• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
I thought Tuesday night dynamite was just a made up name since it is loosely tied to nitro, not an actual trademarked thing.

Over/under a fire explosion behind an AEW dynamite sign

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Looks like ITV just revealed the other women's match at Fyter Fest to be Kylie Rae vs. Leva Bates on the pre-show:

D9qh5w-XUAETtOa.png:large

Was hoping for Penelope or Sadie instead of Leva

RBH

Nov 2, 2017
In what city do you guys think the first episode of AEW's TV show should be held?

Top 3 cities that came to my mind were Atlanta, NYC, and LA.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of buildings they initially run for their weekly TV show. I think it'd be better to book smaller arenas first (around 4,000-5,000 in capacity) since a smaller building that's 100% full is going to look a lot better on TV than 15,000 seat buildings that are 50-75% full.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
I think Atlanta is the logical place to do it. What I'm actually wondering is the next couple of weeks after the initial show. I'm thinking small arenas on the East coast before moving to mid and West.

Nightside

Oct 28, 2017
Of all the promotional posters the one with nakazawa and jebailey is the best. It has that mortal kombat vibe that's just perfect.

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
In what city do you guys think the first episode of AEW's TV show should be held?

It'll be interesting to see what kind of buildings they initially run for their weekly TV show. I think it'd be better to book smaller arenas first (around 4,000-5,000 in capacity) since a smaller building that's 100% full is going to look a lot better on TV than 15,000 seat buildings that are 50-75% full.
Mall of America.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

They should fuck around and sell out MSG for their debut.

RBH

Nov 2, 2017
If they do NYC, I'd love to see a show from Hammerstein Ballroom.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, but what if statefarmarena.gif tho? Atlanta has my incredibly bias vote.

yes, but I think the bigger statement would be to roll up in that mother fucker and present your first show to the world in a sold out madison square garden. wwe aside, showing the world that you can sell out the most famous arena in the world makes your product look major league. and AEW has a rabid enough fanbase to do so.

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Going forward, what venues will be unbookable for AEW due to WWE holding exclusive rights? WCW could never book at MSG because of this very reason.

Edit: To paraphrase, what venues will AEW have to steer clear of for the time being due to contract licenses that the WWE might hold with certain arenas?

Last edited:

RBH

Nov 2, 2017
Meltzer and Alvarez talk about AEW's TV deal this morning:

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Going forward, what venues will be unbookable for AEW due to WWE holding exclusive rights? WCW could never book at MSG because of this very reason.

Edit: To paraphrase, what venues will AEW have to steer clear of for the time being due to contract licenses that the WWE might hold with certain arenas?

I know WWE has always had a deal for the arena in Pittsburgh, it's why we never had WCW run a big show here. I believe WWE has first right to book a date if another wrestling company books the main arena. But now that PITT university has a bigger arena; AEW could likely run that there.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So I'm new to all of this, but does BR Live suck or not? I'm hyped to watch Fyter Fest, so I decided to sign up for an account and it just constantly half loads or hangs on Firefox. Is it me or my browser?

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm new to all of this, but does BR Live suck or not? I'm hyped to watch Fyter Fest, so I decided to sign up for an account and it just constantly half loads or hangs on Firefox. Is it me or my browser?

I haven't watched in anything in a browser. I watched DoN on Amazon Fire TV's BR app and I had no issues. A device that has the app might be worth investing in if you plan on watching AEW PPVs frequently.

RBH

Nov 2, 2017
I used BR Live for the first time on a Roku stick for Double or Nothing and didn't have any issues.

You might want to try a different browser (Chrome, IE, Safari) to see if it works better for you.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Anyone used fitetv through a PS4 browser before?

Only way I can watch in the UK and the test site says it will work on my PS4 but I was wondering what the quality is like.

RBH

Nov 2, 2017
So Tony Khan talked with Meltzer about his predictions for ticket sales and had estimated the initial sales for Fight For the Fallen in Jacksonville to be "a little less" than what they actually ended up getting (~4000) and thinks that they'll ultimately sell out with walkup sales aiding in that. They've got around 650 tickets left with 3 weeks to go, so they'll probably reach that once the advertising for the show ramps up.

Sir Swish

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone used fitetv through a PS4 browser before?

Only way I can watch in the UK and the test site says it will work on my PS4 but I was wondering what the quality is like.

Yeah I watched double or nothing using Fite via the PS4 web browser and it worked great for me.
If your not sure about it you can do what I did and watch the free buy in first to make sure it works for you.

steveovig

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does B\R replay live stuff? I won't be able to stay up on Saturday to watch FF but I'd like to watch it on Sunday, will I be able to?

Status
Not open for further replies.