• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is a multi days tournament that last for weeks. You have two blocks (A and B) where all the block competitors fight each other. The winners of the A and B block face each other in the finals. We will get the participants and the matches in the next days.
Yeah, they do multiple nights with two blocks of competitors. The person with the best record from the A block faces off with the winner from the B block for a title shot at Wrestle Kingdom. Dallas is the first show this year, but I don't think they will announce the actual matches until the last week before the show.

Thanks, will be interesting. Might get tickets. AEW kind of renewed my interest in wrestling.

Var

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, will be interesting. Might get tickets. AEW kind of renewed my interest in wrestling.

If you are close enough you wouldn't have to fly in, I would go ahead and do it. The G1 is normally pretty awesome. Tickets have been slow moving so they still have some pretty decent seats left.

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
I think I get it, but for the uninitiated, what does that pic of SpongeBob mean?

Old man here, but it's the same thing as when people RaNdOmLy CaPtIaLiZe LeTtErs in something they write, basically "ThE SuPeR ShOwDoWn ShOW WaS BeTtEr ThAn DoUbLe Or NoThInG!" in Gif form.

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think CM punk tweets should have been put in the "always trolling, don't pay attention " category a while back.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017

All Elite Wrestling has hired former Senior Director of Live Event Marketing of WWE Rafael Morffi to handle the live event aspect of the company. Morffi, who was with the New York Mets before his WWE run and worked for the New York Cosmos soccer team after departing WWE, has also worked with Impact Wrestling, MLW, House of Hardcore, Brian Knobbs' Legends of Wrestling events and Jim Ross, among others, via his Signature Move Productions Company. He's been well liked and respect within the pro wrestling world for many years.

Morffi was at "Double or Nothing" last month and will be an important part of the AEW operations going forward. It's a big hire for the company.

RBH

Nov 2, 2017
Below is an ongoing resource list featuring confirmed contract expirations, reported by respected news outlets or the talent themselves. You can also find Fightful's constantly updated injury report at this link. Both are covered weekly on the Fightful Report Podcast on Fightful Select.

WWE
Shinsuke Nakamura-
Rhyno: July 17, 2019
Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows - September 2019
Stephanie McMahon - October 7, 2019 (as on-screen talent)
Luke Harper - Late 2019
Matt Hardy: March 2020
Jeff Hardy: March 2020
The Revival: April 2020 (Dash Wilder had two months tacked on)
Mandy Rose: Late 2020
Rey Mysterio- October 2020 (out clause after 18 months)
Randy Orton: 2020 (ten-year deal in 2010)
Mojo Rawley- 2020
Pat McAfee: Through 2020 at least (multi-year deal)
Jerry Lawler: January 10, 2021
Ronda Rousey: April 10, 2021
Big Show: Spring 2021
Daniel Bryan: September 2021
Sami Zayn: Fall 2021 (signed three-year deal before June 2018 injury. Contract extended due to missed time for injury)
The Miz: 2022
Sin Cara: Signed through 2022
Kevin Owens: April 2023 (minimum; signed 5-year deal in 2018)
Booker T: Runs through 2029

Recent news: Mauro Ranallo re-signs

All Elite Wrestling
Chris Jericho:
Through 2021
Jim Ross: Through Spring 2022
Joey Janela: Through May 2022
Kenny Omega: 2023
Cody: January 2024
Young Bucks: January 2024

Recent changes: Jon Moxley signs, Luchasaurus signs.

NJPW/ROH
PJ Black:
Through 2019
Beer City Bruiser: Through 2019
Hiroshi Tanahashi- At least through 2019, terms not disclosed
Shane Taylor- At least through 2019, terms not disclosed
Rush: With ROH through 2019. With CMLL until end of 2020.
Bandido: Through 2019.
Flip Gordon: Through 2020
Ian Riccaboni- Minimum February 2020 (multi-year deal in 2019)
Rocky Romero: Minimum through 2020 (multi-year deal in January 2019)
Chase Owens: Minimum through 2020 (multi-year deal in January 2019)
Kota Ibushi- February 2021
Silas Young: Through 2021
Kenny King: Signed through 2021
Juice Robinson: January 2022

Other news: Jonathan Gresham working without a contract, looking to re-sign.

Impact Wrestling:
Moose:
Minimum through February 2021 (multi-year deal in February 2019)
Rosemary: February 2021
Ethan Page: February 2021
Sami Callihan: Minimum through February 2021 (multi-year deal in February 2019)
Fallah Bahh: Minimum through February 2021 (multi-year deal in February 2019)
Jake & Dave Crist: Minimum through March 2021 (multi-year deal in March 2019)
Willie Mack: Minimum through April 2021 (signed multi-year deal in May 2019)
Jordynne Grace: Through May 2021
Rich Swann: May 2021
Josh Alexander: February 2022

Recent News: Killer Kross and Scarlett Bordeaux ask for their releases

Note: Despite the fact that Impact announced February/March 2019 signings, SEScoops reported that the contracts were actually signed in October 2018

MLW:
Pentagon Jr.:
Through 2019
Rey Fenix: Through 2019
Davey Boy Smith Jr.: Minimum through 2020 (multi-year deal in January 2019)
Von Erichs: Minimum through April 2021 (multi-year deal in May 2019)

Recent News: Salina's contract extended

www.fightful.com

Wrestling Contract Expiration Dates: WWE, AEW, NJPW, TNA | Fightful News

A list of contract expiration dates, as confirmed by the wrestlers themselves.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Other news: Jonathan Gresham working without a contract, looking to re-sign.
Oh for fuck's sake..

G6te8cS.gif

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
It is clear he wants to wrestle for NJPW, not AEW. So re-signing with RoH is the best bet until NJPW calls you full time. I would not be surprised if Bandido does the same next year.
I was starting to hope he would go to New Japan full time, not necessarily AEW, since he was doing so well there whenever he shows up.

I pray ROH is just a means to an end for him and he doesn't plan to settle down there or at Impact. He deserves better.

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was starting to hope he would go to New Japan full time, not necessarily AEW, since he was doing so well there whenever he shows up.

I pray ROH is just a means to an end for him and he doesn't plan to settle down there or at Impact. He deserves better.

NJPW is really conservative and slow when it comes to signing Jr. talent. So for USA / Canada wrestlers that want to be at NJPW, sgning with RoH is the best choice. NJPW sometimes even asks RoH to hire a wrestler to "test" him. One of the reasons NJPW likes its partnership with RoH so much, they are in an advantageous position.

RBH

Nov 2, 2017
New match announced for Fyter Fest during BTE:

D8uWbIOXYAEnW8I.jpg:large

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy are so good together, I love it.

Also TIL Jungle Boy is Luke Perry's son?????

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017

It might be because he is one of the trainers there.

Either way, I agree.

RBH

Nov 2, 2017
Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy are so good together, I love it.

Also TIL Jungle Boy is Luke Perry's son?????
Here's a nice documentary about Jungle Boy from recently:

Jericho also did a podcast recently where he interviewed Jungle Boy that was a good listen.

Autumn

Avenger
Apr 1, 2018
That should be a fun match. Although looking at this reminds me that AEW needs more heels.
I wonder if Page will turn on the Elite? They've kinda been taking him for granted. Might be worth a try if they don't want to give the title to Jericho. Also works for his battle with Moxley since he's too popular to be a heel.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
Will Shinsuke and Anderson/Gallows renew? I know luke and karl would happily go to their buddies in AEW, but what about nakamura? I heard some time ago that he wants to live in USA and not coming back to Japan.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Per ESPN, Cris "Cyborg" Justino's next UFC fight is the last on her contract and she intends to test the market after. She was ringside at Double Or Nothing last month and specifically said in her interview she wouldn't rule out wrestling

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
My initial reaction to that is... I don't want it. I admit that is dismissive though, and likely a result of what WWE has done with similar talent. So we'll see. I mean, that Kurt guy did alright transitioning to pro-wrestling I suppose.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
My initial reaction to that is... I don't want it. I admit that is dismissive though, and likely a result of what WWE has done with similar talent. So we'll see. I mean, that Kurt guy did alright transitioning to pro-wrestling I suppose.
Ronda (another former UFC fighter) is still abit green in a wrestling ring but shes also pretty damn good.

Status
Not open for further replies.