• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Same.

The Joshi stuff is cool but the other stuff just seems to be lame and an after thought.
Yeah, I feel like after three shows they've had enough thrown together multi-women matches that they could easily have a 4 women mini-tournament like they were originally going to do with the men. But now one half of the world title is just going to be decided by a big dumb battle royal on the pre-show, which worked so well for Hangman and is going to feature the likes of Leva Bates, Brandi and Teal Piper. Yay?

It also blows my mind that after three shows, AEW have only had two women's singles matches: Leva Bates vs Allie and Brandi vs Allie.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I would be all for a Nyla win but I think she'll be given the role of obliterating almost everyone, looking unstoppable but being chucked out by the eventual winner.

Nyla's AEW career so far seems to be about her putting over others. I really thought they would book her as an unbeatable monster from day one.

AEW needs its own Samoa Joe booking.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Yeah, I feel like after three shows they've had enough thrown together multi-women matches that they could easily have a 4 women mini-tournament like they were originally going to do with the men. But now one half of the world title is just going to be decided by a big dumb battle royal on the pre-show, which worked so well for Hangman and is going to feature the likes of Leva Bates, Brandi and Teal Piper. Yay?

It also blows my mind that after three shows, AEW have only had two women's singles matches: Leva Bates vs Allie and Brandi vs Allie.

Let's hope that first television episode gives us a women's match to remember.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
I think the reality is, they don't have a strong women's roster. There just isn't a ton of legit good women's wrestlers in general, and both WWE and Impact have that market mostly cornered. I think that's the reality of why they're relying on a lot of multi-women matches and such. They're cracking into the joshi scene, but it's not as easy as just snapping their fingers and making it happen, there are visas to be obtained and they need to convince these women to move to a different country to join a start-up. I think the women's division is going to be a slower build.

MassiveNights

Oct 25, 2017
Fite is a great platform for wrestling content, especially for those outside of the US. WWE buying it would really suck.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
I could definitely see a noticeable amount of indies that would just be finished if they couldn't stream on Fite TV at that point. Money they could get from alternatives like IndependentWrestling.TV just isn't comparable

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Which would be dumb, since AEW has the reources and conncections to find anoter partner easily. The affected parties would be the other indies.

It's not even that, it's the fact they're targeting AEW while trying (and failing miserably) to pretend to be not bothered by them.

That FiteTV statement doesn't mean WWE didnt at least approach them to ask the question.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Shoko Nakajima, Yuka Sakazaki and Aja Kong all have matches already announced for September 1 (Shoko's is a title match too), so I wouldn't expect any of the three at All Out

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
I still think Britt Baker vs Bea Priestley will happen at All Out and will determine the other half of the championship match. They have an easy storyline reason to have their match separate based on the events from FftF.

I think we see Baker vs Shida on Oct 2... I really think Shida should be their first champ, by the way. Baker has potential but is too rough around the edges at this point. She and Adam Page need to get the same build. Give them the rub of being in early championship matches, but let them have a long build to improve in the ring and build credibility with the fans.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
At House of Glory LAX just said goodbye to the promotion, and later on in the show the Young Bucks will have their own final indy match

LAX are running out of indy dates left and running out of goodbyes to have. Meanwhile Jericho's mystery partners for the TNT debut remain mysteries...

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I still think Britt Baker vs Bea Priestley will happen at All Out and will determine the other half of the championship match. They have an easy storyline reason to have their match separate based on the events from FftF.

I think we see Baker vs Shida on Oct 2... I really think Shida should be their first champ, by the way. Baker has potential but is too rough around the edges at this point. She and Adam Page need to get the same build. Give them the rub of being in early championship matches, but let them have a long build to improve in the ring and build credibility with the fans.
As a person who is unfamiliar with Shida, I find her a strange choice for first champ since they haven't used her in months. I hear she's great, don't get me wrong, but to me it should be Riho, Yuka, Nyla, Britt, Bea simply because they have been pushing them to some extent. Maybe she'll have a huge presence in the Battle Royale.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
I don't think their not using her is by choice, she's just had prior commitments throughout the summer. She's the only joshi so far that's confirmed exclusive to them once TV starts. The problem with the other is, Yuka isn't signed to them, Riho is only part time, Britt and Nyla are too green, Bea is also part time. Shida seems like the best compromise between being actually good in the ring and also committed to them.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
So the dirt sheets aren't accurate and credible? Lol
Imagine using an idiotic term like dirt sheets in 2019.

Assuming Fite aren't outright lying, then just because they aren't in M&A discussions with WWE doesn't mean something isn't happening. I guess we'll see what happens.

People have done crazier schedules involving a plane ride!
All Out and the TJPW show are only a few hours apart, so I doubt it's even possible.

I don't think their not using her is by choice, she's just had prior commitments throughout the summer. She's the only joshi so far that's confirmed exclusive to them once TV starts. The problem with the other is, Yuka isn't signed to them, Riho is only part time, Britt and Nyla are too green, Bea is also part time. Shida seems like the best compromise between being actually good in the ring and also committed to them.
It depends how they're going to do TV. I think they could easily put the belt on a part timer who wrestles maybe once a month and then record subtitled promos and stuff to fill in the gaps between appearances.

That said, at this point I'm expecting them to put the belt on Britt. I don't think it's the right decision because she's nowhere near the best woman on the roster but based on the way they've booked her and have booked the women in general, it really seems like they're backing her to be one of their stars.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
It's the wrestling equivalent of "fake news media",
Maybe everyone keep it friendly. Calling folks marks and conflating dirt sheets with some right wing rhetoric to downplay the news' legitimacy is leading to unnecessary flame war shit.

It's a rumor mill thing. Let's not warp that shit to sound like some kind of boogey man. The dirt sheets have been useful for getting serious matters into the light before. They run stories when they think they're onto something and jump the gun becuase, like most all of wrestling, it's some carnie shit. lol It's one of those things to not take at face value but to keep in mind when other news happens. No different than any niche thing that has a rumor mill like video games or comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.