• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luschient

Oct 30, 2017
I'd be surprised if Ziggler goes to AEW. Seems like he might want to give his "comedy" career a real shot. Looks like he's been adding more dates for his comedy tour deal.

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I'll say this here, too.

If AEW could get 2013 Dolph Ziggler in terms of workrate, it would be a huge get. He wrestles today like a man beat down by the industry. A change of scenery could jumpstart him again.

ninjabot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love Dolph, and I don't for a second think all of his wrestling woes in the WWE are his fault. I think he's a good enough worker that the kinda talent he'd be working with in AEW if he joined, would result in some 5-star matches, which would potentially result in a push.

Also, Mike and Maria Kanellis asked for their release, and The Revival asked for their releases Monday night while still in gear apparently. So things are looking up for AEW IMO.

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
It would be interesting to see Ziggler wrestle with control over his matches and not a WWE agent. I'm curious to see what an "indy" Dolph Ziggler would look like.

ninjabot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ziggler seems pretty serious about going full time with his whole right-wing comedian thing. So it's not out the question he'd take a lower payday to wrestle a handful of matches a year and put some guys over.

Wait, Right-wing?

God dammit. All the Ziggler stanning I've been doing didn't take this into account.

...shit.

Deleted member 35217

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2017
It's a good time to be a wrestler. A lot of money on the indie scene and the WWE will pay you double that to keep you away from it. If Ziggy's passion is something else now it makes sense for him to leave WWE so he can dedicate more time to it and still make good money on limited dates.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Apparently The Revival's contract likely goes until 2020 (with most NXT callups signing 3 year deals), which is a bummer. Might get an extended freeze out like they did with PAC.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Just read the bit about Vince now telling independent wrestlers that he'll offer double of whatever other offers they're getting. Shit is getting heated.

Chindogg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI
Wait, Right-wing?

God dammit. All the Ziggler stanning I've been doing didn't take this into account.

...shit.

You never saw the Gadsden Flag on his trunks?

5JXVBSd.jpg

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
If theres a god in this world, Ziggler will stay far away from AEW.

Let him go fuck off into stand up comedy limbo.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
I've never seen his jokes, not sure if he's doing right-wing comedy jokes, but he's definitely someone who leans right. I think he even tried for a gig on Fox News?

He's had appearances on Fox News, and regulary does stuff on their business network. He's also defended Trump countless times.

He's basically the "I'm totally an independent, but I somehow exclusively vote and support Republicans" dudebro incarnate.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
i do think there's a good chance ziggler is just working and vince is about to offer him a $5 million deal because he's fucking terrified

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
After the Bandido situation, WWE has made it clear, at least for certain people, that they will beat anyone's offer for talent, although they did not do so in the case of Chris Jericho. WWE has told people if you can show on paper an offer from another company, they'll beat it, even double it on the spot provided you sign immediately.
-Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Good time to be an indy wrestler right now

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Aren't WWE going to eventually run into the problem that they're going to stockpile a lot of guys they got nothing for or might not have a real eye for and then that just builds resentment over time?

I mean, hey, if you're getting paid well, fuck it right? Sign the paper.

But still.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Aren't WWE going to eventually run into the problem that they're going to stockpile a lot of guys they got nothing for or might not have a real eye for and then that just builds resentment over time?

But still.

I think that's the point. They are trying to starve out competition. They don't give a fuck about the fact that they'll have nothing to do with these guys.

RBH

Nov 2, 2017

But still.
You could make an argument that this is already happening.

Basically similar to what WCW was doing during the first couple of years of Nitro.

It's also why I'm interested to see for how many years these new WWE signings are locked in for.

Sep 26, 2018
It's just show WWE don't care about wrestling bussiness. Good for talent for getting paid but wreslers know wwe will be paying alot of money so they will be asking stupied kind of money and it's will cause trouble in the lockroom. I see this going mess for wwe.

ninjabot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Better to have 'em and not need 'em than to need 'em and not have 'em. Because you prevent the competition from building their ranks.

Sep 26, 2018
Giving wrestlers more money just to join nxt for 3 years it's just going to cause more problems in lockroom on the main rosters.

RBH

Nov 2, 2017
With all of this money being thrown around now, can't help but think about the possibility of it creating some resentment among the people already on the roster in terms of their salary.

Viper is supposedly singing with NXT UK for a salary that already exceeds all the other women on that roster, just because AEW showed interest in her. Have to think that a few people may not be too happy about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.