• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017

Both the video packages and cold openings have been nothing but first class. Very well produced, edited and great voiceover work. Has the big sporting event feel.

This shows card looks way better then last ppvs. Hyped for the women's tag match and triple tag match. But super looking foward to the Lucha bros and SCU match.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I'm excited about a wrestling event and have been keeping up with this one since Fyter Fest. This is the most I've followed wrestling in years. Feels good, man. Really hope AEW kills it with this show too.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
*L.A. Park knee dances into thread* I'm drunk at a party full of friends and ready for FFTF. Where that official thread?

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Didn't see news from any of the media scrums mentioned (a lot of content to view this weekend in general, I get it), so:

Brandi was asked about Scarlett Bordeaux. Says she likes her, and just because someone isn't signed there "yet" doesn't mean the door's closed on them for good
Dustin's not booked for All Out, already has a prior engagement scheduled anyway
Khan says there will be announcements on the TV stuff before All Out
Cody says their big non-TV events will usually not be this long, but he's glad that everyone was so engaged they didn't really leave despite the length
Jericho's promo was unscripted. First one he got to come up with entirely by himself in two decades

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Didn't see news from any of the media scrums mentioned (a lot of content to view this weekend in general, I get it), so:

Brandi was asked about Scarlett Bordeaux. Says she likes her, and just because someone isn't signed there "yet" doesn't mean the door's closed on them for good
Dustin's not booked for All Out, already has a prior engagement scheduled anyway
Khan says there will be announcements on the TV stuff before All Out
Cody says their big non-TV events will usually not be this long, but he's glad that everyone was so engaged they didn't really leave despite the length
Jericho's promo was unscripted. First one he got to come up with entirely by himself in two decades

YouTube clip for F4Wonline mentioned the same thing about no one leaving even after the final match and staying through the final promo, so the audience attention, even after the horrible conditions, is very strong. Seems outside of era, as usual, the ppv was a great success.

However, they do need to do something about the heat, or humidity. I do not mind nicely paced matches at all but you could tell things slowed down at times simply because the wrestlers needed to conserve energy to finish the damn match.

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I stan the Lucha Bros so very hard. They're so fun to watch, especially Penta Jr. Holy shit that dude just oozes charisma.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I stan the Lucha Bros so very hard. They're so fun to watch, especially Penta Jr. Holy shit that dude just oozes charisma.
Pretty damn happy it looks like they're going to close the book on Bucks vs Lucha with Penta/Fenix coming out on top since Lucha Bros aren't losing the AAA titles again so soon.

They deserve it. Hopefully its a clean victory, no BS.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Its a shame theres no intergender wrestling in AEW.

It would be fun to have to watch Shoko vs Marko with a magnifying glass.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
So, Wade Keller thinks the first episode of AEW on TNT will do between 1 and 2 million viewers. It would surprise me if they hit a million, but I hope he's right.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I'm looking at TNT viewership numbers and they're pretty quick to cancel sub-2 million shows, so I wonder what THEIR expectations are. :-/ Hope they give AEW a chance even if they don't hit 500,000 for episode one.
I believe its been rumored that TNT are looking for AEW to do about a 0.5 which should be very doable for them at the start.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
I'm looking at TNT viewership numbers and they're pretty quick to cancel sub-2 million shows, so I wonder what THEIR expectations are. :-/ Hope they give AEW a chance even if they don't hit 500,000 for episode one.
Ratings aren't the immediate goal, pushing fans to use B/R Live is and AEW's already been very successful on that front.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Seriously, they need to get a spot on Conan or something. Or get him to do a remote at a PPV maybe

Get MJF on as a guest lol

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
I hope so. My low-ball is 300,000 for the first episode, 500,000 is my "whoa. That's great," and 1 million is my "Hot damn."
I am an optimist and think that they will hit a 1.0+ rating on their first show. A lot of wrestling fans are already aware of their existence and so far they haven't shit the bed with their shows. I think that All Out will be an amazing show, and will carry the momentum for a 1.0+ rating, if only for the curiosity factor.

What I am REALLY interested in is the second show on TNT. I think that rating will be a better indication of where they will be moving forward. If they have, for example, a 1.2 rating for their dayview show and the second show does a 0.9, that would be an amazing feat.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I am an optimist and think that they will hit a 1.0+ rating on their first show. A lot of wrestling fans are already aware of their existence and so far they haven't shit the bed with their shows. I think that All Out will be an amazing show, and will carry the momentum for a 1.0+ rating, if only for the curiosity factor.

What I am REALLY interested in is the second show on TNT. I think that rating will be a better indication of where they will be moving forward. If they have, for example, a 1.2 rating for their dayview show and the second show does a 0.9, that would be an amazing feat.

We'll see. I'd looooove to see numbers like that, but given that Double or Nothing did 100,000 buys, I would be more than happy if they only passed 500,000 viewers for their first TV episode. Not that PPV buys equal TV viewers, but it's something to keep in mind.

I think I'll fork out some cash for All Out. Want to see AEW do well.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
We'll see. I'd looooove to see numbers like that, but given that Double or Nothing did 100,000 buys, I would be more than happy if they only passed 500,000 viewers for their first TV episode. Not that PPV buys equal TV viewers, but it's something to keep in mind.

I think I'll fork out some cash for All Out. Want to see AEW do well.
100k buys for a new promotion is an excellent number, and the way I see it is that a lot more people will check out the show on TV at least on their dayview episode because it is technically free.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
100k buys for a new promotion is an excellent number, and the way I see it is that a lot more people will check out the show on TV at least on their dayview episode because it is technically free.

For sure. 100,000 buys is really great. :) I really want them to keep doing well. Will be curious to hear buy numbers for All Out.

Did we ever get viewership numbers for Fyter Fest and/or Fight for the Fallen from this past weekend?

Nevermind, found them, at least for Fyter Fest:

"AEW's Fighter Fest drew an average of 140,000 viewers on the B/R Live streaming service. Over 350,000 viewers tuned in at some point during the broadcast. The promotion's streaming numbers was covered in a recent edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

"The show was considered a success on BR Live. The three-and-a-half hour broadcast averaged 140,000 viewers if you were to figure it like a television show," wrote Dave Meltzer. "There were a total of 350,000 different viewers during the course of the live show and those numbers likely increased significantly with replay viewing."

Last edited:

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
And these shows are taking place on a Saturday night, a day and time where wrestling fans are not used to watching wrestling. I think they should be very happy where they stand right now, and it will only get better with All Out and when TV starts.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if they hit 1 mil. They're a really hot promotion right now. Especially if they pull CM Punk out for All Out.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
For the first show, I wouldn't rule out 1mil as being possible. I don't think it's likely, but I didn't think TNT was likely, and I didn't think even their worst show pre-TV having at least three quality matches that I could consider among my MOTY was likely, so this definitely wouldn't be the first expectation they've exceeded

I'm going to say 2mil's impossible for the first show, and probably not happening in 2019 in general for them. Which is fine, they're still growing

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
I think it really depends on how big of a push they make for the first show and how much money TNT/AEW spend on promoting it/cross-promotion.

Without knowing that I can't make a guess.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
MJF on Conan the week before All Out will be a fantastic idea.
For reference:

Watching that video reminded me how fucking good MJF is. Miz I thought was one of the best egotistical heels in WWE, but MJF is just on another level. I could see him winning the whole thing, maybe once AEW has its momentum going.

Status
Not open for further replies.