• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

I wonder if the tone of this series is what they want for a potential weekly show. I prefer this show for building matches as its more serious.

Also I wonder what other womens match or matches there will be. Yuka and Aja Kong still don't have anything so there should at least be one more.

Last edited:

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
CODY VS BATISTA BROTHER

giphy.gif

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I really wish The Road to episodes were longer.

I love BTE but this is the kind of stuff I want to see more of in the lead up to DON.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish The Road to episodes were longer.

I love BTE but this is the kind of stuff I want to see more of in the lead up to DON.

The show's 102 days away so it'd be awkward to have them be longer at this point.

I'm already a bit concerned as to what they'll do over the next 3 months to keep some momentum.

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Looking at the Starrcast lineup, maybe Cody will face off versus Kevin Sullivan? That could be interesting given family history.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Looking at the Starrcast lineup, maybe Cody will face off versus Kevin Sullivan? That could be interesting given family history.
I'm pretty apprehensive about putting anybody on the card that old. Or Dustin who is getting up there but probably still under contract at wwe anyway.

Mission statement of the card should be all wrestling fresh as hell.

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
The show's 102 days away so it'd be awkward to have them be longer at this point.

I'm already a bit concerned as to what they'll do over the next 3 months to keep some momentum.

We don't know who Aja Kong and Yuki are facing, or Sonny Kiss, MJF, Jimmy Havoc, Joey Janela, or Joey Ryan. Plenty of matches yet to announce and build up.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I am kind of bummed they're not going to do more ticket party type stuff but they've got BTE and this to keep things going with announcements, vignettes and such.

As long as they keep poking the fire through there, I'm fine with that.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
We don't know who Aja Kong and Yuki are facing, or Sonny Kiss, MJF, Jimmy Havoc, Joey Janela, or Joey Ryan. Plenty of matches yet to announce and build up.
Janela is probably not going to be cleared by then. The card is already getting crowded so I don't know what the others will do. So far the matches seem to be

Kenny vs Jericho
Bucks vs Lucha Bros
Page vs. Pac
Cody vs. ???
SCU vs OWE
Brit vs Kylie vs Nyla

There's at least 1 more womens match since Yuka and Aja aren't in one yet. Not sure if it will be vs each other or something else. That puts us at 7. I could see 1 more match besides that so maybe another battle royal for the leftover men.

Match should be fun but christ those twitter comments are horrible. Feel bad that Nyla has to put up with that crap.

Edit: Did they photo shop Kylie's ring gear in that photo? Thought that gear had a Pikachu face lol. I'd understand why but though that that was funny.

Last edited:

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Oh so he is more Vince than Ted

On Jericho's podcast today he said he's already told Cody/Bucks/Jericho/Omega "no, we can't hire them" for some people that are very talented. He wants to have a plan for everyone on the roster and for talent to be different and provide something additive that isn't already on the roster. Khan doesn't want to repeat WCW's mistakes of having a ton of people on the roster they're not doing anything with that they hire just for being talented.

Last edited:

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
On Jericho's podcast today he said he's already told Cody/Bucks/Jericho/Omega "no, we can't hire them" for some people that are very talented. He wants to have a plan for everyone on the roster and for talent to be different and provide something additive that isn't already on the roster. Khan doesn't want to repeat WCW's mistakes of having a ton of people on the roster they're not doing anything with.

It's going to be interesting when they clash.

Hopefully Khan never gets to the point where he thinks he's more crucial than they are.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
It's going to be interesting when they clash.

Hopefully Khan never gets to the point where he thinks he's more crucial than they are.
Or becomes an on air authority figure.

On Jericho's podcast today he said he's already told Cody/Bucks/Jericho/Omega "no, we can't hire them" for some people that are very talented. He wants to have a plan for everyone on the roster and for talent to be different and provide something additive that isn't already on the roster. Khan doesn't want to repeat WCW's mistakes of having a ton of people on the roster they're not doing anything with that they hire just for being talented.
Its going to be interesting to see what the final roster looks like.

Right now, I think its about twenty or so.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
RIP Joey Ryan.

Seriously though, he's the first guy I thought of because while he may be really good friends with the Elite, I just can't see him fitting in with the approach they're apparently going for.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Considering even cameramen are beating up Joey Ryan, they might be doing that.

He's busy getting out of his Lucha contract first either way.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the general sale tickets were gone in 2 minutes.

EDIT: officially 4

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
RIP Joey Ryan.

Seriously though, he's the first guy I thought of because while he may be really good friends with the Elite, I just can't see him fitting in with the approach they're apparently going for.

They could do something like what LU did for him and change a bit his character. He could even be Sonny Kiss tag partner as they worked well as a trios on LU.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Really hype interview with Khan.

Tony is saying all the right things. Really eager to see what DON and the TV show is going to be like.

If they hold true to what they're promising/saying, could surprise a lot of people who are just expecting TNA 2.0.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017

Tickets sold to all 50 states + Canada, UK, Mexico, Australia, Costa Rica, Finland, Germany, Panama, Austria.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Trying to book a 20k seat arena seems like the next logical step for the one after DON.

Will be interesting to find out where their attendance roof is going to be for these events.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to book a 20k seat arena seems like the next logical step for the one after DON.

Will be interesting to find out where their attendance roof is going to be for these events.

It sounds like they had 45,000 requests for tickets before they sold out. Obviously not all 45,000 got through and were able to purchase.

Now we can't say for sure if all 45,000 were going to buy, how many were scalpers, etc.... but that was all in like 30 minutes. We still have 3 MONTHS to go before the show.

They need to make Memorial Day weekend and Labour Day weekend shows a yearly thing. It's been a grand slam.

Deleted member 35217

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2017
That Tony Khan interview with Chris Jericho is a fun listen. Hard to be patient waiting for the product to come along.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Would have been hilarious if they had booked Kylie against her.

"Oh my god, I'm so happy to be working with y.."

*SMASH*

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

Not a big fan of this. Reading the Observer doesn't mean he knows who should and shouldn't be hired.

Status
Not open for further replies.