• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
DvoTplsUcAA3qTH.jpg

Always

That can be arranged

#TeamChoke

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Ziggler was a big mark hero and people used to get mad at me on the old site for making fun of him, what changed?

there was a time where he was a top 5 worker in wwe. very dark times.

since then wwe has signed damn near everyone under the sun, performers that they won't even think about signing back in 2008. so at this point ziggler is not even top 40 when it comes to workrate in the company

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Ziggler's last flirt with relevancy was late 2014 after his being the sole survivor at the Survivor Series to get rid of the Authority ended up meaning absolutely nothing I think most of us gave up. Not that I cared that much about Ziggles in the first place but that was pretty much the "he's done" point I think.

Axiom

Oct 25, 2017
Ziggler also suffers from the fact he cuts a really good 'this is my last chance, this is my moment finally!' promo but has cut it so often and had it not mean anything each time.

You kind of just stop paying attention, like the wrestler who cried wolf. That and as mentioned, he does great work but it doesn't stand out like it did on a roster like this.

Jericho is my favourite wrestler of all time, I'll watch him wherever he goes...unless he's planning to sing instead of wrestle.

Nightside

Oct 28, 2017
Nakamura will have to go back to pretty much how he wrestled in NJPW if he was going to AEW, and it's pretty obvious that he doesn't want to do that.

Guy just wants an easy career with surfing and water towers.

If ALL IN is an indication of what style of wrestling AEW are going for, doesn't seem to be "too much strong style". And AEW may require less dates then wwe.
Anyway the paycheck stuff is quite interesting.
I was hyped and knowin MJF is there I'm even more hyped

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
You know the concept of bear wrestling always fascinated me.

I realize that was probably people playfighting with trained tame bears, but someone must have been mauled to death at some point.

Anyway, yeah I glanced at All In and it should be athletic, but man I'm already missing that NJPW camera work. Not gonna lie.
Im gonna guess they were declawed and you can see they have a muzzle so it would just be the strength they have to worry about.

Really horrific to think about really.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Im gonna guess they were declawed and you can see they have a muzzle so it would just be the strength they have to worry about.

I'm pretty sure a bear could kill a man with just the power of a paw strike.

But this thread ain't about bears, it's about AEW.

Unless AEW sign a bear.
... Are those penises?

Is that Joey Ryan throwing a man with his dick?

Alright sign a bear, why not.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
I really liked the period at TNA when they had only few PPVs per year. The buildups were more meaningful, and PPV matches were high stake.

Hopefully AEW will not rush to fill out the year with PPVs.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm pretty sure a bear could kill a man with just the power of a paw strike.

But this thread ain't about bears, it's about AEW.

Unless AEW sign a bear.

... Are those penises?

Is that Joey Ryan throwing a man with his dick?

Alright sign a bear, why not.
We all witnessed his res-erection on All In.
The Hangman page match at All in and the reveal of Joey Ryan was the highlight for me and was the epitome of why wrestling is great.

You had a brutal street fight with some very tough spots, followed up by a murder weapon being brought out only for the dead man to be resurrected and brought out by a phalanx of penises.

It really was a rollacoaster and shows that wrestling can be both super serious and super silly all in one section and still pull it off.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017

Yes. They were also often liquored up, and some of them were horribly treated by their handlers.

Most of the wrestlers hated having to do it, but they were often put into a position by the promoters where they didn't have much choice.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
The Hangman page match at All in and the reveal of Joey Ryan was the highlight for me and was the epitome of why wrestling is great.

You had a brutal street fight with some very tough spots, followed up by a murder weapon being brought out only for the dead man to be resurrected and brought out by a phalanx of penises.

It really was a rollacoaster and shows that wrestling can be both super serious and super silly all in one section and still pull it off.
I guess Hangman could not deal with the hung man.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like some of y'all over compensate for how wrestlers feel. For all we know Luke Harper is more than happy to be in WWE. They've stood by him with his injuries and gave him short title shots in different ways. Not like the dude is out on Twitter making vague commentary on things.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like some of y'all over compensate for how wrestlers feel. For all we know Luke Harper is more than happy to be in WWE. They've stood by him with his injuries and gave him short title shots in different ways. Not like the dude is out on Twitter making vague commentary on things.
Indeed.
Friend of mine yesterday was hopping at the idea of Finn and Nak making the jump.
And I'm just thinking "you mean jolly Finn Balor who looks happy to simply be there each week and king of coast style getting by just fine?"

I think some views put too much stock in if someone is holding or has held the main belt or not.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
I'd imagine most of WWE wrestler is happy they still in contract even if doing nothing tbh. Better than work like horse from stage to stage.

Hexagon

Oct 27, 2017
British Columbia
My first assumption is that a pro wrestler for WWE would rather have more than two (house show) matches since last September, but I guess I can't say for sure how he's feeling.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
I mean, I would be fine getting paid for not working, but I wouldn't be fine not working. I like having a career and improving myself.

If I could go somewhere else and actually work on my career while still getting paid (even if it means taking a pay cut), I'd do it. There's more to a job than the paycheck.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just read the details and this new league sounds great. I hope they do well and give the WWE some competition and force them to give better conditions for their wrestlers too.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Is this going to be wrestling aimed at children or will it be edgier material like WWE used to be?

The one show they've done so far had a murdered man summon an army of men dressed as giant penises to carry away a defeated Hangman Page. I don't know which side that leaves them on.

We starting pretty much as a ppv company?

Talk is of a TV deal with a weekly show (Tuesday Night Dynamite) as well as the PPVs.

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The one show they've done so far had a murdered man summon an army of men dressed as giant penises to carry away a defeated Hangman Page. I don't know which side that leaves them on.

That one spot where Hangman Page grabbed his dick and Joey flipped him by flexing/throwing his hip had me dying. That part alone had me feeling like it was 40$ well spent.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
That one spot where Hangman Page grabbed his dick and Joey flipped him by flexing/throwing his hip had me dying. That part alone had me feeling like it was 40$ well spent.

That whole match and aftermatch penis stuff was so so good. Hangman is amazing. I'm super excited for what he does in AEW. PAC feud?!

Status
Not open for further replies.