• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 35217

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2017
I haven't followed wrestling in like 2 years. Is TNA still relevant ?

Very little relevance. You can watch them on Twitch since they've been bumped down to a hunting channel (Pursuit) that few get. Their stories and in ring have improved the last few years but the brand is too damaged.

Talk is Jericho dropped this morning where he talks about the move to AEW.

Deleted member 35598

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
Very little relevance. You can watch them on Twitch since they've been bumped down to a hunting channel (Pursuit) that few get. Their stories and in ring have improved the last few years but the brand is too damaged.

Talk is Jericho dropped this morning where he talks about the move to AEW.

Jesus ! That's bad ! What the hell happened ? I hope this time around it works AEW. But even Ted Turner could not do it.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
For All In, they got Dillon Spears to do a cover of Joey Janela's theme song (ProtoVision by Kavinsky). I wonder if Dillon is up for doing original theme songs, as he may be a potential sneaky hire for AEW in order to create theme songs.

And here's the entrance theme for Joey Janela from All In that was just released to the public today:

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
The new Talk is Jericho where he outlines everything that's happened to bring him to AEW is super interesting...there's a great summary of it in the WrassleERA thread...def. worth a listen if you have the time.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they're not giving them a last ditch "look? See? We do value you!" push in an attempt to get them to stay because I highly doubt they're going to go for it.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
I haven't followed wrestling in like 2 years. Is TNA still relevant ?
WrestlingInc said:
In numbers available on SullyGnome (a Twitch statistics and analysis website) for the 7 day period of January 8th-14th, IMPACT Wrestling peaked at 10,422 viewers (at some point on Friday night). The channel is programmed nearly 24/7 and over 155 hours in the last week averaged 318 viewers for a total watch time of 51,662 hours. IMPACT gained 4,816 followers for the week (and now has 67,320 followers on the platform).

IMPACT was the most watched program in the Wrestling category. In comparison, AAA was ranked second. The AAA promotion had no specific destination programming this week but did stream 144 hours of content. It peaked at 194 viewers and averaged 60 viewers with a total watch time of 8,731 hours.

Over the last 365 days, the most watched 5 promotions were the following:

1. IMPACT
2. AAA
3. Rocky Mountain Pro
4. House of Hardcore
5. Capitol Wrestling

None of that is a typo. They went from a constant million TV watchers in 2010 (Jan 4 2010 even had 2.2mil), to a few hundred thousand TV watchers last year, to ten thousand Twitch viewers this year. Turn out the lights

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they're not giving them a last ditch "look? See? We do value you!" push in an attempt to get them to stay because I highly doubt they're going to go for it.

I can't imagine anyone would believe that am emergency push out of nowhere is a real push in the WWE. The number of start stop pushes in general probably cannot even be counted.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Listening to the Jericho podcast and while the promo stuff ("you could argue Jericho is better than ever" "Im a better wrestler than I was in my 30s") is pretty obvious, the rest is interesting. Its all marketing but I appreciate seeing how Jericho does business.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing TNA still limping on with as far as they've fallen is just tragic to me.

Yeah, I hear its doing alright qualitywise these days but its days are numbered and it'll never be what it was once.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I dont see Revival leaving, theyre finally starting to get some buildup, I do agree theyre a bad fit for the main roster since their matches need time for the audience to really get invested but seeing how theyve been injured a lot I dont think theyre in the mindset to leave for now.

Gallows and Anderson though? Yeah I would not be surprised to see them jump ship ASAP

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017

Not surprised in the slightest. They aren't the most charismatic guys but they proved in NXT that they can become the pillars for rejuvenating the tag team division on the main roster and WWE fucked up in that. You know AEW will come out them with some money and the promise of being one of the cornerstones in their promotion.

Oct 25, 2017
I think it'd be foolish to spend real money on the Revival. They're injury-prone and aren't very charismatic. They let the ring work speak for themselves which isn't a good mix for injury-prone teams. That, and you don't have anyone who would be a good "fit" to fill in if one of them gets hurt again.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Not surprised in the slightest. They aren't the most charismatic guys but they proved in NXT that they can become the pillars for rejuvenating the tag team division on the main roster and WWE fucked up in that. You know AEW will come out them with some money and the promise of being one of the cornerstones in their promotion.

The 2/3 falls match with DIY is one of the best tag matches i've seen in the past decade. 5 stars everywhere.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
After Vince just gave Lawler a new contract with a raise, I'm pretty sure they fear losing ANYONE right now

Deleted member 17658

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

AEW will be chopping at the bits for them. Yeah I agree, their not terribly charismatic with good characters but they are very talented hands who can be easily used to make top tag teams who you wanna build up look good. But WWE (Vince) has never cared about tag teams so them leaving wont bother him, I'm sure HHH will be bothered however.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I think it'd be foolish to spend real money on the Revival. They're injury-prone and aren't very charismatic. They let the ring work speak for themselves which isn't a good mix for injury-prone teams. That, and you don't have anyone who would be a good "fit" to fill in if one of them gets hurt again.

You're wrong. And they have old school charisma.

And they aren't injury prone. Freak incidents. Each got injured exactly once.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I could listen to Jim Cornette talk forever. He's fucking nuts.

Get him on commentary or something.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
One of the Bucks tweeted just the word "Bar" so it seems like they might be doing a surprise appearance for Bar Wrestling, which makes sense as it's Joey Ryan's promotion and they're good friends with him.

And SCU are booked.

Bet they announce Joey as playing some part with AEW, even if it's just Double or Nothing.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
One of the Bucks tweeted just the word "Bar" so it seems like they might be doing a surprise appearance for Bar Wrestling, which makes sense as it's Joey Ryan's promotion and they're good friends with him.
They might have deleted the tweets then because they didn't want to get people's hopes up that it was AEW related.

Status
Not open for further replies.