• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
He is there biggest draw after Oakda and Natio
Uh, Tanahashi?

Omega's definitely a big draw (albeit a distant fourth biggest IMO) but at the same time, if negoations don't turn out well, NJPW will be fine. If NJPW can recover from losing Nakamura, AJ Styles and Karl Anderson in the same month, then losing Kenny isn't the end of the world.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just realized what AEW should do about the WWE shirt situation. Release a shirt that has the logo on the front and back of both the outside and the inside of the shirt.

Oh, you want me to turn it inside out?

JK-Money

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Glad they landed Jericho, he is one the THEE wrestlers that can reinvent himself every time he shows up and always gets over with the crowd. His last one with "drink it in mannnnn" and best friends with Kevin Owens was awesome

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Uh, Tanahashi?

Omega's definitely a big draw (albeit a distant fourth biggest IMO) but at the same time, if negoations don't turn out well, NJPW will be fine. If NJPW can recover from losing Nakamura, AJ Styles and Karl Anderson in the same month, then losing Kenny isn't the end of the world.
[
In what world is Kenny Omega a 4th distant draw. The man was one of the biggest draws in the company. I can tell you that the biggest match last year was it Kenny Omega. Like he was a bigger draw than AJ ever was and a way way way way way bigger job and Karl Anderson was don't know why you put him on the list. And in order for New Japan to make in moving of America they need Kenny.

Last edited:

Chindogg

Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI
[
In what world is Kenny Omega a 4th distant draw. The man was one of the biggest draws in the company. I can tell you that the biggest match last year was it Kenny Omega. Like he was a bigger draw than AJ ever was and a way way way way way bigger job and Karl Anderson was don't know why you put him on the list. And in order for New Japan to make and moving of America they need Kenny.

The entire NJPW push into the US was on the backs of The Elite. With them gone, they've lost a significant draw to international audiences.

Theey must have offered him everything to keep him

Most likely gave him resources to help his school.

I still see Kota being a key factor in NJPW leaving the door open to working with AEW.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
dave-bautista.jpg

Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned Dave Bautista is in talks with WWE for a match at WrestleMania 35, but it's not set in stone yet … and another company is expressing interest.

According to multiple sources, the "Guardians of the Galaxy" star is deep in talks with WWE about a return on "The Grandest Stage of Them All."

However, we're told he's 50/50 on returning at this point based on how talks have gone.

In addition to this, we're told there's been interest expressed to Dave from All Elite Wrestling and he isn't turning them away. Our sources say he's listening to what both companies have to offer.
http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/dave-bautista-talks-wwe-wrestlemania/#.XGHEks9Ki8U

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with this but I don't want alot of Brock Lesnar esc deals (show up when you want, work when you want) etc. I want consistency

I think there can easily be a balance, like I don't want the same people on TV every week as it begins to feel stale.

Maybe just don't put your world title on them and then have them fuck off for months.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
[
In what world is Kenny Omega a 4th distant draw. The man was one of the biggest draws in the company. I can tell you that the biggest match last year was it Kenny Omega. Like he was a bigger draw than AJ ever was and a way way way way way bigger job and Karl Anderson was don't know why you put him on the list. And in order for New Japan to make in moving of America they need Kenny.
What? You need to calm down, you didn't even seem to read my post and you're not making much sense.

Yes, distant fourth biggest draw. Okada, Naito and Tanahashi are much bigger draws than him. Biggest match last year? You mean his match with Okada at Dominion? How is that meant to prove he's one of the biggest draws in the company?

My point bringing up those three names is they all left at the same time and there was a gaping hole in their wake (which directly led to Kenny's heavyweight push, if they'd stayed he'd probably still be a Jr). Compared to that, the Elite leaving NJPW is nowhere near as bad. Nakamura was a far bigger draw than Kenny, AJ Styles wasn't quite as big but he was still a major star and yes, Karl Anderson was a star too. I'm guessing you only started watching NJPW recently but Karl Anderson was a quality upper middle carder who'd been around for years, main evented shows and had some great matches. He sure as hell meant more to NJPW than the Bucks or Cody.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
The entire NJPW push into the US was on the backs of The Elite. With them gone, they've lost a significant draw to international audiences.

This is definitely a US - Japan issue. In Japan, Omega is behind all of the major natives, but he drew a lot of international attention. Its going to be very interesting to see what New Japan does in the US the next year or two.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
When they did Smackdown 1000 or whatever that was a few months ago when Batista was there they teased a match with HHH which sounds like something he always petitioned for as a Wrestlemania match. Now he finds himself in a bidding war as well. Lucky Dave.

HHH might not be ready for Mania after tearing a titty for Saudi blood money, so they'd have to think something up

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What? You need to calm down, you didn't even seem to read my post and you're not making much sense.

Yes, distant fourth biggest draw. Okada, Naito and Tanahashi are much bigger draws than him. Biggest match last year? You mean his match with Okada at Dominion? How is that meant to prove he's one of the biggest draws in the company?

My point bringing up those three names is they all left at the same time and there was a gaping hole in their wake (which directly led to Kenny's heavyweight push, if they'd stayed he'd probably still be a Jr). Compared to that, the Elite leaving NJPW is nowhere near as bad. Nakamura was a far bigger draw than Kenny, AJ Styles wasn't quite as big but he was still a major star and yes, Karl Anderson was a star too. I'm guessing you only started watching NJPW recently but Karl Anderson was a quality upper middle carder who'd been around for years, main evented shows and had some great matches. He sure as hell meant more to NJPW than the Bucks or Cody.

Karl was a just guy New Japan at most she was just a mid card guy. Don't let pointless New beginning main events fool you.

Karl Anderson in no way was a star in new Japan. Kenny Omega was a key part of their 2018 like he was their key part of their g1 this year a main event in almost every show comparing Kenny Omega situation to those guys is completely different because the companies in a different place. They need Kenny Omega if they want to push in North America.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly Im fine with Ibushi staying in NJPW. If anything it might help get the company to keep ties to Kenny.

And even if he left he would only be a rare special attraction for AEW. and I would LOVE to see Kota get a run with the IWGP title over just about anything.

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Are there numbers that shows the draws in Japan?

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There was a popularity poll in Japan. The top 5 NJPW were those 4 and Hiromu. Kenny was a legit draw in Japan. Kenny and Ibushi were really popular with women (but Naito and Hiromu were just as popular)

Autumn

Avenger
Apr 1, 2018
There was a popularity poll in Japan. The top 5 NJPW were those 4 and Hiromu. Kenny was a legit draw in Japan. Kenny and Ibushi were really popular with women (but Naito and Hiromu were just as popular)
Omega would have been bigger if they let him cut promos in Japanese. NJPW wouldn't let him do interviews and promos in Japanese because he was a foreign heel.

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Omega would have been bigger if they let him cut promos in Japanese. NJPW wouldn't let him do interviews and promos in Japanese because he was a foreign heel.

He was cutting promos in Japanese once he started to turn face.

BTW there's usually more allotments of tickets- so if it's sold out now more tickets will likely be sold.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Good news. Maybe they'll open up more tickets as I think there's room for additional seating @ the MGM compared to what they've initially made available?

Var

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We got two tickets in section 9, hoping we can get something better on Wednesday when the general sale happens.

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
How many seats for double or nothing total?

Also, when we going to get BULLIONAIRE KHAN references brother.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
If you guys have a friend to go with and money to spend you can get near front row seats and hotel for like 1.2 k totaly, that's 2 seats.

So 600 each but that's ticket and 2 nights hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.