• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You would think Fox News would be Mcmahon land.

"This just in: New AEW wrestling promotion looking to revive the black plague and inject fans with it during a may sporting event in plot to destroy America."

"This just in: AEW poisoned our water supply, burned our crops, and delivered a plague onto our houses"

Deleted member 35217

Banned
Dec 3, 2017
Usos have been a highlight of Smackdown for the last couple of years. Would be a great addition to the AEW tag division. These random alcohol troubles are a bad look though.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
yea me too. As long as they don't make them out to be a huge deal like TNA would normally do.
Usos are like the only realistic people AEW could get from the company currently that I'd love to be made a huge deal. It'd be a real boon to the tag division, beyond the incredible match potential of Usos/Lucha Bros and Usos/Bucks and Usos/Best Friends

pavaloo

Oct 25, 2017
I would love to see an untethered uso bros in aew, those guys can go hard and only seem to get better

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
DTzFzjiU0AARFLv.jpg

A E DUB A E DUB

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FUCK JUST LEARNED PENTAGON JR. IS HAVING MATCH THIS THURSDAY IN MY HOMETOWN! TICKETS ONLY 20!

I'm too hype...

Gonna be my first live show ever.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
They manged this whole Christopher Daniels storyline without actually bringing Britt into it once. They just mentioned her.

Shes been waiting her whole life for that angle. smh.

Deleted member 35217

Banned
Dec 3, 2017
I watched Sammy Guevera's AEW VLOG this afternoon. I haven't seen Sammy, Sonny or Kylie wrestle yet but they all begin as incredibly over with me. Tons of positive personality. There's nothing earth shattering here but people like me that are starved for AEW content should check it out.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Chris Jericho's interview with Meltzer on WOR was pretty enjoyable

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Sporting News interviewed the Bucks http://www.sportingnews.com/us/wwe/...hodes-chris-jericho/zse6uvq7157v1sot8uxcch0yw

Nick said:
I know I've told Matt and I've told Kenny and Tony that I'm giving my career to this project. So, however long my career lasts, I'll be here and Tony sees it just like that as well. He's already talking 10, 15, 20 years from now, still running this thing. We're in it for the long-term. We want this to succeed. We want this to be big and we don't see it failing.

When it comes to weekly television, if and when that happens, what is ideal for you? Some people say it's an hour or two hours. We even have a three-hour show on TV. What in your mind is ideal for a wrestling show in the 21st century?

NJ: Definitely not three hours, that's for sure. I feel like three hours is too much. You get into a problem where you overexpose your talent and some people get tired of the talent you use because you're using them so often. A three-hour show, that's a long time. We do our mini-series on YouTube and it's 15 minutes once a week and people seem to love that. We can't do a 15-minute TV show or something like that. I think the sweet spot would be 1-2 hours at most.

MJ: I feel like in the 21st century, professional wrestling shows are best when they're live because everybody wants to watch a sporting event live. They want it to be happening right before their eyes because they don't want to have to read the results later. I think being live is very important to help with the must-see aspect. That's one thing I would love to have. And then, I don't know? What is the best option? Is the best option to have a monthly special, so you're just doing one big one a month or is it weekly? That's a good question.

There's so many different options and different ways to go about this. Like Nick said, it feels like we've picked our time every week pretty specifically, it's 15, sometimes 20 minutes a week and we give each character a little bit of a spotlight. Sometimes, each character isn't even on every week. And that's OK; they don't forget. I don't feel like every single character has to be on every week or every show. I feel like we don't want to shove each of the talents down our throats because then it's like I've seen enough of this guy already and then you grow tired of him. I feel like we're going to try and be mindful of that very thing.

Matt said:
With the press conferences we just give the guys bullet points and we don't write them a script. We say 'Hey, say this and get to this point.' Again, it's the same thing with our show ('Being the Elite'), we really don't write scripts. It's really loose. I think we're going to use a lot of the same things that have worked for us in the past that have succeeded and try to do that.

Understandably, if we end up doing a live television show or pay-per-view or whatever, it's going to be a little bit different because it's all timed. It has to hit a certain time. It's all new to us and, like Nick said, we're going to try our best not to micro-manage and not to filter too much because the artist knows what their songs want to sound like. We're going to let them play their music.

Matt said:
For me, it's so hard because it's been such a sprint. It's hard to believe that the Tokyo Dome (Wrestle Kingdom 13 on Jan. 4) was literally last month because so much has happened since that day. I don't know. It's like my life has been on fast-forward. I'm just moving from event to event, from call to call and my entire life has become AEW. It's almost impossible to sit back and relax and to take a breath because we're so busy with this thing; hyping it, promoting it, and getting ready for it. I don't know if it's hit me yet to be honest with you.

When we sold out, I'm like 'Great, we sold out! What's the next thing?' I can't even enjoy that. I'm thinking about the next show, which we've already announced, our idea of doing one in Jacksonville, so now we're trying to get that one all secured. It's hard with the position we're in. You always have to think about what's next. And it's hard as a person because I really want to take a second to take it in and to go 'we're doing something really special right now.' I know that in 10, 20, 30 years from now, I'll look back and I'll go 'Man' ... maybe then I'll truly realize what we've done here.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
At your most recent press conference, you announced that Kenny Omega is coming on board with AEW as talent and as an executive vice president. Was there ever a point where you were concerned that he would not be joining AEW?

NJ: Nah, we knew the whole time.

MJ: I'll tell you this right now: Kenny was the missing piece. I talked earlier about how Tony called me originally and got on the phone with him and he told me we need Kenny. We need The Elite. I need the best wrestler in the world and I need the best tag team in the world. That was it. Originally, it started as the three of us and then Cody later came on board. We kind of had to sell him on it because, in wresting, and he's probably heard a million stories about startups and billionaires investing in wrestling and we all have. We finally, the three of us, got him on board and once he was on board, he was all in and here we are.

Very interesting that at least how the Jacksons are telling the story, Kenny was fully on board with AEW before Cody even was convinced to be a part of it.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
I watched Sammy Guevera's AEW VLOG this afternoon. I haven't seen Sammy, Sonny or Kylie wrestle yet but they all begin as incredibly over with me. Tons of positive personality. There's nothing earth shattering here but people like me that are starved for AEW content should check it out.

Sammy comes off as pretty likeable (atleast for a youtube vlogger) on his videos but holy shit can he be terrible in ring. Technically fluid high flying guy but no real concept of putting a match together. He was god awful in DDT, and worked a few matches centered around the Japanese wrestlers being racist against him because he was white.

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Sammy comes off as pretty likeable (atleast for a youtube vlogger) on his videos but holy shit can he be terrible in ring. Technically fluid high flying guy but no real concept of putting a match together. He was god awful in DDT, and worked a few matches centered around the Japanese wrestlers being racist against him because he was white.

He's the definition of "like me because I can do flips".

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean like I said, he worked matches based around Japanese people being racist against him, so he clearly already borrowed a few pages from Kenny's playbook

That is just DDT. It can be a fun promotion but at the same time it can be one of the most problematic wrestling promotions. They can be really bad when it come to racism (blackface), sexism (perverts mens molesting womens), some of their gay characters / wrestlers have the gay mens molest other mens awful stereotype and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.