• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Before the Smackdown review, the Post Wrestling Podcast went over AEW news.

They confirmed people were initially being prevented from entering the arena with AEW shirts. WWE then quickly reversed it's decision once the backlash hit hard online. John & Wai interviewed one of the guys turned away initially, who then spoke with security later on video and confirmed the story.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Are they going to have Taz on commentary?

I would imagine they'll try to get the All In commentators (Don Callis, Excalibur). Excalibur is probably a lock. Callis is really good friends with Jericho but is running IMPACT and doing color commentary for New Japan, so he's got some things on his plate.

I don't think they can get Ian Riccaboni from ROH, so that's where Ross or someone else (Mauro Ranallo's contract is supposely up after April) probably slots in as lead PBP.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Before the Smackdown review, the Post Wrestling Podcast went over AEW news.

They confirmed people were initially being prevented from entering the arena with AEW shirts. WWE then quickly reversed it's decision once the backlash hit hard online. John & Wai interviewed one of the guys turned away initially, who then spoke with security later on video and confirmed the story.

Yeah there's a video on Twitter that Wai shared that the guy secretly filmed. Security telling him 'sorry, you're now allowed in. Sorry about all of that'. Basically confirming that the security were told not to allow them in and they reversed it.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
Ziggler was a big mark hero and people used to get mad at me on the old site for making fun of him, what changed?

One time at an older job, I looked under a discarded desk and found a tin can of popcorn that had been there for three years. That popcorn still wasn't as stale as Dolph Ziggler. He's an HBK wannabe whose only strength is over-selling IMO. I haven't watched the product lately but I used to groan whenever one of my favs would get saddled with him in a feud.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Ziggler was a big mark hero and people used to get mad at me on the old site for making fun of him, what changed?
People back then expected Ziggler to evolve out of his NuHBK state, but he never did. Hell, HBK himself even called him out on that during one of those Austin podcasts.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
That whole match and aftermatch penis stuff was so so good. Hangman is amazing. I'm super excited for what he does in AEW. PAC feud?!
It was so entertaining, and the commentary also played a huge part in that. Them commenting on Page coming to the press conference and admitting he killed Joey and them wondering why he wasnt in prison had me cracking up. Also them questioning if it was a good idea for him to bring the murder weapon to the show and decide to use it against his opponent was great too.

Usul

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Dune
I don't know if it's just me from watching televised, but feels like you actually see less kids in the crowd compared to Attitude / RA Era. The girl to boy ratio is a lot closer too now than it was then, which is obvious why.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know if it's just me from watching televised, but feels like you actually see less kids in the crowd compared to Attitude / RA Era. The girl to boy ratio is a lot closer too now than it was then, which is obvious why.
It makes sense once you realise the average age of WWE's viewers is over 50.

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Someone posted this on FB

YgKiMo0.gif

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
if you go by reddit, they stopped watching tv and watch wwe on youtube so they never lost the audience.
I am down to watching Highlights and PPVs. I held on to RAW for pretty damn long but eventually....I tapped. I do go to a lot of live events. Making more money off me now than when I watched religiously.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
One time at an older job, I looked under a discarded desk and found a tin can of popcorn that had been there for three years. That popcorn still wasn't as stale as Dolph Ziggler. He's an HBK wannabe whose only strength is over-selling IMO. I haven't watched the product lately but I used to groan whenever one of my favs would get saddled with him in a feud.

source.gif

Ziggler became an even bigger black hole over the last two years in particular, NXT callup? Ziggler feud! having a red hot run on an otherwise dire stretch of 2018 Raw? time for the Ziggler feud!

At least I feel vindicated for personally concluding back in 2012 that Ziggles smelt and he popped the same damn whiny promos whenever given the chance.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was Joey Ryan ever funny to anyone outside of SoCal dudes that write for Uproxx or whatever?

At best he might have elicited a smirk in like 2012.

ninjabot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ziggler's last flirt with relevancy was late 2014 after his being the sole survivor at the Survivor Series to get rid of the Authority ended up meaning absolutely nothing I think most of us gave up. Not that I cared that much about Ziggles in the first place but that was pretty much the "he's done" point I think.

Fans like me are the reason he'll always get tv time as a gatekeeper. I'll never give up on him.

Ever.

EVER!

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Jeff Gerstmann opened up the news section of this week's Giant Bombcast by talking about All Elite Wrestling, and it's pretty cool to see how excited he is for it.

It's also pretty telling when you can get Jeff excited about something in the world of wrestling these days.

Oct 25, 2017
Jeff Gerstmann opened up the news section of this week's Giant Bombcast by talking about All Elite Wrestling, and it's pretty cool to see how excited he is for it.

It's also pretty telling when you can get Jeff excited about something in the world of wrestling these days.
That's great to hear, hope it means the return of their wrestling podcast in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.