• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
It depend of he still has the njpw contract
I don't think it matters if he still has a NJPW contract, it's not like Jericho's NJPW contract is going to stop them from putting it on him (or Moxley's AEW contract stopped NJPW from putting the US title on him).

My bet is the winner of Kenny vs Moxley will challenge Jericho for the title at the Q4 PPV. That should be Moxley, since he's a hot act and Kenny has cooled off massively since Wrestle Kingdom, and then Moxley should beat Jericho to win the title.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it matters if he still has a NJPW contract, it's not like Jericho's NJPW contract is going to stop them from putting it on him (or Moxley's AEW contract stopped NJPW from putting the US title on him).

My bet is the winner of Kenny vs Moxley will challenge Jericho for the title at the Q4 PPV. That should be Moxley, since he's a hot act and Kenny has cooled off massively since Wrestle Kingdom, and then Moxley should beat Jericho to win the title.
I mean the issue becomes do you want your champion your main guy losing in New Japan. cuz you have to worry about that with someone like Jericho who it's not going to beat a top guy. Little less so with some like Kenny

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mean the issue becomes do you want your champion your main guy losing in New Japan. cuz you have to worry about that with someone like Jericho who it's not going to beat a top guy. Little less so with some like Kenny

I assume Jericho has a lot of control over who he faces, what makes sense and when he makes appearances. But I've said it time and time again, I don't care what happens in NJPW other than in the context of NJPW. They're all TV shows to me with different universes.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
I assume Jericho has a lot of control over who he faces, what makes sense and when he makes appearances. But I've said it time and time again, I don't care what happens in NJPW other than in the context of NJPW. They're all TV shows to me with different universes.
Pretty much, though NJPW will at least acknowledge outside events because they're going for a more sports orientated product and want to have some legitimacy. Whereas AEW's going the WWE route and aren't acknowledging anything NJPW, including Moxley winning the US title.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He doesn't have say in who he faces. It preety up to gedo. And yeah while you don't care it clear that aew and njpw cares.

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

If Jericho's at WK, he's losing to Tanahashi. Jericho also has the option of no-showing the same way PAC did, and as much as NJPW protects its champions- they got no right to complain if Jericho pulls the same card with the AEW belt.

If NJPW wants a promotional war with AEW, I like both promotions, but I'd love to see a war with both sides talent raiding each other. It would be fun as hell.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Jericho's at WK, he's losing to Tanahashi. Jericho also has the option of no-showing the same way PAC did, and as much as NJPW protects its champions- they got no right to complain if Jericho pulls the same card with the AEW belt.

If NJPW wants a promotional war with AEW, I like both promotions, but I'd love to see a war with both sides talent raiding each other. It would be fun as hell.
Promotional war?if Jericho is not going to work with them they are just not going to book him.

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Like WWF vs WCW back in the day. AEW would be punching a bit above their weight class, but they share many of the same fans. NJPW has more talent than they can push too, I could see some of them going to AEW if the offer made sense/they wanted to go to America (SANADA has said he wants to go to America someday, and he speaks great English)

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
He doesn't have say in who he faces. It preety up to gedo. And yeah while you don't care it clear that aew and njpw cares.
Gedo makes the final call but he is open to suggestions so long as they don't impact his long term plans. Don Callis pitched Kenny vs Jericho for example and they made that happen, then Jericho wanted to work with Naito, Okada and Tanahashi and those are the three guys he's worked with or going to work with since then (plus Evil but that was part of the Naito feud).

The only winner in that scenario is WWE. If NJPW and AEW can't work together, they should leave each other the fuck alone.

And I don't think AEW could force Jericho to pull out of Wrestle Kingdom if he already has a contact with NJPW. Not to mention AEW doesn't want to be seen as the bad guy.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like WWF vs WCW back in the day. AEW would be punching a bit above their weight class, but they share many of the same fans. NJPW has more talent than they can push too, I could see some of them going to AEW if the offer made sense/they wanted to go to America (SANADA has said he wants to go to America someday, and he speaks great English)
That would be dumb for both companies.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Is Allie actually good?

I honestly can't tell becuase she's been put against the worst the division has to offer in her only two matches so far.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
It's about damn time that Hangman got to do a proper promo, and I thought it was great

Tully is an interesting choice to be a manager, and they can play up the Dusty/4 Horsemen history

It's also a good move that this episode was posted on AEW's official YouTube channel instead of Cody's YouTube channel (like all of the previous Road To episodes). First step toward consolidating all of the YouTube channels

It's also probably not a coincidence that the timing of this episode was Wednesday night at 8PM ET (foreshadowing for the TNT timeslot)

Tony Schiavone repeatedly saying "We" during the AEW Control Center segment was interesting

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
From this week's Observer newsletter:

Fight For The Fallen drew just under 5,000 paid. It wasn't completely sold out in the sense there were several hundred tickets put on sale in the last few days after production moved in and about 300 were left unsold. But the total in the building was more than the capacity it was set up for before the production kills were released.

A number of major executives with Turner were at the show live and came out of it with the idea from the packed crowd, and how over the talent was to that audience, that this was more impressive than they had thought.
Kylie Rae has been out of action. The situation has been kept quiet but it is a medical issue and she is expected back soon
Britt Baker suffered a serious concussion in a women's tag team match after being kicked in the head hard by Bea Priestley. Given the nature of the concussion, there is no word when she'll be recovered. But with the benefit of hindsight, the match should have been stopped and perhaps continued as a handicap match or a singles match. Baker was down for a while, and so out of it that she went to the wrong corner to tag out. She did come back later in the match for a hot tag spot.
Court Bauer said that in regard to rumors of Tony Schiavone with either WWE or AEW, literally hours before Schiavone debuted with AEW doing the Events Center on the Road to All Out, and after he had appeared on a video package during Saturday's show taped at Double or Nothing put together where he and Jake Roberts were two of the people talking about the Young Bucks vs. Rhodes Brothers match) that Schiavone has a two-year exclusive contract with his company and he returns in August. Fatu, who everyone knows about, also has an exclusive deal.

Last edited:

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
From this week's Observer newsletter:
It's so good to finally have some info on Kylie. I rather have her rest all the way to the first TV show in October and have Bea work with Britt (if she's recovered by then, which I hope she is) at All Out, and have that be one of the 3 women matches along with Kong vs Kong and (hopefully) Yuka vs Riho.

Loved the 1st episode of Road to All Out. Just seeing Schiavone brings a tear to my eye (he's my all time favorite match announcer), Hangman sold me with that promo and Spears just look in his element as the arrogant heel and Tully Blanchard as his adviser is just amazing TV waiting to happen. Not lost on me is the fact that Tully has a daughter who I've heard is quite good at wrestling and has a contract that's expiring just in time around next year's Double or Nothing.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
It's so good to finally have some info on Kylie. I rather have her rest all the way to the first TV show in October and have Bea work with Britt (if she's recovered by then, which I hope she is) at All Out, and have that be one of the 3 women matches along with Kong vs Kong and (hopefully) Yuka vs Riho.

Kylie's probably going to be devastated if she's not on All Out (it's in her hometown of Chicago), so I hope she's ready to do something there even if it's just running in and super-kicking Leva Bates and making her tap to the crossface.

Loved the 1st episode of Road to All Out. Just seeing Schiavone brings a tear to my eye (he's my all time favorite match announcer), Hangman sold me with that promo and Spears just look in his element as the arrogant heel and Tully Blanchard as his adviser is just amazing TV waiting to happen. Not lost on me is the fact that Tully has a daughter who I've heard is quite good at wrestling and has a contract that's expiring just in time around next year's Double or Nothing.

Tessa Blanchard's stepfather is Magnum TA, who's Cody's godfather and was really close with Dusty. And obviously she wrestled at All In.

AEW will need to cough up the money and pay Tessa since WWE will be after her, but there's some connections there.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Tessa Blanchard's stepfather is Magnum TA, who's Cody's godfather and was really close with Dusty. And obviously she wrestled at All In.

AEW will need to cough up the money and pay Tessa since WWE will be after her, but there's some connections there.

Meltzer has been reporting that WWE have been interested in Tessa for about 3 years... Yet she still went to Impact. If there's any interest there at this point from them and it wasn't just wrong information, it'll just to be to stop AEW.

Oct 25, 2017
Meltzer has been reporting that WWE have been interested in Tessa for about 3 years... Yet she still went to Impact. If there's any interest there at this point from them and it wasn't just wrong information, it'll just to be to stop AEW.
She has been pretty awful backstage until she went to Impact, seems she's getting a lot more mature about how she conducts herself and doesn't bully the shit out of others anymore.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Could tell straight away Britt was concussed in that tag match, should have definitely been changed to something else and got her to the back.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Tessa would be a huge get for AEW. She's super young and very good in-ring and can compete believably against wrestlers like Awesome Kong and whatnot. Definitely a better choice for the top women's division star than Britt Baker as well (and that isn't an insult to Britt Baker in the slightest).

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Tessa would be a huge get for AEW. She's super young and very good in-ring and can compete believably against wrestlers like Awesome Kong and whatnot. Definitely a better choice for the top women's division star than Britt Baker as well (and that isn't an insult to Britt Baker in the slightest).

Tessa v.s. Kylie in 2020/2021 could be a legendary feud in AEW at their current rate of improvement. Their 3-match series was already pretty good in Zelo Pro and they have fantastic chemistry. Also would love a tag team run from them.

Last edited:

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Is Allie actually good?

I honestly can't tell becuase she's been put against the worst the division has to offer in her only two matches so far.

No, she really isn't. It's why I've called the AEW women's division a tale of two bookers, because with a few exceptions (Kong, Nyla, and Kylie), the American women talent is poor, like 90's/early 2000s level poor. Then you have the Joshi talent (Hikaru Shida, and I include Bea Priestly and Sadie Gibbs in this group) who are phenomenal talents.

iiicon

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
No, she really isn't. It's why I've called the AEW women's division a tale of two bookers, because with a few exceptions (Kong, Nyla, and Kylie), the American women talent is poor, like 90's/early 2000s level poor. Then you have the Joshi talent (Hikaru Shida, and I include Bea Priestly and Sadie Gibbs in this group) who are phenomenal talents.
Sadie Gibbs is very green to be fair. I believe she's only been wrestling for a little over a year. She's super athletic and able to pull off ridiculous spots in the ring though. She's probably best used at the moment in multi-women tags or 3/4-way matches right now while she continues to train and gain more experience. I'm also not that high on Priestly as a singles competitor. Some of that might be sour grapes about her winning the Stardom title from Kagetsu, who really was able to have good/great matches with just about everyone on the Stardom roster. That's not to say Priestly is a bad wrestler, and she more than held her own in the tag match at Fight for the Fallen, just that I'd hesitate to put her in a class with Shida, Riho, Sakazaki or any of the other joshi stars at the moment.

I do agree with your broader point. I haven't seen much of Britt Baker, Brandi Rhodes, Allie or post-injury Leva Bates that made me think their matches are must-see experiences.

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That Hangman promo, whew.

Also glad we're finally getting some news about Kylie. Come back, queen.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
It's almost like a 7 day old Insta post wasn't an entirely-accurate thing to judge

I'm not sure I'm seeing the problem with the post. I hadn't seen it until it was posted here and just saying she's not taking indie bookings. Is there something more that they implied that I'm missing? Was news to a few of us and Meltzer confirmed she's out because of medical stuff.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.