• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
For those that missed the memo the OWE partnership is gonna be a major hit once they show it off.
OWE isn't just CIMA in china doin his thing with no talents. OWE actively recruits its wrestlers from Shaolin. Yes fucking shaolin. They are training the Shaolin to perform their stuff as wrestlers.

Seriously guys...OWE is gonna rock the shit outta matches running some of their guys out there for AEW. This is what those shaolin boys turned wrestlers get up to in the ring.

And yes they actually do legit wrestling, pacing, storytelling in the ring etc. What did ya think CIMA kept all his experience to himself in the locker room?
Just wait till you see Gao Jingjia and his insane vertical. Dude is like a chinese Ricochet.
Here's a link to a TON of the roster to browse
Enjoy the gif storm.

1wueZdC.gif
Ylp9dul.gif
YkjoXsT.gif
YbQDKfS.gif
wTiNN6A.gif
6AzYWtr.gif
8zZxcMk.gif
Z7QOgtB.gif
Hi8gLR2.gif

BTW...some of these look sped up. Fun fact...they're not.

The OWE partnership is probably the thing I'm the most hype for.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Dave's audio podcast with Kenny is up

"New Japan was the 3rd best option, the other 2 companies [AEW and WWE] were more excited to have me"

4 year AEW deal signed, he made sure his contract would allow him to do New Japan if that relationship ever comes together and they want him back

Ibushi has committments with his wrestling school in Japan but he expects him to show up in AEW at some point, just not at Double or Nothing
Surprised that NJPW was his third option. WWE must have offered him a massive deal. I guess that's not too surprising really lol.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
For those that missed the memo the OWE partnership is gonna be a major hit once they show it off.
OWE isn't just CIMA in china doin his thing with no talents. OWE actively recruits its wrestlers from Shaolin. Yes fucking shaolin. They are training the Shaolin to perform their stuff as wrestlers.

Seriously guys...OWE is gonna rock the shit outta matches running some of their guys out there for AEW. This is what those shaolin boys turned wrestlers get up to in the ring.

And yes they actually do legit wrestling, pacing, storytelling in the ring etc. What did ya think CIMA kept all his experience to himself in the locker room?
Just wait till you see Gao Jingjia and his insane vertical. Dude is like a chinese Ricochet.
Here's a link to a TON of the roster to browse
Enjoy the gif storm.

1wueZdC.gif
Ylp9dul.gif
YkjoXsT.gif
YbQDKfS.gif
wTiNN6A.gif
6AzYWtr.gif
8zZxcMk.gif
Z7QOgtB.gif
Hi8gLR2.gif

BTW...some of these look sped up. Fun fact...they're not.

Last one is sped up. The others aren't, though.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Last one is sped up. The others aren't, though.
I stand corrected. My bad. I ended up with one in the bunch. Had to get that Headkip to the gut though from Monk. Him and the monkey king gimmick partner are awesome together. Honestly one of the better talents is that "Mr Cool" character who I put the gif of his intro up. Guy does some fast and very smooth spots out there with multiman segments. I get the feeling they'll really draw some fans. Its like a chinese Roppongi 3k thing.

MoonScented

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just want them to have a good streaming service that's available on all major devices; Apple, smart TVs, gaming systems. My biggest gripe with NJPW is that I have to hook up my laptop to my tv every time I want to watch it.

The Last Laugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 31, 2018
I just want them to have a good streaming service that's available on all major devices; Apple, smart TVs, gaming systems. My biggest gripe with NJPW is that I have to hook up my laptop to my tv every time I want to watch it.
Get a chrome cast. I cast NJPW to my tv all the time because it has it built in.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The average wrestling fan isn't who they should target, said fans are fickle as all Hell. They should go for the mainstream. As for writing, Kaz and The Bucks ran gorilla at All In, and Daniels was an agent/producer in ROH. They've got that covered.

They should be offering something which combat sports fans would want to watch. Something MMA fans can watch without thinking its some phoney joke.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017

Brandi's media scrum has some cool information. Sounds like Kenny Omega is the one who is handling the communication with the Joshi wrestlers since he's bilingual. Some more details about how the pay scale works. Definitely sounds like there will be at least 2 women's matches on Double or Nothing (might be 3). Likely no women's title until later in the year when they can build to it.

Also F4W put up a bit of Meltzer's interview with Kenny

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
More fun OWE stuff. Zhao Yilong who wrestles as the monk who uses Shaolin Iron Head kung fu showing off his skills learned from the temple he trained at in China (no its not a gimmick. Yes he was in Shaolin)

Also Gao Jingjia showcasing his insane leaping ability. He's from the gif last page vaulted flat footed over the rope in a leap to do a stomp. I dont remember if they call him Flowing King or Floater. His gimmick is his incredible acrobatic leaping.

I fully expect that from OWE we will see CIMA, Lindaman but after that its a tossup between Gao Jingjia and a handful of others to be honest. Theres a LOT of talent in their locker room waiting to be shown off. They have multiple tag teams as well.

Last edited:

Lonewolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
More fun OWE stuff. Zhao Yilong who wrestles as the monk who uses Shaolin Iron Head kung fu showing off his skills learned from the temple he trained at in China (no its not a gimmick. Yes he was in Shaolin)

Also Gao Jingjia showcasing his insane leaping ability. He's from the gif last page vaulted flat footed over the rope in a leap to do a stomp. I dont remember if they call him Flowing King or Floater. His gimmick is his incredible acrobatic leaping.

I fully expect that from OWE we will see CIMA, Lindaman but after that its a tossup between Gao Jingjia and a handful of others to be honest. Theres a LOT of talent in their locker room waiting to be shown off. They have multiple tag teams as well.

Those two will be break out stars in the US if given the chance, in my opinion.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
kenny says it's in his contract that he is free to wrestle for new japan at any time. he thinks there's still more for him to do there.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I want to slap every dumb fuck want this fail right across their dumb fuck faces. It's one thing to be pessimistic but not wanting WWE to have what's possibly and potentially the first serious competition they've had in nearly 20 years which will benefit everyone, like what the fuck is wrong with you?

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yo the replies on that tweet are great. It's like people want this to fail before it even gets started.

There are a lot of people blind to the ratings decline of WWe claiming that the product is great, those same people do not want to believe that there will be another major national promotion. Company loyalty is blind.

Deleted member 31199

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Makes sense as his profile is still on NJPW and Jericho's

The bucks and Cody are not.

Either way I hope NJPW x AEW is incoming

Also Marty please sign up then flip also

Didn't Cody voice his opinion about not being higher up on the last WK card? I believe the Bucks did but I feel Cody did as well. Kenny hasn't been as harsh.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Listening to Tony Khan on WOR now, he says he wants AEW's women's division to be like WCW's cruiserweight division and steal the show. Will have talent from all over the world.

They have different business models planned out depending on how they do. Will do international shows. Doesn't want to do "hundreds" of shows a year. Says they will have the best work-rate in the world.

Also sounds like Keith Mitchell is employed and putting together a production team.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017

Starting at 3:38, their answer to the AAA question gives you the impression that they'll continue to try to work something out with NJPW in the future.

It's going to be really fascinating to see how NJPW does in the U.S. over the next year beyond the MSG show, especially with their Dallas show in July at the American Airlines Arena. Their recent shows in LA, Charlotte, and Nashville did not really put the company in a good light due to the visa issues, and to be quite frank, ROH's roster (even with their recent additions) is still fairly weak in my eyes and will not boost the NJPW shows as much as The Elite alone did. Depending on how AEW does, it may cause NJPW to reverse course.

Sid

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
IMO AEW need to make more big signings like AJ Styles, Kevin Owens etc. to truly make an impact. This is a good start and I hope they continue signing major players.

Last edited:

Strangelove_77

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are a lot of people blind to the ratings decline of WWe claiming that the product is great, those same people do not want to believe that there will be another major national promotion. Company loyalty is blind.
It's not that people are pro-WWE as much as it's people being anti-obnoxious fans.
For example :
wJLkx6v.jpg

That's from the Kenny Omega thread. The company hasn't even had a single show yet. It's obvious trolling.
Most people that watch WWE criticize the shit out of it. It's almost on the verge of hate-watching. It's not brand loyalty. It's just watching and hoping it'll get better but mostly it's watching the car crash.

I can't wait til that first AEW event gets a shit ton of viewers and people declare that AEW is WCW level competition for the WWE. As successful as AEW will become, I truly think it'll be a success, WWE won't make its product better due to competition. It's what we all hope, but I doubt it. I don't think Vince cares considering the guaranteed money they get no matter how bad or good the shows are.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Makes sense as his profile is still on NJPW and Jericho's

The bucks and Cody are not.

Either way I hope NJPW x AEW is incoming

Also Marty please sign up then flip also
Well the Bucks and Cody were never signed by NJPW in the first place, they were loaned to NJPW by ROH.

I think the best we'll get between NJPW and AEW are one-off's like Jericho and probably Kenny who have NJPW clauses in their contracts and are big enough stars that NJPW will make exceptions for them. But others like Hangman, Cody and even the Bucks won't be as lucky (which really sucks in Hangman's case, cause he improved massively the longer he was in NJPW).

Their recent shows in LA, Charlotte, and Nashville did not really put the company in a good light due to the visa issues
I don't think anyone's blaming NJPW for those issues, so I doubt it'll hurt them. That's all on Trump.

No Kenny, Cody or the Bucks will definitely hurt their next US tour though but we'll have to wait and see. Even with those guys, they were making a lot of mistakes with their US shows last year (like having Kenny vs Cody a hundred times instead of proper NJPW main events), so there was a ton of room for improvement.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
By all accounts they had 12k requests by 11PM the night the presser happened/announcement was made, with it only being up for a little over an hour by that point. I can definitely believe it more than doubled that 24 hours later

The problem is Meltzer assumes all of those people will eventually buy tickets. He also thought New Japan could sell out huge arenas based on the number of people who tried to get tickets to their first US show. There's always some people who are curious but don't actually buy.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
I don't think anyone's blaming NJPW for those issues, so I doubt it'll hurt them. That's all on Trump.

No Kenny, Cody or the Bucks will definitely hurt their next US tour though but we'll have to wait and see. Even with those guys, they were making a lot of mistakes with their US shows last year (like having Kenny vs Cody a hundred times instead of proper NJPW main events), so there was a ton of room for improvement.
There were a lot of people on Twitter at least (fwiw) that delivered blame toward both NJPW and Trump together. It's obviously hard to say for sure if NJPW messed anything up on their part as far as starting the visa process too late or something like that though. I was referring more to how NJPW didn't get ahead of the story and announce ahead of time that there were visa issues, as they instead announced the cards for the three shows (containing almost zero Japanese talent) and didn't put out any sort of statement until half a day later. A lot of the circumstances surrounding the whole situation were obviously externally applied, but like I basically said, it didn't put the company in the best light and give off the best first impression when the shows in Nashville and Charlotte were basically their initial ventures into those particular markets.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Listening to Tony Khan on WOR, it sounds like the top of the roster is effectively done, with no big names left to announce (except for whenever wwf contracts come due I suppose). I'm extrapolating this from him sounding kind of defensive when Dave asked him about who they were still looking at signing.

Should be deep enough if it's an hour show for sure.

Deleted member 17658

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Listening to Tony Khan on WOR, it sounds like the top of the roster is effectively done, with no big names left to announce (except for whenever wwf contracts come due I suppose). I'm extrapolating this from him sounding kind of defensive when Dave asked him about who they were still looking at signing.

That interview was kinda weird... Tony sounded defensive about every question asked and made sure to repeat certain phrases. I nearly wanted to keep track of how many times he said "we have great guys/gals"

Deleted member 17658

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I will give Tony credit. I nearly shed a tear when he flexed his Mid-South, Memphis knowledge especially with Magnum TA/Mr.Wrestling 2 angle which is my all time favorite story-line in wrestling.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017

I got the impression from the interview that they're mostly done in terms of (announced) top names for Double or Nothing, not that they were done for TV in the fall. As you heard, they want to build a lot of their own stars up.

Status
Not open for further replies.