• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I kind of thought we'd get this match on the first TV show, but they're pushing it off a couple weeks- guess it makes sense from an attraction standpoint, the first week sells itself.

I'm interested to see what approach they take. My expectation is that the winner of Omega/Moxley is the first #1 contender. Would they have Jericho drop the belt to either of them that quickly, or does the match end in some sort of shenanigans that sets up a chase that culminates at the year end PPV?
They are doing the women's championship the first night.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
They are doing the women's championship the first night.

True. I wonder if they would have the women main event the first show, or does the men's six man tag (which probably features the first men's champ in Jericho).

Hopefully we get news of matches for A Boy and his Dinosaur and MJF at All Out in the next couple of episodes.

I imagine there's about 2-3 more matches to be added:
-A women's match to determine the other part of the first championship match on 10/2
-Something featuring the tag division (including Boy and his Dino)

It's possible that MJF is involved in the Cody/Spears match instead. He's been used pretty prominently in the build-up. Maybe he corners Cody in that match, if it's not Arn.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nice. Can't pull any punches for that first month of TV. Expecting Mox vs Jericho or Cody vs Jericho.

Also doesn't sound like there's going to be another PPV to build to for the rest of 2019 after All Out, so expect to see lots of "PPV worthy" matchups on TV.

Hopefully they don't use all their big matches before the PPV after All Out

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
I read somewhere recently that there are plans for four PPV next year too. I think that makes sense. Frankly, with how important TV deals/braodcasting rights have become, the old PPV model doesn't make as much sense anyway so it'd be better if they're not having to save everything for PPV. But I like having a few big events to build towards. I can't for the life of me understand why WWE still bothers to do monthly PPVs.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
Best Friends are fucking amazing. Hope they become the first AEW Tag champs. I would also have Britt or Hikaru as the first women's champ and Jericho the first AEW World champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.