• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

All Elite Wrestling announced; bankrolled by Tony Khan, son of Jacksonville Jaguars and Fullham FC owner Shahid Khan

Oct 25, 2017
Crossposting from the main wrestling thread:

Meltzer says Jericho's deal is for three years, and "the most lucrative deal he's ever signed". He's also able to work NJPW and his cruise.
ohhhhhh man

I wonder if they can land Ibushi with a similar deal. I bet the "Here's a shit load of money.... and you can still work New Japan" contract is going to be very tempting.

Oct 26, 2017
ohhhhhh man

I wonder if they can land Ibushi with a similar deal. I bet the "Here's a shit load of money.... and you can still work New Japan" contract is going to be very tempting.
I think Ibushi just does not like signing contracts. He is too much of a free spirit for that. I could see him arriving to an accord with NJPW and AEW to do both.

Oct 25, 2017
Winnipeg
I'm currently being cautiously optimistic in my hopes for AEW being the catalyst to reignite my and my wife's passion in pro wrestling which has been waning in the last few years what with Lucha Underground fizzling to shit and WWE becoming a complete slog to get through outside of PPV's and NXT events.

I think seeing some new faces as well as some old (wife loves Jericho to pieces) in a new atmosphere with hopefully better booking could be what we're looking for.

Oct 25, 2017
Tony Khan needs to get on ol' Stone Cold's podcast

WELL GOD DAMN SON YOU'RE SAYIN YOU'RE PUTTING STORYTELLING BACK IN THAT OL 20 BY 20 SQUARED CIRCLE. WHAT'S THE CREATIVE HERE TONY

Nov 13, 2017
That says Jericho can work NJPW, but does that mean NJPW will work with him while he's under contract to another promotion? They don't have anything for Jericho right now, right?

Oct 25, 2017
That says Jericho can work NJPW, but does that mean NJPW will work with him while he's under contract to another promotion? They don't have anything for Jericho right now, right?
I was under the impression Jericho had a deal with the WWE when he did the Omega match last year. I could be wrong about that though.

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they'll get a TV deal on a channel that's worth a damn. Or, if it'll be like NJPW, MLW, Impact, and LU and on some no name channel with like 8,000 viewers. Like, does getting TV mean anything if it's just one random channel among thousands?

Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Wrestling cool again? Not when they continue to book stuff like WWE if not even cringier.
I have no doubts about the technical quality it will have or the match quality, but the entertainment so far, at least on All In, BTE and the Rally was WWE to the bone and I don't really like that.
Penis druids and mascot segments are more cringy then cool. Hope they will be a bit more different here in the end.

Oct 27, 2017
Very interested to see how AEW do. If there's a way to watch from outside the US, which I assume there will be, I'll be watching.

The hype made me want to check out All In, but at $40 or £38.99 here (that conversion rate, ouch) the price is kinda high. Maybe it's standard price in the US but even before the network WWE PPVs were £15-£20 here. I apparently have $17 in "Fite credit" so I thought oh cool, £23 or so, I can deal with that. Nope, apparently the entire thing has to be paid for with credits or you get no money off at all. Bizarre system really.

Hopefully it will get a price cut eventually.

Oct 27, 2017
Wrestling cool again? Not when they continue to book stuff like WWE if not even cringier.
I have no doubts about the technical quality it will have or the match quality, but the entertainment so far, at least on All In, BTE and the Rally was WWE to the bone and I don't really like that.
Penis druids and mascot segments are more cringy then cool. Hope they will be a bit more different here in the end.
I've never seen the version of WWE that's as fun as All In. Even NXT's thing is just "good wrestling" but I wouldn't call it fun.

Oct 27, 2017
I'll agree with this.

Hopefully they dump the dumb dick humor come time for a TV deal.

Oct 27, 2017
Very interested to see how AEW do. If there's a way to watch from outside the US, which I assume there will be, I'll be watching.

The hype made me want to check out All In, but at $40 or £38.99 here (that conversion rate, ouch) the price is kinda high. Maybe it's standard price in the US but even before the network WWE PPVs were £15-£20 here. I apparently have $17 in "Fite credit" so I thought oh cool, £23 or so, I can deal with that. Nope, apparently the entire thing has to be paid for with credits or you get no money off at all. Bizarre system really.

Pretty sure All In is still apart of NJPWorld and that's still ~$10ish a month. Plus you get New Japan out of the deal. Worth.

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure All In is still apart of NJPWorld and that's still ~$10ish a month. Plus you get New Japan out of the deal. Worth.
Oh wow, I didn't realise that! Going to check now, thanks for the heads up. ~$10 a month for All In and WK13 would be an absolute bargain.

Edit: It is indeed, just signed up now. Thanks!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
ohhhhhh man

Ibushi doesn't need money. He'll do whatever he finds fun. If he works for them it'll probably be without a contract.

There is also that thing where he doesn't like going overseas because he always gets lost though, dunno if that will impact his decision lol

Oct 27, 2017
wee don't even know how us fans not at the arena going to watch it. Gotta wait for more info.
If they do move into the wwe format of one or two TV shows a week and a PPV at the end of the month, wonder how they're going to handle the PPV component.

Because getting people to commit to $39.99 shows a month is probably going to be a tough sell for people who were weaned on the WWE network's pricing.

Oct 25, 2017
Tony Khan needs to get on ol' Stone Cold's podcast

WELL GOD DAMN SON YOU'RE SAYIN YOU'RE PUTTING STORYTELLING BACK IN THAT OL 20 BY 20 SQUARED CIRCLE. WHAT'S THE CREATIVE HERE TONY

If he promises that at least one wrestler will use a DDT as his finisher Stone Cold will be on board.

You can watch it via New Japan World, which costs about £7.50 per month. I would highly recommend you do that, and not just to watch All In!

EDIT: Ahhh, just saw your other post :)

yuraya

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hope they don't sign an actual tv deal with anyone.

Do like a netflix or hbo streaming deal instead or something like that. I can't give anymore shit for local or cable tv. Its nearly impossible to stomach RAW with all the ads.