• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
Oh absolutely, I think most have been assuming the title stipulation since the match was announced. I wonder why they didn't declare the stipulation at the same time?

I see it was Meltzer who confirmed the stipulation.
Most likely they want to be on the news cycle, especially this week leading up to All Out. I expect a media flurry this week seeing that this will be the last time we see them perform before TV starts.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Fenix injury watch 2019
After imagining Pentagon back in the main title hunt card for AEW all i can think now is that Fenix and Pentagon need to permanently bring on a third and form a stable like how Stronghearts and SCU do. Bring in Laredo Kid, run 3 mans a lot, but eventually push Fenix and Laredo as the tag unit so that Pentagon can get back to breaking arms in the heavyweight singles.

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
After imagining Pentagon back in the main title hunt card for AEW all i can think now is that Fenix and Pentagon need to permanently bring on a third and form a stable like how Stronghearts and SCU do. Bring in Laredo Kid, run 3 mans a lot, but eventually push Fenix and Laredo as the tag unit so that Pentagon can get back to breaking arms in the heavyweight singles.

Catchphrase Man doing Cero Miedo for five minutes at the start of every match is not something I would look forward to.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
I love Penta so very much, but SparkleMotion is right. Fenix is the one to push.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Finishing up Fight for the Fallen again today. Really hope Jericho has been hitting DDP yoga daily going into All Out. He looks gassed just talking.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Man, Cody is a great babyface. He's energetic, capable in the ring, and plays to the crowd.

How would people feel about him being in the title picture? And how soon would you put him there? Would you put him there at all? Or just put him in to have a match and lose to put a champ over?

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I shit on Brandi a lot but I feel weird looking at everybody dog pile her on twitter..

Fuck. Is this what a conscience feels like?

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Man, Riho vs. Nyla Rose vs. Yuka Sakazaki at Fyter Fest was so goooooooooood. I liked it the first time I saw it, but watching it with some distance from the event makes me like it all the more. Such a well-designed match that showcased Nyla while getting over the creativity and ring intelligence of Riho and Yuka.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Man, I shit on Brandi a lot but I feel weird looking at everybody dog pile her on twitter..

Fuck. Is this what a conscience feels like?
She shouldn't be even close to the title picture in the first place but yeah, the dogpiling sucks.

Man, Cody is a great babyface. He's energetic, capable in the ring, and plays to the crowd.

How would people feel about him being in the title picture? And how soon would you put him there? Would you put him there at all? Or just put him in to have a match and lose to put a champ over?
Eh, Cody's a weird babyface because he still has the same old heel spots in his matches.

That said, I'm not against him being in the title picture like some of the other posters in this thread but I'm also in no rush to see him in there. That said, with Moxley out of All Out, I guess I wouldn't be opposed to Jericho vs Cody at their Q4 PPV. Kenny should beat Pac but I think they should be kept him away from Jericho for a while longer.

Deleted member 35217

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2017
I mean I'm sure they knew what the responses were going to be to that tweet. Brandi is fantastic at a lot of things but has no business near the title picture.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

Any of the elite guys could fit in the title picture. they are stupidly over and will always be stupidly over.

I think there's a good chance Jericho wins the title and they do a Jericho/Cody title match at an upcoming PPV or TV. they've been building that feud for a while.

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I'm with you , you are not alone.

R1fdEt3.gif

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
I love Pentagon (especially his Lucha Underground stuff), but Fenix is the better of the brothers.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Adam Page hasn't clicked for me yet, his promos feel forced and corny. Maybe I need to see him in a very physical match with Jericho to change my mind about him. I don't get people saying he's going to be a big star, he's just a generic face so far

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Adam Page hasn't clicked for me yet, his promos feel forced and corny. Maybe I need to see him in a very physical match with Jericho to change my mind about him. I don't get people saying he's going to be a big star, he's just a generic face so far
I feel the same way. Seems like a guy who should be going for an Intercontinental belt instead of their main championship belt.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel the same way. Seems like a guy who should be going for an Intercontinental belt instead of their main championship belt.

Exactly, Jericho was saying having him in this match makes him an instant star, but for me it all feels out of place. A legend vs a guy most people have never heard and looks like a baby face jobber from the 90's

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like they are probably going to put the strap on Jericho, to set him up to put up Mox or Omega as the top face, which would make sense. Could then let Adam Page build himself back up credibly as sort of the scrappy underdog chasing the title. Put me in the category of people that think Page has potential, but he ain't at that level yet, especially not with some of the other established talent currently on the roster. Pushing him that hard now runs the risk of turning him into AEW's Roman Reigns.

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Seems like they are probably going to put the strap on Jericho, to set him up to put up Mox or Omega as the top face, which would make sense. Could then let Adam Page build himself back up credibly as sort of the scrappy underdog chasing the title. Put me in the category of people that think Page has potential, but he ain't at that level yet, especially not with some of the other established talent currently on the roster. Pushing him that hard now runs the risk of turning him into AEW's Roman Reigns.
Yeah. At his level right now he should be feuding with MJF, Janela, Allin and Havok for a midcard title.

RoninRay

Oct 28, 2017

People really started to get in behind him because he had a great g1 last year. It was a great surprise but then you have to remember the insane amount of talent he was facing in the g1 can make a lot of people look good.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
At this point whether he's ready or not, I actually think they might be putting the title on Page and not Jericho. Jericho is the safer move but I imagine they are willing to try it with Page. If for some reason they do go with that at least the title matches should be more interesting given what the main event scene looks like now. That's the only upside I could see though.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Fyter Fest was a really fun show. I think fans rated it lower because of comparing it to Double or Nothing, but in a vacuum it's a ton of fun and has a lot of memorable moments.

CIMA vs. Daniels (workmanlike opener with smooth and impressive wrestling)
Yuka vs. Nyla vs. Riho (awesome booking and spots throughout)
Havok vs. Jungle Boy vs. MJF vs. Page (a fun car crash match)
Cody vs. Darby (/w Spears chair shot...and Allin taking bumps for the industry)
The Elite vs. Lucha Bros. and Laredo Kid (Street Fighter intro and typically great spots with these guys)
Moxley vs. Janela (fun garbage match)

This show was better than Wrestlemania this year.

Heretic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Why is Moxley highly regarded still? His move set was pretty boring in the WWE. Casual fan, btw.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Why is Moxley highly regarded still? His move set was pretty boring in the WWE. Casual fan, btw.
i think the thing with him is there's a lot of excitement around the potential he represents. Guy just gout out from underneath a toxic employer and world is his oyster. That's something people really click with. It'll be interesting seeing him find where his ceiling is and fun watching him rediscover his style now that there's less restrictors in place..

Status
Not open for further replies.