• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I think Jericho makes a good point about the difference between WWE and AEW right now. WWE likes to 'groom" talent into working a certain way and younger talent will stay in developmental all the way until their late 20's or early 30's and it's like their golden years are already gone. There isn't any young "heartthrobs" anymore, so I think AEW is targeting that demographic with a largely younger roster. Tessa would fit this bill quite nicely since she's only 23 and is fresh into the business while also being so freakishly talented at the same time.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017

I realized that this is the type of move you make in TEW/TNM or one of those wrestling simulator games a few minutes ago. Pretty brilliant.

Is Blanchard trying to leverage employment for his daughter in AEW? I figured that WWE would be more logical given the marquee value of a Charlotte Flair vs. Tessa Blanchard.

Both AEW & WWE would be very interested no matter who her dad was since she's really good.

Anyway Tessa's only just turning 24 in a week so she's got time to work a few years in AEW and then still be ~28 if she wants to go to WWE.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Is Blanchard trying to leverage employment for his daughter in AEW? I figured that WWE would be more logical given the marquee value of a Charlotte Flair vs. Tessa Blanchard.
While I personally hope Tessa to go to AEW... this seems like a weird jump to make. I don't think she needs leverage in anything considering they already love working with her. All In was evidence of that.

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
While I personally hope Tessa to go to AEW... this seems like a weird jump to make. I don't think she needs leverage in anything considering they already love working with her. All In was evidence of that.

Five years from now, do you think there will be genuine parity in quality women's wrestling between WWE and AEW? I know WWE's not putting out a bad product for the sake of it, but it's so entrenched in its current model that I don't want any genuine talent to wind up on any of its rosters right now, and the proof is in the pudding as to if WWE's fortunes will improve with Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff producing their flagship shows.

I know this may seem trite, but I like that AEW seems to treat their women wrestlers who don't physically conform to WWE's "diva" model like Awesome Kong and Nyla Rose, if for no other reason than the canary in the coalmine rule. You know they'd be made into punchlines in the WWE.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Five years from now, do you think there will be genuine parity in quality women's wrestling between WWE and AEW? I know WWE's not putting out a bad product for the sake of it, but it's so entrenched in its current model that I don't want any genuine talent to wind up on any of its rosters right now, and the proof is in the pudding as to if WWE's fortunes will improve with Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff producing their flagship shows.

I know this may seem trite, but I like that AEW seems to treat their women wrestlers who don't physically conform to WWE's "diva" model like Awesome Kong and Nyla Rose, if for no other reason than the canary in the coalmine rule. You know they'd be made into punchlines in the WWE.
I just mean assuming Tully doing something on her behalf. She doesn't need the help. She'll go where she wants. Wherever is providing what she wants when she's ready.

The other stuff seems whatever because a lot of what AEW will be remains to be really seen and to call anything now is premature.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Step one: Hire her dad.

Step two: Make the non joshi part of the division look more attractive and more appealing by never letting Leva or Brandi wrestle ever again.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
AAA is about to start on Twitch now (10pm Eastern) and will feature Cody Rhodes, MJF, and Pentagon on the card among others:

Spanish stream (the better stream in terms of commentary and video/audio quality): https://www.twitch.tv/luchalibreaaa
English stream: https://www.twitch.tv/luchalibreaaa_en

D_x6CMwXoAEl8hH

Last edited:

Deleted member 31199

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
So no matter what anyone says, I am definitely becoming a fan of MJF. As a heel, I cannot remember the last time I have laughed that hard.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
No more talk about it? Figure there would've been a bit of chatter here, unless there's another thread.
Edit: Damn it, just turn it on and hear someone coming out to the Immortals' MK theme. I wish you could rewind live Twitch streams :(

RBH

Nov 2, 2017
No more talk about it? Figure there would've been a bit of chatter here, unless there's another thread.
Edit: Damn it, just turn it on and hear someone coming out to the Immortals' MK theme. I wish you could rewind live Twitch streams :(
Just starting now. Gonna be tough for me to watch it for too long due to the late start time

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Most general wrestling talk is handled in the thread RBH linked to.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
The hangman promo is excellent stuff, his look and his skills, even though I think they are good, can improve but the fact he can cut a damn good promo at his age is great.

I can definitely see, and agree, an to extent to hangman not being ready for the belt, but I do think he won't be the first, second or even third person to hold the belt. I think they will slowly, but surely build him up to be one of the top guys over a long period of time.

Oh and:

Edit: Hah, MJF is so over he needs 2 links for his signing!

The Struggler

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 3, 2019
I want a CM Punk and MJf exchange so freaking bad.
If punk comes to AEW the first fued he has should be MJF while on television. It would be a huge way to get MJF over with people who dont know him. The promos back and forth would be fucking epic and MJF could use punks current failure mma run to get lots of heat. It would be an amazing way to start a televised program

RBH

Nov 2, 2017

Omega's theme is starting to grow on me............

Aeron

Oct 27, 2017
It's a damn good entrance theme, wouldn't listen to the lyrical version outside of his entrance but cheesy lyrics are common for entrances.

I mean, Cena has been coming out to such lines as "brush ya mouth like Colgate" for over a decade now.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017

Omega's theme is starting to grow on me............

I really dig it. Some entrance themes are quite good (e.g. Darby's, Best Friends's and Cody's) but most others need work, especially Private Party and The Dark Order. And we still need more volume on the sound feed to really get a good feel for the themes.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Kenny Omega's theme has only gotten better over time.

The "ARE YOU READY FOR THIS" overlapping with the announcer yelling Omega is just ...

swedish_chef.jpg

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Kenny's AEW theme is good on its own, it's only when you compare it to Devil's Sky that it seems a bit shit. He went from a 9/10 to a 7/10.

RBH

Nov 2, 2017

Maybe we'll see PAC at All Out..........

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of intros, I like Shawn Spears intro from Fight for the Fallen, but I wish they'd release the audio already.

You can sort of hear it here

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Calling it -- He'll be in the title match since him and Page have unfinished business. They can bullshit it as a contract already signed that PAC gets his match w/ Page.
Please let this happen. Page isn't ready yet but making it a 3 way with PAC would make it really interesting and the stories for Hangman with PAC or Jericho coming out of losing that match could give him something good to work with for TV.

RBH

Nov 2, 2017

Glad that shoots down the possibility of them popping up in AEW

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Meltzer said on WOR there's some very early signs things might be starting to thaw between AEW & New Japan. Doesn't mean they're on the cusp of a deal but something positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.