• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Cody and MJF vs. Taurus and Brian Cage announced for AAA on July 18th:

D97G9-7X4AExWmO.jpg:large

MJF is probably going to betray Cody to start a feud between them and this match will probably set Cody vs Taurus for Triplemania.

Last edited:

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Cody had a little Q&A on his Twitter just now:

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
e9mxvCq.jpg

Nyla front and center. It's so nice to see a company be so supportive of trans POC after the last few years. :')

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
People around Britt must think shes crazy but god bless her for having two dreams and not giving up on either one of them.

Last edited:

Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
Is fyter fest free to watch? I heard it was. Where can I watch it? It's this weekend right?

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
lol and to think ppl thought he'd actually join that wretched company
Well he did say WWE was his second best option, while re-signing with NJPW was his third, which soured me on him a bit if I'm honest.

But regardless, WWE continues to show they have no morals but that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. The only reason they ever do anything positive is if it'll get them good publicity.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully soon, AEW can start scheduling things on top of WWE. Like Clash of the Champions on top of Wrestlemania.

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon

-Promo on the background of FotF
-Brandi and Allie training for the ring
-Promo by Hangman Page on MJF
-Tony Shivone and JAKE THE SNAKE hype Rhodes versus YB

Last edited:

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
Kenny remembered the Khans and Jericho also took that saudi blood money. Very bad take from him.

Also lol WWE. Seriously the same day the same time???

RBH

Nov 2, 2017
Brandi had hinted at another women's match for Fyter Fest (I think last week?)

We're a couple of days away and still no word yet. Wondering if it may just be an impromptu match on the day of the show. Britt is unavailable and I still have no clue what happened to Kylie.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017

We're a couple of days away and still no word yet. Wondering if it may just be an impromptu match on the day of the show. Britt is unavailable and I still have no clue what happened to Kylie.
Kylie hasn't posted on her twitter in awhile. Hopefully shes doing alright.

...I'm not stalking her. I swear.

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
I kinda love how they build up the matches with these short documentaries and ask some of the old timers to just basically cut a promo hyping up the match, even if they're not involved in any way.

Big fight feel.

Good use of legends, IMO. Not interested in seeing Jake in the ring ever again, but damn, can he still talk!

thefro

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, I have to think they're either doing something the day of the show or not doing anything at this point.

Kylie hasn't posted on her twitter in awhile. Hopefully shes doing alright.

...I'm not stalking her. I swear.

Freelance Wrestling has Kylie front and center on their poster for their next show on July 5, so if she's not working that and still radio silent on social media it'll be time to be concerned.

Honestly I wouldn't be worried except when Meltzer is vague like "THE MATCH IS 'PROBABLY' CHANGING" it makes me think some sort of injury.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'm a little confused. Aren't the tickets already sold out for the event? So basically the WWE booking will have no effect on how much goes to chairity because it's already sold out and the ticket sales are the cash going to the chairity....
Tickets are a part of it and if they sold out that's great. As someone who works in non-profit part of the game is always about raising awareness. More eyeballs on the event may generate more donations straight to the cause.

WWE's move is a bit dirty here IMO.

RBH

Nov 2, 2017
New hype video for Moxley vs. Janela:

RBH

Nov 2, 2017
From this week's Observer:

It now looks like the start date for TV will be 10/2 since the company has filed for a trademark on the name Wednesday Night Dynamite. There are still meetings going on regarding television, battle strategies, and a variety of ideas from the TNT side but Wednesday is pretty much the day unless something changes (and has been the favorite to be the day for months) with 8-10 p.m. being currently the most likely time slot
Fyter Fest takes place on 6/29 in Daytona Beach as part of the CEO gaming convention. Unlike the first show and the fourth show, which were instant sellouts with traveling fans, this show and the 7/13 show in Jacksonville are more local market shows, and probably more indicative of what a regular AEW show would do. The verdict is much bigger than any indie, bigger than Impact ever was, in popularity but not the level of WWE. They'll probably draw better than WWE would do for a house show both in Daytona Beach and Jacksonville, but less than what WWE would do for a Raw or a PPV. Daytona Beach was first set up for 3,000 in an 8,000 seat arena and that sold out, and they've opened up new sections. The ticket sales have picked up in recent weeks and we're told that there is a chance with a good walk-up that they will sell legit out. The hope was that they'll get a good walk-up from the gamers in town. Alex Jebailey, who is wrestling on the show, financed the 2018 show with New Japan that did 2,500 fans.
El Hijo del Vikingo is now in demand from every U.S. promotion it seems, since he'll have a visa soon enough and Impact, AEW and MLW all want dates with him
LAX's contract expires later this summer, which is a key one because their stock has been upped greatly over the past several months. There is interest from AEW and WWE for all the obvious reasons. AEW is big on the tag team division and WWE is big on signing everyone
I think another aspect for ROH is that the key guys here right now like Jeff Cobb, Bandido and Marty Scurll all have contracts that expire at or before the end of the year, and with WWE being so aggressive to sign anyone who can benefit anyone else, and all three being guys AEW may consider, there's no confidence those guys will be here in ROH in 2020. Plus, one has to think there's a very good shot that when the Briscoes deal is up that AEW would want them, because they are such perfect opponents for the Young Bucks

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Plus, one has to think there's a very good shot that when the Briscoes deal is up that AEW would want them, because they are such perfect opponents for the Young Bucks
Aren't the Briscoes kind of huge assholes?

Last edited:

RBH

Nov 2, 2017
Aren't the Briscoes kind of huge assholes?
Yes they are.

They wouldn't really fit with the whole "fresh" initiative in AEW either, so further reason for them to stay in ROH. I have no interest in them.

Bandido on the other hand is a whole different story

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Yes they are.

They wouldn't really fit with the whole "fresh" initiative in AEW either, so further reason for them to stay in ROH. I have no interest in them.

Bandido on the other hand is a whole different story
The Briscoes wrestled at All In, even after Cody banned other toxic assholes like Russo from appearing, so I wouldn't dismiss the possibility. Though who knows, Kenny and Tony Khan weren't involved in All In, so maybe they'd step in if the Bucks wanted to hire them.

Marty Scurll is obviously going to AEW the second his contract is up but I wouldn't be surprised if Cobb and Bandido re-sign with RoH solely so they can continue working NJPW. It's the entire reason why Bandido signed with ROH in the first place, turning down offers from WWE and AEW in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.