• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 29, 2017
So Moxley's next opponent in NJPW is a young lion? I wonder where they are going with this? Shota Umino push?

060901.jpg

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
Matt Riddle LOOKS like a huge television star, something I can't say about most top WWE guys, also doesn't hurt that he has the credentials and work rate

Yep, he has a natural charisma to him and can probably get even the dumbest shit WWE could throw at him over. He also already had an incredibly successful run in the indies and has proven himself time and time again, so I just don't see him leaving WWE unless things get really dire.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Chad Gable manages to get over in his 3 minute tv matches where the commentary isn't paying attention to the match

That's when you KNOW he's good.

Gable's current position on the roster: not even one of the geeks chasing r truth for the hardcore title. Just doesn't appear on tv at all. Praying this dude is waiting for his contract to end, dude would be a god in AEW or New Japan.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have faith that they'll use Riddle right in the current bloated enviroment once hes called up.

WWE are handed slam dunks all the time that they manage to somehow screw up.

Its easy to look at NXT and think they get it but we've been down that road before.

steveovig

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't have faith they will use Velveteen Dream well, and he has even more star potential than Riddle.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I don't have faith that they'll use Riddle right in the current bloated enviroment once hes called up.

WWE are handed slam dunks all the time that they manage to somehow screw up.

Its easy to look at NXT and think they get it but we've been down that road before.

It's why I don't watch NXT or WWE anymore. NXT feels pointless in the end, as the performers who get called up become as boring as everyone else on the main roster.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Somebody needs to do a "[insert game here] will save the PS3" style chalkboard meme for "There's no way WWE will fuck up [promising NXT talent]"

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
why is he facing a young lion?
why are they proudly advertising that he's facing a young lion?
i'm so confused..

My impression is that Mox will wrestle literally anyone so long as it's not in the WWE.

He probably wanted to be on the show, New Japan probably wanted him on the show, so they just threw him with someone they had available.

Var

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My impression is that Mox will wrestle literally anyone so long as it's not in the WWE.

He probably wanted to be on the show, New Japan probably wanted him on the show, so they just threw him with someone they had available.

Yeah, I think his BOSJ appearance went over really well and boosted their subscriptions so they are rushing to get him on the Dominion card.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Is it too early to ask where I can watch All Out yet?
it will be exactly the same as Double Or Nothing

I'm more curious about the two shows in the middle because those are very clearly supposed to be smaller scale vs. DON and All Out being tentpole shows. I'm hoping they're priced more reasonably ($20) but I wouldn't be surprised if they're still like $40 in the US.....

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is Fyter Fest going to be part of CEO like last year's wrestling event or is it a separate event?

Deleted member 35217

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2017
"This Moxley is like a pit bull. That's good shit. We need to sign him to a development deal." A confused call coming from Stamford, CT.

Aeron

Oct 27, 2017
Wow that's the best Dean/Moxley match I've seen in a long time.
It's a solid match in of itself but the showcase of how two former WWE guys have been unchained and can be themselves elevates it.

Still boggles my mind that CJ Parker is crushing it in Japan.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Mox vs Juice was damn good, I feel Juice does the most work in that match tho, Mox still looked kinda sloppy and slow.

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Here's a thought that came up.

Are prowrestlers -- particularly WWE prowrestlers -- are they resilient enough to be able to weather any vindictive booking once they've made it clear to WWE management that they won't be resigning with the company?

On that same front, will AEW viewers be savvy and forgiving enough to overlook performers who've been jobbed out on their way out of the WWE?

Sillution

Oct 25, 2017

Are prowrestlers -- particularly WWE prowrestlers -- are they resilient enough to be able to weather any vindictive booking once they've made it clear to WWE management that they won't be resigning with the company?

On that same front, will AEW viewers be savvy and forgiving enough to overlook performers who've been jobbed out on their way out of the WWE?

To answer at least the second question, the answer is yes. Just look at juice Robinson as an example.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

What?

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
From this week's Observer:

As far as streaming went, DON did its best numbers in markets you would expect, where wrestling in the 80s was strongest, notably New York, Chicago, Baltimore, Atlanta, and DC, and absolutely killed it in upstate New York.
Neither the 6/29 Fyter Fest in Daytona Beach nor the 7/16 Fight for the Fallen in Jacksonville will be PPV shows. Both will air on B/R Live in some form, whether as a low price iPPV or as part of a streaming deal. The next traditional PPV will be All Out on 8/31 in Chicago. Outside the U.S., no deal has been made official for the two shows but they are talking to the usual people and I would expect it will be on a service that would cover the rest of the world in some form

Dec 29, 2017
Mox vs Juice was damn good, I feel Juice does the most work in that match tho, Mox still looked kinda sloppy and slow.

That's what I thought and expected too. Rust, jet lag, excitement, nerves is probably what he went through. That senton off the stage entrance! Juice either overshot it or Moxley and the lions were out of position. That had to have hurt.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Wow that's the best Dean/Moxley match I've seen in a long time.
It's a solid match in of itself but the showcase of how two former WWE guys have been unchained and can be themselves elevates it.

Still boggles my mind that CJ Parker is crushing it in Japan.
Eh, calling Juice a former WWE guy who has been unchained is a bit of a stretch. Sure Juice used to work at WWE but when he went to NJPW, it was as a young lion, not as an established wrestler. So I'd argue the reason why he's a much better wrestler now than he was back then is because he started at the bottom and was trained in the New Japan dojo, not because he's just allowed to be more creative. Though you're right as far the promos are concerned.

Regardless, great match and an amazing card. Interesting to see Moxley's wrestling Shota Umino at Dominion but I guess it'll help Moxley shake off some of his ring rust and gives Shota a nice sendoff.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017

I know Kenny tweeted and also mentioned Aki a little while ago but they wouldn't tease this otherwise, would they?

Status
Not open for further replies.