• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeron

Oct 27, 2017
Eh, calling Juice a former WWE guy who has been unchained is a bit of a stretch. Sure Juice used to work at WWE but when he went to NJPW, it was as a young lion, not as an established wrestler. So I'd argue the reason why he's a much better wrestler now than he was back then is because he started at the bottom and was trained in the New Japan dojo, not because he's just allowed to be more creative. Though you're right as far the promos are concerned.

Regardless, great match and an amazing card. Interesting to see Moxley's wrestling Shota Umino at Dominion but I guess it'll help Moxley shake off some of his ring rust and gives Shota a nice sendoff.
I forgot to mention how good of a look it is for NJPW, Juice is absolutely a good example of how if you truly want to develope as a wrestler maybe NJPW is the way to go.

Deleted member 35217

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2017
So what's a match you guys would like to see at Fyter? A few guys I'd like to see more from would be Jungle Boy/Luchasauras vs. Private Party.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017

If his Dragon Gate/visa issues are resolved by then, have PAC make a surprise appearance at All Out, and watch the roof come off the place.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Did he finally lose that goddamn belt?
Here's hoping. If he can't take an L anywhere because he has to look strong for his other obligations it really hurts things if his only option is DQ finishes constantly. Thank god hes a top notch heel who can get himself over as a performer without looking weak though or he'd bury himself goin for DQ all the time.

Eager for him vs Hangman Page as a built rivalry. Its got enough heat from fans where he couldn't show up at the PPV that it'll sell tickets hard.

The-Demon

Alt account
Banned
Jun 7, 2019
Here's hoping. If he can't take an L anywhere because he has to look strong for his other obligations it really hurts things if his only option is DQ finishes constantly. Thank god hes a top notch heel who can get himself over as a performer without looking weak though or he'd bury himself goin for DQ all the time.

Eager for him vs Hangman Page as a built rivalry. Its got enough heat from fans where he couldn't show up at the PPV that it'll sell tickets hard.
Yea hopefully he loses it, the whole "not being able to lose" angle got really old with NWO after a while as well

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Ember Moon is another person I forgot the mention about people currently languishing in WWE that would do pretty well in AEW.

She can't cut a promo to save her life but as an athlete and a wrestler, she's incredibly good. She needs to be in a promotion wheres that valued more than being someone like Alexa Bliss or Lacey Evans.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
Ember Moon is another person I forgot the mention about people currently languishing in WWE that would do pretty well in AEW.

She can't cut a promo to save her life but as an athlete and a wrestler, she's incredibly good. She needs to be in a promotion wheres that valued more than being someone like Alexa Bliss or Lacey Evans.

She is probably top 3 in the company and she is absolutely wasted. Thing is she is super over with crowds, compared to her push. She could be massive if given a chance.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
img_20190529_142038.jpg

I'm interested to see who they get to team with the Lucha Bros at Fyter Fest. I'd like to see them get someone like Taurus from AAA

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
just hours away from AEW number one contender chris jericho taking on some champion of another wrestling federation

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
I mean, I hate to keep on about bashing WWE, but I have to here.

Can you even imagine how many talents WWE has destroyed in the almost 20 years it has been since WCW went out of business? How many folks started with the dream, trained, attempted to make it work, and then WWE just killed their passion for the entire thing and they gave up and have since moved on? How many of these folks had actual potential and it was just tossed in the trash bin? How many truly great workers have we missed out on simply because of how WWE works?

I love wrestling, I'll always be a WWE fan, but when I really sit and think about it it kinda makes me sick to my stomach.

I'm beyond thrilled that these people have a true alternative in North America once again.

One guy I instantly think about is Harry Smith. It's an abomination how much of his career has been wasted because of what WWE did to him. I know he has had success elsewhere since, but not on this kind of stage in the states. I hope he has the chance to go to AEW. I mean, look what WWE did to someone like even CM Punk. He had a passion and they beat it out of him to the extent that he may not even work anywhere ever again. I can't imagine what it did to the guys who never even were able to come close to what someone like a CM Punk or Dean Ambrose were able to achieve with those constraints. Ugh.

It also pisses me off that even the guys that ARE getting a chance now, like Shawn Spears, so much of his career was just wasted. Now guys like him are in the spotlight but they are already pushing 40 years old. Other than a short stint on the indies, he wasted like 13 years of his prime for absolutely nothing.

It absolutely applies to others beyond just the wrestles. The WWE system pushes everyone down with how it is. JR on Double or Nothing was more in his element than he has been in years in WWE. Even Billy Flippin' Gunn seems to be in a better head space now. I'm sure agents like Dean and Arn will be thrilled to have somewhere to work where they are free to just be creative and do their jobs how they should have always been done. I'm excited for the possibility of Rene Young following Moxley as soon as it's possible, they have actively ruined her in the booth in WWE. It's no wonder that we are hearing reports where tons of folks in WWE are interested in getting out. I would be too if I worked there. I also don't think WWE is safe from anyone wanting out, not even the top talent unless they have direct ties to the family. In a million years I never would have thought someone like Randy would ever leave WWE, but now it wouldn't shock me for a second. The creative envoriment mixed with the decreased schedule? Some of these guys would be insane to not be interested in getting out.

Booker T, many WCW and ECW guys after they closed, Eugene, Rob Conway, the Basham Brothers, the whole freaking Spirit Squad. Hell, for every Randy Orton or Cena, a bunch of OVWs talent was wasted. Heck, one of my buddies, who was trained by HBK and Manny Fernandez, got through a try-out but got turned down just because he was 40 at the time.

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
WCW kinda did it with WW3, but theirs was kinda lame since it had everybody be already in the rings to start.
Can WWE actually patent the Royal Rumble rules given how ubiquitous battle royales in general are? It would be kind of like patenting the rule that titles never change via countouts or disqualifications. Also, I believe that 10 second countouts became a thing in the WWF in the 1980's, but since then, I've seen other promotions use this feature with no recrimination.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Ember's one of maybe three women on the main roster who can keep up with Asuka without her having to slow down and in terms of athletics the only one who beat Bianca Belair in the PC combine a couple years back, it just sucks she's got a nothing to worth with character wise with a mess of a persona and apparently promo class in NXT died with Dusty.

Booker T, many WCW and ECW guys after they closed, Eugene, Rob Conway, the Basham Brothers, the whole freaking Spirit Squad. Hell, for every Randy Orton or Cena, a bunch of OVWs talent was wasted. Heck, one of my buddies, who was trained by HBK and Manny Fernandez, got through a try-out but got turned down just because he was 40 at the time.

I was down in OVW in 2001 so I got to experience that "era" of the promotion and yeah, the Bashams pretty much quit wrestling after they got out of WWE and Conway didn't wrestle for years after, really fucking with OVW too, the place absolutely can kill people's passion for the business due to the the bullshit. Dinsmore should've been more but that gimmick trapped him and they could've allowed him to evolve out of it but didn't and unfortunately that's pretty much been his thing since. Despite his success I still don't think Cena really met his potential, Vince pretty much killed him by putting his Hulk Hogan style push shit on him. As for Randy Orton it's crazy to remember that he's not even 40 yet but still as I've said for 18 years now, fuck Orton.

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
AAA has a show today:

AEW Sammy Guevara and Jack Evans are going to be there.

The triple threat for the World Cruiser Weight Championship should be a match to watch: Hijo del Vikingo vs Jack Evans vs Laredo Kid (C).

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kenta is in the G1 also. Can anyone explain the G1 more to me? Is it a multi night tournament? Saw they are doing a show in Dallas that says to be the G1 tournament, but can't find matches for it?

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Kenta is in the G1 also. Can anyone explain the G1 more to me? Is it a multi night tournament? Saw they are doing a show in Dallas that says to be the G1 tournament, but can't find matches for it?

It is a multi days tournament that last for weeks. You have two blocks (A and B) where all the block competitors fight each other. The winners of the A and B block face each other in the finals. We will get the participants and the matches in the next days.

Var

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, they do multiple nights with two blocks of competitors. The person with the best record from the A block faces off with the winner from the B block for a title shot at Wrestle Kingdom. Dallas is the first show this year, but I don't think they will announce the actual matches until the last week before the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.