• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
No, you have someone on their social media team saying that.

These rumors have been flying around for a bit.. where there's smoke there is usually fire.
They have publicly talked about it now. It's whatever if I'm wrong cuz it's just talk. But I doubt they would let social media guy comment on rumors and speculation worded so certainly and pointedly to a specific rumor if there wasn't some truth to what he's saying in that tweet. That's not just for fans, it's for partners to see as well.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
I was hoping they'd at least give PP a win in the tournament before a more prominent team eliminates them, but this has potential to give them a big rub regardless. They came out of that Fyter Fest three way looking great even in losing. That's going to be a big match for their second TV show.

What does everybody expect from the tag tournament? I think I'm betting Young Bucks vs LAX (assuming they join as expected) in the finals, but wouldn't be surprised if Lucha Bros is one of the teams instead. I can't see the first tag champs not being one of those teams.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe everyone keep it friendly. Calling folks marks and conflating dirt sheets with some right wing rhetoric to downplay the news' legitimacy is leading to unnecessary flame war shit.

It's a rumor mill thing. Let's not warp that shit to sound like some kind of boogey man. The dirt sheets have been useful for getting serious matters into the light before. They run stories when they think they're onto something and jump the gun becuase, like most all of wrestling, it's some carnie shit. lol It's one of those things to not take at face value but to keep in mind when other news happens. No different than any niche thing that has a rumor mill like video games or comics.
No. It isn't as destructive as that right wing rhetoric but the point is still the same: To discredit and get people to ignore journalists. If you've been conned into believing they're all "carnie shit" then you don't know what you're talking about and that's your problem but I don't think throwing around those terms should just be accepted and I'll call people out when I see that shit.

I was hoping they'd at least give PP a win in the tournament before a more prominent team eliminates them, but this has potential to give them a big rub regardless. They came out of that Fyter Fest three way looking great even in losing. That's going to be a big match for their second TV show.

What does everybody expect from the tag tournament? I think I'm betting Young Bucks vs LAX (assuming they join as expected) in the finals, but wouldn't be surprised if Lucha Bros is one of the teams instead. I can't see the first tag champs not being one of those teams.
Seems like a lot of people are expecting LAX to sign with WWE (sadly).

Bucks vs Lucha Bros in the final would've been hype if we hadn't seen that a million times already this year, so I'm hoping they throw a curveball in there and we don't see a rematch for a while. Not sure who I'd like to see in the final, maybe Bucks vs Angelico/Evans? To me, the Bucks should be the first champs.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
I still think the mystery tag spot on the TV debut seems ear marked for LAX, but I guess we'll see.

They can only do Bucks vs Lucha again if there's some other gimmick match they can advance the feud to like the ladder match, but I agree, I think that should tap them out for a while.

Based on the booking so far, the only other tag teams I could see being opponents to the Bucks would be SCU, Dark Order, or Best Friends but none of that excites me much at this stage.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
It's the wrestling equivalent of "fake news media", I don't have to think I'm "hip" (lol) to think it's idiotic.
This is just not true. It's got nothing to do with fake news, in fact, the exact opposite. Dirt Sheets are literally the name of wrestling publications. They weren't fake in the past, they aren't fake now. The "dirt" refers to the breaking of kayfabe by them, as opposed to the regular wrestling magazines of old that kept kayfabe and reported as if it were real. The "sheet" refers to the fact they were printed on A4 paper sheets and distributed like newsletters.

The WON, PWT, PWI, F4W, and the many websites that feed you the news that originates from them are all still "dirt sheets" and that has nothing to do with fake news or any other kind of media thing that people have thought up over the past few years. It's a term that's been around ever since the WON was created.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is just not true. It's got nothing to do with fake news, in fact, the exact opposite. Dirt Sheets are literally the name of wrestling publications. They weren't fake in the past, they aren't fake now. The "dirt" refers to the breaking of kayfabe by them, as opposed to the regular wrestling magazines of old that kept kayfabe and reported as if it were real. The "sheet" refers to the fact they were printed on A4 paper sheets and distributed like newsletters.

The WON, PWT, PWI, F4W, and the many websites that feed you the news that originates from them are all still "dirt sheets" and that has nothing to do with fake news or any other kind of media thing that people have thought up over the past few years. It's a term that's been around ever since the WON was created.
I mean, yeah, the term has innocuous origins, but it's morphed into a derisive term within the wrestling industry and fandom to "insider" news outlets that are bunk or inaccurate (or, at the very least, outlets that performers and promoters want their fans to think are such). You almost never hear anyone refer to the "sheets" in a positive or even neutral manner much anymore.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Cole have built-in feud with the Elite already, its would be dream scenario tbh

but shit's rough, maybe in 5 year

Jan 10, 2018
At House of Glory LAX just said goodbye to the promotion, and later on in the show the Young Bucks will have their own final indy match

LAX are running out of indy dates left and running out of goodbyes to have. Meanwhile Jericho's mystery partners for the TNT debut remain mysteries...

Remember when Jericho was the mysterious friend of Ambrose, who was going to help him out with a feud? Forgot which feud that was lol

Btw, I love how this link is a actual thing

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017

Can't wait to see who else pops up.

Bullshit. WWE has 111 active wrestlers between Raw and Smackdown (not counting 205 and NXT rosters) and they has A LOT of stale talent with any minute of TV time

How the hell will AEW with only one 2 hour weekly show give promotion and tv time to almost that same amount of roster?

Unless Cody is being intentionally ambiguous here and he is talking only about EXCLUSIVE AEW superstars is only about 40%

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
A few of the already announced wrestlers are part timers (ex: Bea and Riho). Most of those 60% must be part time or else I can't ever see that wothing unless they start doing 2-3 shows every week.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
Bullshit. WWE has 111 active wrestlers between Raw and Smackdown (not counting 205 and NXT rosters) and they has A LOT of stale talent with any minute of TV time

How the hell will AEW with only one 2 hour weekly show give promotion and tv time to almost that same amount of roster?

Unless Cody is being intentionally ambiguous here and he is talking only about EXCLUSIVE AEW superstars is only about 40%

Well, WWE only features like 20% of their actual talent on a weekly basis. It doesn't have to be like that, that's just become wrestling convention. From comments that have been made, it doesn't seem like AEW plans to have any of their acts appearing/wrestling every week, which is OK. That's really how it should be. It would be very healthy for a wrestling promotion to feature its entire roster and condition the audience that the entire roster matters and is worth seeing, not just a few people.

That said, Cody probably is using some hyperbole. But I do think there are probably a decent number of acts we haven't seen revealed yet (especially women).

Oct 27, 2017
If that number is real then I fully expect a bunch of part timers or full timers that take long absences. Like I can see them having people take off months at a time while they let some other wrestlers get built up for a bit.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
If that number is real then I fully expect a bunch of part timers or full timers that take long absences. Like I can see them having people take off months at a time while they let some other wrestlers get built up for a bit.

Well, Kenny is booked for an OWE show on October 15th...so he probably won't make it for AEW on TNT on October 16th.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. Idk about ALL of them being part timers. Maybe folks on shorter contracts and loaners from DDT, TJPW and AAA.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
I think that's a crazy big roster unless Cody is just being silly here, saying something just to say it. If that's true a lot of people are going to have a hard time getting a "spot" especially when the top of the card is full already and the mid card is already filling out well with people like Darby and Spears and the countless others having already appeared on their PPVs. 2 hours and their PPVs is plenty of time to fill but they also are going to count on their big names to bring in the numbers like Jericho, Omega, and Moxley. I dunno, I hope as others are saying he's just counting people from other promotions that they will work with like AAA or people who can work spot shows regardless of if they are contracted elsewhere.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
If what's Cody saying is correct, I assume then that they will have half of the roster 1 week and the other half the next week. Because if they have 100+ wrestlers there is no way they will be able to feature them in a 2 hour weekly show.

Status
Not open for further replies.