoN was £14.95 ($18.97) in the UK but $49.99 in the States

RBH

Nov 2, 2017

And yes, you can use Fite TV credits to buy Fyter Fest.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think they need to try and get consistency with the price of these shows. Fyter being free some places, but not in others, will just cause confusion.

Same with how DoN was £14.95 ($18.97) in the UK but $49.99 in the States

It's legitimately impossible if you're dealing with TV stations and streaming services in multiple countries. It would be consistent if there wasn't PPV and ITV/TNT weren't involved, but for them to progress, they have to involve them. It was impossible for WWE pre-network even and TNT probably wouldn't work with an unproven brand if they just went off on their own streaming platform for the big events.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017

£8.99 isn't bad really

6mantag.jpg

moxleyvsjanela.jpg

codyvsdarby.jpg

fatalfourwayfyterfest.jpg

nakazawavsjebailey.jpg

fytertriplethreat.jpg

If I order from Fite.TV, does anyone know if it's an event that I can stream after the event is over, or can I only watch it live? Like, will it "stay" in my profile/account or whatever for a few days after the event?...Not sure I'm going to be able to watch it live, but I want to support AEW and definitely want to see all of these matches.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know what to expect for Fyter Fest's production value? Will this be one camera pointing at the ring, or will we get something comparable to DoN? Like multiple cameras, commentary, packages for each match, ect?

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
If I order from Fite.TV, does anyone know if it's an event that I can stream after the event is over, or can I only watch it live? Like, will it "stay" in my profile/account or whatever for a few days after the event?...Not sure I'm going to be able to watch it live, but I want to support AEW and definitely want to see all of these matches.
It'll stay until July 29, 2019. I ordered DoN and just watched it again last night, and that expires July 2.

Sinatar

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know what to expect for Fyter Fest's production value? Will this be one camera pointing at the ring, or will we get something comparable to DoN? Like multiple cameras, commentary, packages for each match, ect?

Because it's free there will potentially be more eyes on this then DoN, they aren't going to cheap out on the production they are trying to build a brand here.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017

Are they actually doing the production? or just the delivery of the event?

I can't imagine AEW will go from the kind of crew they had at DoN to a really shoddy hard cam/hand cam setup. It's not as if they're flushed for money.

Plus this free show (in the US) strategy is to build out for All Out - going toilet level in event quality right now would be a momentum killer.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like no ITV4 showing for Fyter Fest. According to Digiguide at 2am on the 30th they're showing boxing.

The Big Fight Live
Jermall Charlo v Brandon Adams. Coverage of the bout for the interim WBC World Middleweight title

Seems it'll either be ITV Box Office for the same price as Fite, or on Fite only. Nothing listed for Box Office as yet.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017

ITV said:
ITV, the largest commercial television network in the UK, today announced that AEW's next two shows, FYTER FEST and FIGHT FOR THE FALLEN, will be available in the UK and Ireland through FITE TV in collaboration with ITV Box Office. Each show will be available in the UK for £8.99 and in Ireland for €9.99, respectively. Details about how to access FYTER FEST can be found at www.fite.tv.
The highly anticipated FYTER FEST will take place in Daytona Beach on Saturday, June 29, during the CEO Fighting Game Championships, Florida's largest video gaming convention managed by Community Effort Orlando (CEO) Gaming. Before the live PPV event begins at 1:30 a.m. BST, Sunday, June 30, the hour-long pre-show special will stream for free on AEW's official YouTube channel youtube.com/allelitewrestling at 12:30 a.m. BST.

ITV said:
FIGHT FOR THE FALLEN, AEW's third event following DOUBLE OR NOTHING and FYTER FEST, will take place in Daily's Place Amphitheatre at TIAA Bank Field in Jacksonville, FL, on Saturday, July 13, just a few feet from where AEW was first introduced back in January. Before the live PPV event begins at 1:30 a.m. BST, Sunday, July 14, the hour-long pre-show special will stream for free on AEW's official YouTube channel youtube.com/allelitewrestling at 12:30 a.m. BST.

Hour-long preshow for Fight for the Fallen as well.

RBH

Nov 2, 2017
Jungle Boy talks about the head-scissors spot with Joey Janela at Double or Nothing:

RBH

Nov 2, 2017

Speaking of AEW and PWG:

PWG announced its 7/26 show at the Globe Theater in Los Angeles. Tickets will go on sale this week. What's notable is that there is a ton of AEW talent on the show. The show features Flip Gordon vs. Trey Miguel, The Dark Order (formerly Super Smash Brothers) vs. Trent Baretta & Chuckie T (a match coming directly off the AEW PPV angle), MJF vs. Darby Allin, Puma King & Laredo Kid & Black Taurus vs. Flamita & Bandido & Rey Horus (a genuine top flight Lucha Libre trios match), Jungle Boy vs. Joey Janela, David Starr vs. Brody King and Dezmond Xavier & Zachary Wentz defend the PWG tag titles against LAX in a ladder match.

Eight of the wrestlers on this show are under AEW contract. Right now no decision has been made regarding whether they will be able to continue working PWG once television starts. The contracted talent won't be allowed to work elsewhere, aside from Chris Jericho, Kenny Omega and Jon Moxley, who can work in Japan. For whatever reason, basically that PWG has a certain rep that elevates talent by being part of the shows, nobody except WWE bans its talent from PWG. Even ROH, whose full-time contracted talent can't work anywhere else in the U.S., PWG is the exception. AEW hasn't made a decision on this subject.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Jungle Boy talks about the head-scissors spot with Joey Janela at Double or Nothing:

Is that how this guy always sells btw? Its freaking nuts. I also vividly remember him going through a table too and that was insane as well. Like their moves broke his neck

God tier selling but also worrying lol

Status
Not open for further replies.